BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-15-2022, 12:01 PM   #2707
zx10guy
Colonel
4204
Rep
2,978
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Yeah there are some real abusers, for me the attached should be what your back position should look like. I think this guys grip can be wider, but depends what areas you want to work. Weight is on the shoulders, arched under the lower back, feet planted, ass on the bench.
That's the way I'm on the bench. But at the beginning and end for isolation, I like to have my legs up in the air where my thighs are at a 90 degree angle to the bench and my knees are bent where the rest of my legs are parallel to the bench. Not sure if this is really wrong but I can really feel the isolation at my chest when doing this. I also do pause reps when I have my legs in this position.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
We might not be in an agreement on Trump, but I'll be the first penis chaser here to say I'll rather take it up in the ass than to argue with you on this.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 01:00 PM   #2708
JP10
Major
JP10's Avatar
1942
Rep
1,099
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
That's the way I'm on the bench. But at the beginning and end for isolation, I like to have my legs up in the air where my thighs are at a 90 degree angle to the bench and my knees are bent where the rest of my legs are parallel to the bench. Not sure if this is really wrong but I can really feel the isolation at my chest when doing this. I also do pause reps when I have my legs in this position.
Oh yeah for isolation what you're doing there is the move. I don't go for heavy weight anymore so I just ensure I am stabilized across the board. On DB presses I often have my legs up as you describe, just because it is easier for me to throw the 80s back and to get up afterwards lol.
Appreciate 1
zx10guy4203.50
      04-19-2022, 10:32 PM   #2709
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
15003
Rep
9,127
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

My lower back never hurt with my knees parallel to bench surface. Any other way and I hurt
Nowadays I can only do decline because of the shoulder spur, so most of my chest work is hands below the chest on some sort of machine
__________________
I have romped on her and I giggled like a drunk infant the entire time. - Sedan_Clan
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 03:37 PM   #2710
e90335e36m3
M3
1362
Rep
700
Posts

Drives: M3s
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Earth

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
I don't get people who arch their back on bench to lift "more" weight. I know that's what power lifters do and all, but it's cheating IMO, reduces the total distance the weight has to travel. Let's see you lift the same weight with your back flat, then tell me your bench 1RM is 1000lbs. Nobody counts half a rep with a flat back, why should arched back get that benefit? It's like crossfitters who can do 75 kip ups but only 10 pull ups. Can someone explain?
Proper form is weight of your body on your shoulders. Meaning your whole spine should not be in contact with the bench. That does not mean overexaggerate the arch to reduce the stroke - I've definitely seen this. Your ass should still be on the bench.
This is the kind of bench that really grinds my gears. "240lbs". Still super strong for someone that age it has to be said.

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 02:57 PM   #2711
peelerec
Private
peelerec's Avatar
59
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: 2022 M340i Mineral Grey
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Pomona, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
This is the kind of bench that really grinds my gears. "240lbs". Still super strong for someone that age it has to be said.

Why does this grind your gears? The arch?
__________________
Present: 2022 M340i Mineral Grey
Past: 2019 330i Jet Black, 2012 Evo X GSR Octane Blue (SOLD 09/2022 12k miles )
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 03:35 AM   #2712
aguywalksintoabar
Banned
United_States
1675
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Location

iTrader: (0)

The cleaning vigilantes. I always wipe down equipment after use. One guy said I hadn't done it. He wasn't even looking. My trainer had to intervene. What an asshat though.
Appreciate 1
      04-26-2022, 12:42 PM   #2713
Anonymous Anomaly
Observer
27
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: Ubiquitous EV
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: EU

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguywalksintoabar View Post
The cleaning vigilantes. I always wipe down equipment after use. One guy said I hadn't done it. He wasn't even looking. My trainer had to intervene. What an asshat though.
So what did you tell him when he said you hadn't done it?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 01:16 PM   #2714
aguywalksintoabar
Banned
United_States
1675
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Anomaly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguywalksintoabar View Post
The cleaning vigilantes. I always wipe down equipment after use. One guy said I hadn't done it. He wasn't even looking. My trainer had to intervene. What an asshat though.
So what did you tell him when he said you hadn't done it?
I said you can see I have sprayed it with the anti-bac. He said it was sweat. The trainer came and said smell it. Then a few others said they had seen me do it. Dunno what his problem was.

