BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

01-28-2023, 04:25 PM   #1
Jbrown7403
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

BMW Fire Las Vegas 1/27/2023

Pretty intense car fire in Vegas on January 27, 2023 in front of The Venetian. Luckily got out safely with the help of brave bystanders and police.

Appreciate 6
NickyC17356.00
Patton2502936.50
V1L3430.50
DrFerry6722.50
M3 boi3211.00
      01-28-2023, 06:35 PM   #2
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
LEOs need fire training.
Appreciate 5
________4157.00
DrFerry6722.50
Vivek.1363.50
      01-28-2023, 06:46 PM   #3
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Pretty good intro with the engine pegged on the limiter and blowing pieces of the block all over the street. :O
Appreciate 2
________4157.00
DrFerry6722.50
      01-28-2023, 07:23 PM   #4
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
LEOs need fire training.
x9999999999999999999 That 2nd cop looked like he was out watering plants "meh, this thing will put it out no sweat.....oh sh****t!!!!!!!!!!!!!." Holy moly
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6722.50
Vivek.1363.50
      01-28-2023, 07:29 PM   #5
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Whoa, that was intense!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 06:48 AM   #6
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Ohhhh....C'Mon ! This wasn't a big accident ...The fire ? Yeah !

90 % chance the dude was too drunk/too high/too stoned to respond and to stand on his own legs !
I really hope they tested him with a alcohol and dope test .
If so ,Driver's License Suspension and let him pay the palm tree !

Hopefully I'm wrong ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6722.50
      01-29-2023, 06:50 AM   #7
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Strange the doors didn't unlock.
Appreciate 2
________4157.00
DrFerry6722.50
      01-29-2023, 10:21 AM   #8
StradaRedlands
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i MT

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.21]
2009 BMW 328i Touri ...  [7.90]
2013 BMW X5 35i  [7.63]
2011 BMW 528i  [8.75]
2006 Mazda3  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
x9999999999999999999 That 2nd cop looked like he was out watering plants "meh, this thing will put it out no sweat.....oh sh****t!!!!!!!!!!!!!." Holy moly
Protect the interior!!!
Appreciate 2
      01-29-2023, 10:30 AM   #9
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Strange the doors didn't unlock.
Maybe it doesn’t do it when you’re WOT?
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6722.50
      01-29-2023, 11:08 AM   #10
grannyknot
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4M coupe

Can't believe they didn't stop traffic, people driving by like nothings happening.
      01-29-2023, 11:49 AM   #11
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyknot View Post
Can't believe they didn't stop traffic, people driving by like nothings happening.
They do stop/divert traffic at the end.

I don’t believe you’re depicting it correctly.

What we see here is a person who started filming as soon as the crash happened.
We see the whole thing unfold, bystanders trying to break the window, police arriving (and trying to rescue the driver instead of blocking traffic, correctly), more police diverting traffic to the outer lanes and fire rescue.

What I can’t believe is that this ahole thought it was more important to record an unconscious person in a vehicle on fire than to go and help rescue him.

Sure the police asked others to step back as they weren’t doing much and were crowding the cop, but the filming started long before that.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 01:42 PM   #12
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
They do stop/divert traffic at the end.

I don’t believe you’re depicting it correctly.

What we see here is a person who started filming as soon as the crash happened.
We see the whole thing unfold, bystanders trying to break the window, police arriving (and trying to rescue the driver instead of blocking traffic, correctly), more police diverting traffic to the outer lanes and fire rescue.

What I can’t believe is that this ahole thought it was more important to record an unconscious person in a vehicle on fire than to go and help rescue him.

Sure the police asked others to step back as they weren’t doing much and were crowding the cop, but the filming started long before that.
Hmm, I dunno about that, he may be incompetent/not confident enough or just fearful or whatever reason, there's no good Samaritan law there in the US, I believe, it's totally w/i his right to not do anything, and you already mentioned that the cop brushed off all those other ppl. Not everyone can be John McClane. Better to do nothing if he's only gonna get in the way.

EDIT: ...AND, to be brutally frank (pls correct me if I got the evidence wrongly after all the facts come out but just going w what we have here), this guy caused it all to himself unless he hit an oil patch or the car went outta control by itself, how would your loved ones feel if you did 'the right thing' trying to extricate him from the car and it blew up on both you guys? I wouldn't mind potentially dying trying to save some innocent family who got T-boned, but this _____ dude? I dunno man.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?

