BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-02-2015, 12:48 PM   #67
grieverr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
...but I highly doubt he became a woman because he found it a good opportunity to get money and attention.
I agree completely. I do not think this is fake in any way. Again, I just voiced my opinion on how I feel she's handling it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revartr View Post

If she decided to be super secretive about it, paparazi would've found out anyways and blown it up regardless.
I do think there was a better way. Celebrities always go into hiding (temporarily) when doing something like plastic surgery, for example. They don't want to be seen during recovery. No one says they're ashamed of the boob job or face lift for doing so.

I may be making too much of this. I truly do not care about Bruce/Caitlyn's actions other than I feel like it's somehow making light of something other people are probably committing suicide over. Again, it could just be my perception of it.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 12:59 PM   #68
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by grieverr View Post
I do think there was a better way. Celebrities always go into hiding (temporarily) when doing something like plastic surgery, for example. They don't want to be seen during recovery. No one says they're ashamed of the boob job or face lift for doing so.

I may be making too much of this. I truly do not care about Bruce/Caitlyn's actions other than I feel like it's somehow making light of something other people are probably committing suicide over. Again, it could just be my perception of it.
I can definitely understand what you mean, and I'm sort of torn on it, as well. That's just the optimistic side of me, hoping that the way it was publicized so heavily was for the right reasons, haha.
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2015, 01:39 PM   #69
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette
These ideas were not put in his head. Just like when you were born and you knew you were a boy, he thought he was a girl. Yes the family is a circus show and he could run away and do this in private, but this is not something made up.
Sugarskulls, I'm actually shocked I have to explain this to you!
Why because I have my own set of beliefs? Or because I work in the industry you automatically assumed I'd jump on the band wagon that changing your natural God given birth is ok?

It's not ok. Not to me- and I shouldn't be condemned for not agreeing with it. I'm not saying he's an evil person, for all I know- he could be a very nice individual, but based off my beliefs, playing God is something I can not and will not support. Ever.
True, you have the right to believe what you want. Fair enough. So "god" doesn't make mistakes? Please tell me why child molesters exist in the world or why thousands of people are killed innocently in natural disasters? For the record, I don't believe in God, obviously. So yeah, you're right, we all have our own beliefs.
It's called being born with free will.

Stick to your beliefs- I will to mine.
Free will, huh.. Oh the irony.
      06-02-2015, 02:15 PM   #70
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revartr
For all of those saying that this "goes against God" and that she somehow chose this, you have to realize and understand that not everybody believes in any sort of "god", just science and genetics. Not only that, but this is not something that she "chose". You can't just choose how you really feel inside, and she most likely really does feel that she was born in the wrong body, in the wrong form. It's like feeling like you were born with a deformity. If you were born with a deformity, wouldn't you do anything you could to change that and live your life as you feel any normal person should? Not constantly conflicted and feeling like you're trapped?

It's a very difficult concept to explain and something that I'm still not able to completely comprehend. But I at least have an understanding of it, which is partly thanks to a very good friend of mine who transitioned in her early teens. I didn't know her beforehand and only met her in college, but whenever I found out, she explained it to me as best she could. It's an incredibly difficult thing to go through, and it really does take a lot of guts and determination to go through something like that. And I fully support anybody who is willing to go through so much so that they can be who they feel they truly were supposed to be.
I think it's hard for people to understand unless you know someone who has gone through it. I know of one male who became female, one female who is transitioning and one male who won't transition probably due to his religious parents. And I don't even hang out in a LGBT community. I'll bet many of you know people fighting this demon inside but they aren't telling you. In the next generations, we will all know someone, like how we now all know gay people now.
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2015, 02:25 PM   #71
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
I think it's hard for people to understand unless you know someone who has gone through it. I know of one male who became female, one female who is transitioning and one male who won't transition probably due to his religious parents. And I don't even hang out in a LGBT community. I'll bet many of you know people fighting this demon inside but they aren't telling you. In the next generations, we will all know someone, like how we now all know gay people now.
I don't know any gay person.
      06-02-2015, 02:26 PM   #72
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss
Quote:
I don't know not 1 gay person.
Really? Wow, weird.
Actually there are at least a couple on this OT forum, so there you go.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 02:40 PM   #73
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
I don't know any gay person.
THEY DON'T EXIST!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 02:42 PM   #74
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Im not religious nor am I for these "transformations". How does the social aspect of this work? Just because Bruce thinks hes a woman inside can he now go into the womans locker room and restroom in public areas? How is that fair to woman who dont support this? Is he legally a woman in the eyes of the US?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 02:45 PM   #75
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

