BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-02-2015, 04:21 PM   #89
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revartr
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
i said plenty of folks not fecurtis
I'm sure you're on the minority end there, bud. Depending on your geographic location, of course. Most people in this day and age could care less about something as petty and trivial as "Oh god, the person using this bathroom is transgender, what will I ever do with myself?!"
Yeh I think you're wrong. They just won't say it publicly due to society and pressure to accept it.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 04:22 PM   #90
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Is this the same friend you slept with?

I bet that was a shock...
Nooo, haha. The one I slept with I met in high school and have been long-time friends with. I met my transgender friend in college, and she's still enrolled there down in Miami (she was two years behind me). Funny story about that, though.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 04:24 PM   #91
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Yeh I think you're wrong. They just won't say it publicly due to society and pressure to accept it.
Think whatever you want, haha. Don't get me wrong, I can understand people being uncomfortable with that sort of thing. I just don't think it's as prevalent as you let on, at least not with younger generations and in this day and age. But I see your point! Different viewpoints!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 04:52 PM   #92
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
i don't see why so many of you care what he/she wants to do. doesn't and shouldn't alter your life in any way
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2015, 04:58 PM   #93
808@702
8th BMW, 520th Surfboard
Rep
Drives: My girlfriends crazy!

What is seen can not be unseen...
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 05:53 PM   #94
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Didn't give a shit about him don't give a shit about her. Lucky for him he's loaded, otherwise he would have to be contempt being a flat chested woman with a schlong.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 07:11 PM   #95
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

I see you uprated posts around the time of my question SugarSkulls, but avoided answering. Just in case you were wondering, it was directed at you.
      06-02-2015, 07:25 PM   #96
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeLow View Post
Fuck that
not for all the money in the world.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 07:30 PM   #97
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

So - I cannot relate in any way to the decision to undergo transition, because I am completely comfortable in my own skin. What I also keep hearing are words to describe this choice like 'Courage' and 'Strength' and 'Brave'...I'll just leave these here so the words are not confused with this subject:
Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 3
      06-02-2015, 08:16 PM   #98
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
I see you uprated posts around the time of my question SugarSkulls, but avoided answering. Just in case you were wondering, it was directed at you.
If you expect an answer from me, then quote me or tag me so you won't think I'm "avoiding" you.

Make your point relevant- because if you're about to say "a woman getting breast implants is the same as gender reassignment" than I won't further entertain your time.

We've already established as to what I was referring to when I used the quote of "playing God" in this specific thread. If you missed it- read the last exchange between the other gentleman and myself.
      06-02-2015, 08:21 PM   #99
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B
Quote:
Fuck that
Really? What about $100 million and no one would ever find out?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 08:24 PM   #100
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
EVERYBODY has a price for ANYTHING!
      06-02-2015, 08:26 PM   #101
Needbmwpartzz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B
Quote:
Fuck that
I think many may bend their morality for that one.....then feverishly repent soon after with their whoring-money.....especially if no one found out
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 08:28 PM   #102
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
EVERYBODY has a price for ANYTHING!
My dignity and body parts aren't for sale...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 2
      06-02-2015, 08:50 PM   #103
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls
Quote:
If you expect an answer from me, then quote me or tag me so you won't think I'm "avoiding" you.

Make your point relevant- because if you're about to say "a woman getting breast implants is the same as gender reassignment" than I won't further entertain your time.

We've already established as to what I was referring to when I used the quote of "playing God" in this specific thread. If you missed it- read the last exchange between the other gentleman and myself.
If "God" doesn't make mistakes, using modern medicine to help/treat people goes against what "God" naturally had planned for those individuals. It's the same, doesn't matter how you want to twist it.

You said earlier in the post "it's called being born with free will" .. So you want other members to respect your free will, and your beliefs, yet you talk down to another individual who is expressing their own free will, just because it goes against what you believe.

I think people should live their life exactly how they want and shouldn't give a fk about what anyone else thinks.
      06-02-2015, 08:55 PM   #104
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post

I can't be bothered to open up the full reply to tag you. Not worth my time. Also, you didn't avoid me, you avoided a question. I draw a distinction there. No personal need for your attention, no offense.

Onward:

Seems you don't understand the difference between gender and sex. Sorry for that. Here, let me help you. You cannot reassign gender. That is psychologically defined and can not be changed. Similar to the sexual preference gradient in a way. Sex is anatomical, primary and secondary characteristics with which we are born or develop through adolescence.

So that said:

How is a woman getting breast implants any different? She is cosmetically altering her body. If surgically converting your sex characteristics from male to female or vice versa is "playing god" then how is altering those same characteristics to be other than that which you were genetically coded for somehow kosher? You aren't allowed to cherry pick. Either you can physically alter for physical identity or you cant. This makes me feel that your stance is in fact religiously motivated, despite your assertions that you are not.