Last edited by tranquility; 01-29-2023 at 01:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 02:25 PM   #13
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Hmm, I dunno about that, he may be incompetent/not confident enough or just fearful or whatever reason, there's no good Samaritan law there in the US, I believe, it's totally w/i his right to not do anything, and you already mentioned that the cop brushed off all those other ppl. Not everyone can be John McClane. Better to do nothing if he's only gonna get in the way.

EDIT: ...AND, to be brutally frank (pls correct me if I got the evidence wrongly after all the facts come out but just going w what we have here), this guy caused it all to himself unless he hit an oil patch or the car went outta control by itself, how would your loved ones feel if you did 'the right thing' trying to extricate him from the car and it blew up on both you guys? I wouldn't mind potentially dying trying to save some innocent family who got T-boned, but this _____ dude? I dunno man.
Wow, ok… I guess you made yourself very clear on where you stand.

Just to comment on a couple of things:

1- it’s not “Good Samaritan law”, it’s duty to rescue. They do have a Good Samaritan law and that helps the bystander.
2- you would yourself film a person burning to death for clout just because you thought they “did it to themselves”? That’s pretty sadistic.
3- cars don’t blow up.

No more needs said. I respect your views, though I strongly disagree with them.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 05:13 PM   #14
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Wow, ok… I guess you made yourself very clear on where you stand.

Just to comment on a couple of things:

1- it’s not “Good Samaritan law”, it’s duty to rescue. They do have a Good Samaritan law and that helps the bystander.
2- you would yourself film a person burning to death for clout just because you thought they “did it to themselves”? That’s pretty sadistic.
3- cars don’t blow up.

No more needs said. I respect your views, though I strongly disagree with them.
Well, I think it's foolish to think otherwise but you're entitled to your views too. It's doesn't matter what the exact terminology is, you know what I'm talking about: there's no onus to do anything in the US.

#2 is ridiculous, nobody is saying that, you don't know the video guy, like I said, it could be any of those reasons or others. This isn't as simple as putting a blanket over an small open flame, stop telling other ppl what they should or should not do, it's not fair, for all we know, the guy could be injured/physically incapable.

#3 wrong, they certainly can even if rare (e.g. Tesla is a fave whipping boy of anti-EVers, never mind that ICEs literally run on flammables, cmon...), but again, don't get into retentive labeling, the pt is that any rescuer could've been in dire trouble.

I think to be signaling that one is a saint and should fly in w/o any regard is just silly, esp if one looks at the cause. Just like that classic example of 2 srsly injured persons, should the dr operate on a policeman or a pedo-rapist? Again, what would your loved ones think, you wasted your life over some dbag ragging on his ride or an innocent family tboned? Tell me which is more worthy? To not take these into consideration is just refusing logic.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 05:33 PM   #15
Hit_Apex
Riding the knock sensor
Rep
Drives: 21 X5MC | 23 M4CSL

Garage List
2021 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Ohhhh....C'Mon ! This wasn't a big accident ...The fire ? Yeah !

90 % chance the dude was too drunk/too high/too stoned to respond and to stand on his own legs !
I really hope they tested him with a alcohol and dope test .
If so ,Driver's License Suspension and let him pay the palm tree !

Hopefully I'm wrong ...
You all have wild imaginations, ever consider a heart attack or some medical emergency? Because Vegas he is drunk and stoned? Why make up facts when you have no clue what happened.

Also, it's extremely rare for a car to blow up like in a movie. The flames posed a valid burn risk though.
      01-29-2023, 06:39 PM   #16
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Well, I think it's foolish to think otherwise but you're entitled to your views too. It's doesn't matter what the exact terminology is, you know what I'm talking about: there's no onus to do anything in the US.

#2 is ridiculous, nobody is saying that, you don't know the video guy, like I said, it could be any of those reasons or others. This isn't as simple as putting a blanket over an small open flame, stop telling other ppl what they should or should not do, it's not fair, for all we know, the guy could be injured/physically incapable.

#3 wrong, they certainly can even if rare (e.g. Tesla is a fave whipping boy of anti-EVers, never mind that ICEs literally run on flammables, cmon...), but again, don't get into retentive labeling, the pt is that any rescuer could've been in dire trouble.

I think to be signaling that one is a saint and should fly in w/o any regard is just silly, esp if one looks at the cause. Just like that classic example of 2 srsly injured persons, should the dr operate on a policeman or a pedo-rapist? Again, what would your loved ones think, you wasted your life over some dbag ragging on his ride or an innocent family tboned? Tell me which is more worthy? To not take these into consideration is just refusing logic.
Point is, what a sad life one must lead if they only do the right thing if required by law…

I’m not telling people what they should or shouldn’t do.
I’m saying it’s sadistic and sad that someone can film someone trapped in a car in flames.