It's happened before. I have seen people not clean stuff when done and I go and clean it before use anyway.
Appreciate 1
      04-26-2022, 03:59 PM   #2715
Anonymous Anomaly
Observer
27
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: Ubiquitous EV
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: EU

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguywalksintoabar View Post
I said you can see I have sprayed it with the anti-bac. He said it was sweat. The trainer came and said smell it. Then a few others said they had seen me do it. Dunno what his problem was.

It's happened before. I have seen people not clean stuff when done and I go and clean it before use anyway.
Haha, that's too funny. Smell it!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 02:43 AM   #2716
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Dang3r's Avatar
Germany
10370
Rep
1,955
Posts

Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Liandri Central Core

iTrader: (0)

Into the sauna, when some ppl are wiping their sweat off and wave their hands towards the oven, distusting
__________________
Citizen of ///M - Town, where too much is just right

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
      04-27-2022, 11:20 AM   #2717
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
15003
Rep
9,127
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Into the sauna, when some ppl are wiping their sweat off and wave their hands towards the oven, distusting
In a sauna, people are going to SWEAT. Better to have the sweat steamed up again than just sitting on the bench, no? If it hits the burner, anything besides water that gets turned back to steam gets burned up.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 11:29 AM   #2718
strohw
Lieutenant
293
Rep
450
Posts

Drives: CT4 Blackwing
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

I'm sure this was mentioned already but those portable bluetooth speaker setups. The gym I go to is in a very small town so you will often have anywhere from just yourself to maybe 3-4 others in there at a time. The 20 year olds now have these bluetooth tower speakers that they move around with and blast their music.
Appreciate 1
540iSUP521.50
      04-27-2022, 11:54 AM   #2719
JP10
Major
JP10's Avatar
1942
Rep
1,099
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohw View Post
I'm sure this was mentioned already but those portable bluetooth speaker setups. The gym I go to is in a very small town so you will often have anywhere from just yourself to maybe 3-4 others in there at a time. The 20 year olds now have these bluetooth tower speakers that they move around with and blast their music.
From a 20 something year old - those guys are asshats and deserve public condemnation lol
Appreciate 1
540iSUP521.50
      04-27-2022, 01:38 PM   #2720
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
15003
Rep
9,127
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

I hate when people leave their dog poop bags laying on the bench. Throw it in the neighbor company's trash can, for goodness sake

self-ban
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2022, 03:25 AM   #2721
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Dang3r's Avatar
Germany
10370
Rep
1,955
Posts

Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Liandri Central Core

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I hate when people leave their dog poop bags laying on the bench. Throw it in the neighbor company's trash can, for goodness sake

self-ban
You encountered this into a gym? Wow, strange things are going on near Oxnard
__________________
Citizen of ///M - Town, where too much is just right

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 10:26 PM   #2722
icomania
Registered
Germany
2
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: bmw 3.20
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: essen

iTrader: (0)

I love it when a girl decides to start doing her lunges/weightless squats in front of me -
Appreciate 1
540iSUP521.50
      06-20-2022, 05:21 AM   #2723
floridaorange
Colonel
floridaorange's Avatar
United_States
4405
Rep
2,473
Posts

Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: orlando, fl

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohw View Post
I'm sure this was mentioned already but those portable bluetooth speaker setups. The gym I go to is in a very small town so you will often have anywhere from just yourself to maybe 3-4 others in there at a time. The 20 year olds now have these bluetooth tower speakers that they move around with and blast their music.
: you've got to be kidding
__________________
Stage 2 BM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2022, 09:54 AM   #2724
zx10guy
Colonel
4204
Rep
2,978
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

The same crap was going on at my gym for a little while. Thankfully, it seemed to have stopped.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
We might not be in an agreement on Trump, but I'll be the first penis chaser here to say I'll rather take it up in the ass than to argue with you on this.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST