BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-06-2006, 09:42 AM   #1
gmcwv
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '06 330i Sport

Fireman Suit ?

Halloween is coming up and I am looking for a real fireman suit, anyone know where I might get one. I have looked online and not much help. I have seen the costume variety and they just look cheap. Any help would be great.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2006, 10:07 AM   #2
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcwv
Halloween is coming up and I am looking for a real fireman suit, anyone know where I might get one. I have looked online and not much help. I have seen the costume variety and they just look cheap. Any help would be great.
you only want the real deal? not a fake one? If you ever wore a real fireman suit, I think you will change your mind about wearing a real one.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2006, 12:05 PM   #3
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

I told my boyfriend to be a fireman like 3 years ago and he said he would and that never happened, yet somehow he convinces me to be a school girl like every year.

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2006, 12:08 PM   #4
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBob
After the Oklahoma/Oregon football debacle, here's what I'll be wearing for Halloween.
What are you going wear after this weekend
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2006, 12:09 PM   #5
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
I told my boyfriend to be a fireman like 3 years ago and he said he would and that never happened, yet somehow he convinces me to be a school girl like every year.
dump him
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2006, 02:34 PM   #6
gmcwv
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '06 330i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03
you only want the real deal? not a fake one? If you ever wore a real fireman suit, I think you will change your mind about wearing a real one.
Well I am only going to wear the bottom half... I would assume that they are very heavy. But yeah I would like to find the real deal, or if there was something that looked rather real that would work just as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2006, 04:47 PM   #7
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

lol, get a f1 fireproof suit...
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2006, 09:24 AM   #8
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBob
Crimson and Cream of course.
Not a fan of either one actually (go Gators but I like Stoops better that the other guy, so...go Sooners today
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2006, 01:10 PM   #9
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

I was a FF for 6 years. Our firehouse kept loads of spare gear in our basement, collecting dust. If I was still there and you lived near by I could hook you up.. It might be worth it to try a local FD around you to see if they have any old stuff they don't care about that they could lend you for a night. A headsup though - PPE is incredibly expensive, don't be surprised if they don't have extra lying around to let you borrow..

PS. I don't know where you're spending your Halloween, but if you're fully donning gear, prepare to sweat your balls off...

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2006, 01:13 PM   #10
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

More info after reading the above posts -

PPE has three layers, the thermal layer, vapor layer, and fireproof outer layer (from inside to outside). The thermal and vapor are usually one piece that snaps into the outer Nomex layer that is the suit as you know it, in both the bunker pants and jacket. It comes out so that the Nomex layer can be washed (more complicated than it sounds, and very important). If you removed these thicker layers and wore only the nomex, it would be a lot more comfortable, less weight for you.. And more importantly, you won't sweat to death..

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0