BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

04-05-2024, 05:13 PM   #1
chandler
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW 330i xDrive

Deep scratch, small dent repair shop options

Went to pull my car into the garage from a steep angle (I was blocked by another car in front the garage) and hit the passenger side bumper on the trim of the garage. Broke my heart since it's a brand new vehicle.

Would taking this to a certified BMW collision repair shop be the best option for fixing this or is any auto body shop nearby just as capable?

I got a quote from a nearby auto shop and they quoted ~$2k to repair and just want to know if I'm crazy for thinking that's high. If I'm paying that much, I think I'd rather get an estimate from the BMW certified collision center but maybe their number would be 2x that?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 05:32 PM   #2
PRINCE THUNDERNIGHT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i XDrive G42

Someone hit my rear bumper, drivers side, right by the sensor. Body shop told me (and insurance agreed) that it needs a new bumper/paint because they can’t fill/over paint so close to a sensor because the thickness needing to be extremely accurate to allow the sensor to function. Seems totally crazy to me, but there you go. I now owe $500 for the deductible. Outstanding.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 05:52 PM   #3
chandler
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCE THUNDERNIGHT View Post
Someone hit my rear bumper, drivers side, right by the sensor. Body shop told me (and insurance agreed) that it needs a new bumper/paint because they can’t fill/over paint so close to a sensor because the thickness needing to be extremely accurate to allow the sensor to function. Seems totally crazy to me, but there you go. I now owe $500 for the deductible. Outstanding.
Yikes, that's crazy, but I get it I guess. I was hoping to stay away from insurance if the repair was under/near the deductible - I still might if the repair is close to $1-2k because I assume they'll put a record on the carfax and it would affect resale value but I could be grossly wrong.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 07:09 AM   #4
MADBMWX5MC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

If you go thru your insurance, it's them, not the body shop who reports to CarFax. And get this, according to USAA (my insurance), they did not "report" directly to Carfax, but they reported the damage to some other system and that reported it Carfax. I would imagine same for other insurances....what was the damage? Hail from a storm we had back in Sep 2023.
Appreciate 1