3- I’m not wrong.

In regards to your doctor example, it’s silly in many counts but I’ll mention a few:

1- you’re assuming the person was imprudent. What if he fell ill and has an infant in the backseat? His foot was on the floor, which is what causes the engine to fail and spread fire on the grass. He was unconscious. By the accident or, more likely, before the accident (which maybe caused it, he’s on the strip, it’s impossible to race on the strip…)
2- you’re implying the person filming had to make a choice of not saving his life but save someone else’s life. Whose? There is not if/else here. It’s one case. Except “save this person or film it”.
3- you’ll be surprised to learn that a doctor will save the pedo-rapist and not the cop if his condition is slightly more critical. Doctors don’t think like you (thank goodness, imagine if lives weren’t saved based on character, you wouldn’t get that surgery you need because the doctor disagrees with your life choices). They even “can’t” think like you. It’s the oath they take.

I guess there was a lot you learned today.
1- no law needed to save someone, but a Good Samaritan law does exist.
2- cars don’t explode
3- never assume a cause of an accident
4- doctors take an oath to practice their calling

Call me if there’s more.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 07:07 PM   #17
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Point is, what a sad life one must lead if they only do the right thing if required by law…

I’m not telling people what they should or shouldn’t do.
I’m saying it’s sadistic and sad that someone can film someone trapped in a car in flames.

3- I’m not wrong.

In regards to your doctor example, it’s silly in many counts but I’ll mention a few:

1- you’re assuming the person was imprudent. What if he fell ill and has an infant in the backseat? His foot was on the floor, which is what causes the engine to fail and spread fire on the grass. He was unconscious. By the accident or, more likely, before the accident (which maybe caused it, he’s on the strip, it’s impossible to race on the strip…)
2- you’re implying the person filming had to make a choice of not saving his life but save someone else’s life. Whose? There is not if/else here. It’s one case. Except “save this person or film it”.
3- you’ll be surprised to learn that a doctor will save the pedo-rapist and not the cop if his condition is slightly more critical. Doctors don’t think like you (thank goodness, imagine if lives weren’t saved based on character, you wouldn’t get that surgery you need because the doctor disagrees with your life choices). They even “can’t” think like you. It’s the oath they take.

I guess there was a lot you learned today.
1- no law needed to save someone, but a Good Samaritan law does exist.
2- cars don’t explode
3- never assume a cause of an accident
4- doctors take an oath to practice their calling

Call me if there’s more.
I thought that you could debate like an adult but you're obviously getting emotional and hence your logic is failing, regrets for that.

What sad life, because I don't want to risk for someone who doesn't care about his? I think it's more sad to just react and not analyze the situation properly, potentially adding to the problem instead of the solution; e.g. you didn't even realize that he was filming before the fire started, never mind that there were ppl already there, yet you expected the video dude to just drop everything and cross into a busy road to be an extra. Again, we're just the peanut gallery here and going w only what we have, which is just as-is, I'd take it back if the facts show otherwise, but if you wanna wager, which is more likely, it being a pure accident or due to his actions?

Naw, you're making an assumption about the video guy but ironically giving the doubt benefit to the driver, so many ridiculous assumptions it's not even worth addressing...what if Jesus was in the backseat, or the President? Cmon man. There's nothing inherently 'sadistic' about filming, stop sensationalizing it, would it make you happier if the video guy turned out to be 80 years old? Pt is, you can't force someone if they aren't comfortable w it, period. Not sure why you think ppl should be compelled? You do you, stop 'meddling' into what others should do esp if it is potentially dangerous, or are you gonna foot that bill if something happened to the video guy? Didn't think so. You go be Superman if you were on the scene, but you're not, so you can only signal your would-be heroics here while denigrate the dude for whatever illogical reason.

You're trying to distort the dr example. OBVIOUSLY I'm talking about the 2 patients having the exact same condition, cmon.... At least argue properly. If I was the dr, I'd take the police all day, to say you'd help the pedo first is just ridiculous.

Again, wrong about cars not exploding. It may be rare but are you telling me in the whole history of vehicles not one exploded? You bet your life? You slipped up by making an absolute statement.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 07:16 PM   #18
________
________
Rep

Quote:
I thought that you could debate like an adult but you're obviously getting emotional and hence your logic is failing, regrets for that.