Finally, to clarify, non-essential breast augmentation would be WORSE than sex reassignment if you were to actually feel that way from an ethical standpoint. At least undergoing hormone therapy and operations to change physical characteristics from one sex to another is grounded in GID, rather than wanton desire or consumerism.

06-02-2015, 09:08 PM   #105
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post

I can't be bothered to open up the full reply to tag you. Not worth my time. Also, you didn't avoid me, you avoided a question. I draw a distinction there. No personal need for your attention, no offense.

Onward:

Seems you don't understand the difference between gender and sex. Sorry for that. Here, let me help you. You cannot reassign gender. That is psychologically defined and can not be changed. Similar to the sexual preference gradient in a way. Sex is anatomical, primary and secondary characteristics with which we are born or develop through adolescence.

So that said:

How is a woman getting breast implants any different? She is cosmetically altering her body. If surgically converting your sex characteristics from male to female or vice versa is "playing god" then how is altering those same characteristics to be other than that which you were genetically coded for somehow kosher? You aren't allowed to cherry pick. Either you can physically alter for physical identity or you cant. This makes me feel that your stance is in fact religiously motivated, despite your assertions that you are not.

Finally, to clarify, non-essential breast augmentation would be WORSE than sex reassignment if you were to actually feel that way from an ethical standpoint. At least undergoing hormone therapy and operations to change physical characteristics from one sex to another is grounded in GID, rather than wanton desire or consumerism.

Well if there's no need for my personal attention why bother wasting all that time when you seem to be the one confused with the medical term of what Bruce Jenner is actually doing?

He's not having sex reassignment. He's having gender reassignment. You aren't taking the time actually look the procedure up. I'm not the one calling it "gender reassignment". That's the medical procedure being taken.

Look it up. Or here I'll help you.

And I never said my assertions weren't from a religious stand point? Where did I ever state that? I'm a proud catholic and while I don't agree with some of their practices- most I do.

Whether or not I agree with this, is beyond me. It's my duty as an imperfect human being to treat others with the upmost respect no matter how much I disagree with their decisions as I'm sure others disagree with mine

But just because those of you who don't have a spiritual guidance in your life feel I'm wrong because of a faith I have- doesn't make you anymore right. Your argument is "I don't believe what I can't see".

If that's the case- then what does that mean in regards to Bruce Jenner? He "felt" he was a woman. But there's no proof of that now is there? So...it's all made up just like my faith in God, right?
Attached Images

06-02-2015, 09:25 PM   #106
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT
Quote:
Quote:

If "God" doesn't make mistakes, using modern medicine to help/treat people goes against what "God" naturally had planned for those individuals. It's the same, doesn't matter how you want to twist it.

You said earlier in the post "it's called being born with free will" .. So you want other members to respect your free will, and your beliefs, yet you talk down to another individual who is expressing their own free will, just because it goes against what you believe.

I think people should live their life exactly how they want and shouldn't give a fk about what anyone else thinks.
Where in the world did I talk down to anyone??? Where did I ever talk down to or bash someone because they believed this is ok? It's pretty much established that based off my religious beliefs, I don't agree with it- and those who don't relate to God in their daily life are perfectly fine with it.

Just because I think it's wrong DOES NOT make him a bad person. But I don't have to agree, support or applaud this act of "courage" when he should be sitting behind bars for killing an innocent woman.
      06-02-2015, 09:35 PM   #107
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Where in the world did I talk down to anyone??? Where did I ever talk down to or bash someone because they believed this is ok? It's pretty much established that based off my religious beliefs, I don't agree with it- and those who don't relate to God in their daily life are perfectly fine with it.

Just because I think it's wrong DOES NOT make him a bad person. But I don't have to agree, support or applaud this act of "courage" when he should be sitting behind bars for killing an innocent woman.
The person I was referring to is Bruce/Caitlyn, not someone in the thread.
      06-02-2015, 09:39 PM   #108
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And again, just because I think it's wrong- doesn't make him a bad or evil person for doing what he feels like is right to his body. I'm not condemning him to hell, that's not for me to say.

I simply can't support someone who's being praised for courage when they are in fact a (recent) killer.
      06-02-2015, 09:43 PM   #109
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And again, just because I think it's wrong- doesn't make him a bad or evil person for doing what he feels like is right to his body. I'm not condemning him to hell, that's not for me to say.

I simply can't support someone who's being praised for courage when they are in fact a murderer.
He/she did not murder someone. Murdering someone is done with intent. What he did was an accident and most people don't end up in jail for causing a car accident.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 09:44 PM   #110
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I simply can't support someone who's being praised for courage when they are in fact a murderer.
He/she did not murder someone. Murdering someone is done with intent. What he did was an accident and most people don't end up in jail for causing a car accident.
Oh really? So no ones done time for vehicular manslaughter? It's not a crime? He didn't just "cause a car accident". An innocent woman was KILLED due to his ineptitude.

Want to know why he's not? Because he's a celebrity. That's why. That's the ONLY reason why.

Tell that to an acquaintance of mine who served a year for it.