BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Classic BMW (Pre-2005 Models)

04-20-2024, 12:39 PM   #1
ryoken
Rep
Drives: 2004 645 convertable

airbag module ,

hi, guys i hope i can get some help with this , my 04 645 decided she wanted to fill up with water at the rear footwells, ill try to make this brief, i couldn't for the life in me find out where it was coming in from , so i stripped the entire interior out the only thing in there was drivers seat , no carpet no door cards nothing. any whoooo, local indy told me to bring her down, so i did., then i had a blonde moment , and didn't secure the airbag module that lives on the tranny tunnel , and yes you guessed it , on turning right the module slipped, the car thought it was going upside down and blew the pyro cable on the battery , the drivers seat belt , and the rear crash hoops, scared the life out of me , cable and seat belt replaced, but no one her can repair the airbag module , as apparently they blow a crystal inside the unit , rendering it useless, i have bought a 2nd hand not fired module , can any one tell me if this module can be coded to MY car, or do i have to bite the bullet and spend 800£ for a new one from the dealers?
Appreciate 0