What sad life, because I don't want to risk for someone who doesn't care about his? I think it's more sad to just react and not analyze the situation properly, potentially adding to the problem instead of the solution; e.g. you didn't even realize that he was filming before the fire started, never mind that there were ppl already there, yet you expected the video dude to just drop everything and cross into a busy road to be an extra. Again, we're just the peanut gallery here and going w only what we have, which is just as-is, I'd take it back if the facts show otherwise, but if you wanna wager, which is more likely, it being a pure accident or due to his actions?

Naw, you're making an assumption about the video guy but ironically giving the doubt benefit to the driver, so many ridiculous assumptions it's not even worth addressing...what if Jesus was in the backseat, or the President? Cmon man. There's nothing inherently 'sadistic' about filming, stop sensationalizing it, would it make you happier if the video guy turned out to be 80 years old? Pt is, you can't force someone if they aren't comfortable w it, period. Not sure why you think ppl should be compelled? You do you, stop 'meddling' into what others should do esp if it is potentially dangerous, or are you gonna foot that bill if something happened to the video guy? Didn't think so. You go be Superman if you were on the scene, but you're not, so you can only signal your would-be heroics here while denigrate the dude for whatever illogical reason.

You're trying to distort the dr example. OBVIOUSLY I'm talking about the 2 patients having the exact same condition, cmon.... At least argue properly. If I was the dr, I'd take the police all day, to say you'd help the pedo first is just ridiculous.

Again, wrong about cars not exploding. It may be rare but are you telling me in the whole history of vehicles not one exploded? You bet your life? You slipped up by making an absolute statement.
Pay attention to the debate.

You argued with me because I gave my opinion about the person filming it. It is my opinion and won’t change.

You’re getting emotional trying to convince me my opinion is wrong. I have no dog in this fight, my opinion is what it is, yours is what yours is. What do you gain from trying to debate personal opinions?

Cheers
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2023, 07:26 PM   #19
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Pay attention to the debate.

You argued with me because I gave my opinion about the person filming it. It is my opinion and won’t change.

You’re getting emotional trying to convince me my opinion is wrong. I have no dog in this fight, my opinion is what it is, yours is what yours is. What do you gain from trying to debate personal opinions?

Cheers
I am paying attn. I didn't (want to) argue w you, I merely gave you my opinion (which you supposedly "respected" but then turned around and attacked lol...it's all good haha); I'm not trying to convince you to change your mind, I'm just telling you what I think/would or would not do...I thought that I was being logical and not crossing any lines.

My memory is poor but I think that I usually agree w what you post here, that's my recollection anyway. So, cheers to you too, I'd buy you a beer and we can shoot the breeze w that Bimmer carcass in the background haha.
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      01-29-2023, 07:31 PM   #20
________
________
Rep

Quote:
I am paying attn. I didn't (want to) argue w you, I merely gave you my opinion (which you supposedly "respected" but then turned around and attacked lol...it's all good haha); I'm not trying to convince you to change your mind, I'm just telling you what I think/would or would not do...I thought that I was being logical and not crossing any lines.

My memory is poor but I think that I usually agree w what you post here, that's my recollection anyway. So, cheers to you too, I'd buy you a beer and we can shoot the breeze w that Bimmer carcass in the background haha.
Yeah for sure I was just surprised you had this opinion based on the fact the respect and general agreement is mutual.

Cheers, sorry if I sounded argumentative. And for the sarcastic joke about you “learning” lol sometimes the humour will get the best of me.
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2023, 07:42 PM   #21
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Yeah for sure I was just surprised you had this opinion based on the fact the respect and general agreement is mutual.

Cheers, sorry if I sounded argumentative. And for the sarcastic joke about you “learning” lol sometimes the humour will get the best of me.
Oh, you know that I exist...and that you think (thought? haha) well of me? Cool haha.

It's all good, that's the cool thing about guys, we can even get into fist fights and be bros again over a beer, if we were something else, I may be plotting how to stab you in the back when the time is right lol.

Ya, that's my philosophy, I'm really curious how others feel. Unfortunately, I can't be a 'Jesus' and try to help everyone no matter what.
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      01-29-2023, 07:44 PM   #22
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Oh, you know that I exist...and that you think (thought? haha) well of me? Cool haha.

It's all good, that's the cool thing about guys, we can even get into fist fights and be bros again over a beer, if we were something else, I may be plotting how to stab you in the back when the time is right lol.

Ya, that's my philosophy, I'm really curious how others feel. Unfortunately, I can't be a 'Jesus' and try to help everyone no matter what.
Lol of course I know who you are and I have you in high regard.

Beer one day. have a great one
Appreciate 1