BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-20-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Phone+TV+Cable bills?

Hey guys,
recently I got so irritated by 2 bills from cablevision for internet and tv ($130) and verizon for phone ($120).

Now i'm thinking of consolidating those bills to one (under $100) and I could let go of the house phone line or tv or both.
But we would need some sort of plan for international calling plan, either through internet or whatever's out there.

Which carriers and plans do you guys have?

Here's our needs.

1. TV: No one watches cable tv unless there's big sports events, but we do watch satellite every night (separate bill though)
2. Phone: No one uses house phone but mom makes international phone calls time to time.
3. Internet: This is must.

There are just too many plans try to suck me in, and I need some advice.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 02:06 PM   #2
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstyle View Post
Hey guys,
recently I got so irritated by 2 bills from cablevision for internet and tv ($130) and verizon for phone ($120).

Now i'm thinking of consolidating those bills to one (under $100) and I could let go of the house phone line or tv or both.
But we would need some sort of plan for international calling plan, either through internet or whatever's out there.

We don't watch cable tv much, I mean maybe once or twice a year since we only watch satellite tv.

I pay 140 a month for cable/phone/and internet. My cable has 3 HD boxes (1 DVR), HBO, Starz, Cinemax. My phone is unlimited National. And, my internet is 22Meg down/3 Meg up. Time Warner Cable
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
GordonShumway
Alien
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 330i

Quote:
Hey guys,

Here's our needs.

1. TV: No one watches cable tv unless there's big sports events, but we do watch satellite every night (separate bill though)
2. Phone: No one uses house phone but mom makes international phone calls time to time.

My friend uses Skype to talk to his parents in South Korea. Costs him .02 a minute. Best deal out there.
      03-20-2009, 02:20 PM   #4
sinnet112
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E89 Z4

Garage List
Disable the cable TV and get satellite only plus local channels. Dish Network and DirecTV both have that option.

Disable the house phone and use phone cards to dial internationally if it's only every so often. Skype works too.

Keep your internet.

Z4 sdrive30i | Deep Sea Blue | Ivory White Nappa Extended Leather | ZSP
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 02:21 PM   #5
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Here's our needs.

I'm confused, you have cable and satellite? Why not just get rid of cable and have satellite or vice versa?

We just changed everything at my place. Canceled HD tv and a got just standard cable. Dropped the phone line and DSL and changed to cable modem.

Our bill went from ~$145 to ~$75, then split that between 2 people.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #6
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
I'm confused, you have cable and satellite? Why not just get rid of cable and have satellite or vice versa?

We just changed everything at my place. Canceled HD tv and a got just standard cable. Dropped the phone line and DSL and changed to cable modem.

Our bill went from ~$145 to ~$75, then split that between 2 people.
Oh our satellite is korean satellite, not one of those direct tv.
Appreciate 0