BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

01-10-2023, 04:44 PM   #221
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Lincoln needs to hit that transfer portal hard. That defense is terrible.

NFL ready...the last 20 years every QB out of OSU has done nothing in the NFL. Within a few years they are either a backup, wide receiver, or out of the league. When are these organizations going to figure out OSU system doesn't produce elite level NFL QBs?
Did I say he was going to be the next Tom Brady? I don't believe I did. Bryce Young and CJ are ready to play in the NFL. Clearly 1st rounders.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2023, 04:33 PM   #222
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
Did I say he was going to be the next Tom Brady? I don't believe I did. Bryce Young and CJ are ready to play in the NFL. Clearly 1st rounders.
Not just Tom Brady, they don't even become Dak Prescott. OSU QBs are trash in NFL. Can't wait to see another 1st round wasted on OSU QB.

Just look at list of drafted OSU QBs since 2000. A lot of hype behind many of them, but never amount to anything.

Craig Krenzel
Troy Smith
Terrelle Pryor
Cardele Jones
Dwayne Haskins
Justin Fields (currently worst NFL record, talks of trading Fields so Bears can draft Young)

OSU produces running backs, linemen, linebackers, wide receivers...their QBs never make it. It is a product of OSU system and they are surrounded by some of best talent in college football their entire career(playing in the Big10). They had an elite NFL-type QB, but he didn't fit in their system and let him leave for LSU.

Last edited by M3WC; 01-11-2023 at 11:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2023, 10:34 AM   #223
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Not just Tom Brady, they don't even become Dak Prescott. OSU QBs are trash in NFL. Can't wait to see another 1st round wasted on OSU QB.

Just look at list of drafted OSU QBs since 2000. A lot of hype behind many of them, but never amount to anything.

Craig Krenzel
Troy Smith
Terrelle Pryor
Cardele Jones
Dwayne Haskins
Justin Fields (currently worst NFL record, talks of trading Fields so Bears can draft Young)

OSU produces running backs, linemen, linebackers, wide receivers...their QBs never make it. It is a product of OSU system and they are surrounded by some of best talent in college football their entire career(playing in the Big10). They had an elite NFL-type QB, but he didn't fit in their system and let him leave for LSU.
This may be true for the past but the future is not written and all I am saying is these kids are ready to play at the NFL level. I don't know the nuances of OSU QB coaching in the past but QBs should thrive in Ryan Day's pro-style system with 5-star wide-outs whom fill the system and CJ has made accurate full use of them. I am not even an OSU or Alabama fan but CJ and Bryce has made me say wow repeatedly on their deep tosses throughout the years.
Appreciate 0