why is this on bpost?!
      06-02-2015, 02:47 PM   #76
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal TW View Post
why is this on bpost?!
Because it's off topic?
Appreciate 2
      06-02-2015, 03:05 PM   #77
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Im not religious nor am I for these "transformations". How does the social aspect of this work? Just because Bruce thinks hes a woman inside can he now go into the womans locker room and restroom in public areas? How is that fair to woman who dont support this? Is he legally a woman in the eyes of the US?
That's what i've been saying. Which bathroom does he/she use? Will Women not feel awkward or offended if he/she walks into the bathroom?

My Philosophy in life is to do WHAT THE FUCK ever you want. There are no rules or fears, just do whatever you want. The only rule is that you SHALL NOT physically hurt, abuse, harass or kill anyone.

Now with that being said, we still have to respect Society and human nature and our social lives.
      06-02-2015, 03:18 PM   #78
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
I literally couldn't care less about this he/she.

Well, I guess I care enough to make a post about not caring. But that's it.
      06-02-2015, 03:48 PM   #79
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Is he legally a woman in the eyes of the US?
*she

And yes, legally-speaking. I'm not sure what kind of paperwork needs to be done, but my friend that I mentioned earlier is completely and legally female, and all identification information states as such.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 03:49 PM   #80
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
*she

And yes, legally-speaking. I'm not sure what kind of paperwork needs to be done, but my friend that I mentioned earlier is completely and legally female, and all identification information states as such.
You can call him a she all you want but I never will. To me its even more disturbing if he can legally get ID as a woman.
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2015, 03:52 PM   #81
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
*she

It's not official until s/he starts earning $0.75 on the dollar.
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2015, 03:53 PM   #82
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How does the social aspect of this work? Just because Bruce thinks hes a woman inside can he now go into the womans locker room and restroom in public areas? How is that fair to woman who dont support this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
That's what i've been saying. Which bathroom does he/she use? Will Women not feel awkward or offended if he/she walks into the bathroom?
I can't speak for Caitlyn Jenner, but I know that as for my friend, she uses female locker rooms and bathrooms without incident. But then again, you literally cannot tell that she was not born a natural female, since she started transitioning at such an early age. I would've never been able to guess, had she not told me, and if somebody else had said something to me about it, I wouldn't have believed them.

As for Cailtyn, I wouldn't imagine her running into many issues, as I'm sure there are plenty of transgender men and women that use their "new" gender's assigned restrooms without issue.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 03:57 PM   #83
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I can't speak for Caitlyn Jenner, but I know that as for my friend, she uses female locker rooms and bathrooms without incident. But then again, you literally cannot tell that she was not born a natural female, since she started transitioning at such an early age. I would've never been able to guess, had she not told me, and if somebody else had said something to me about it, I wouldn't have believed them.

As for Cailtyn, I wouldn't imagine her running into many issues, as I'm sure there are plenty of transgender men and women that use their "new" gender's assigned restrooms without issue.
The issue im speaking of isnt on his end. Imo hes (or whatever tranny) invading others privacy and comfort inside of those locations. Wether they know it or not. If they found out Im sure plenty of people wouldnt be happy.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 03:59 PM   #84
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The issue im speaking of isnt on his end. Imo hes (or whatever tranny) invading others privacy and comfort inside of those locations. Wether they Know it or not. If they found out Im sure plenty of people wouldnt be happy.
I wouldn't give a shit unless they were acting like a complete weirdo. Besides, no one is going to find out in 99.9% of cases...unless they too want to be on the cover of Vanity Fair.
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2015, 04:00 PM   #85
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The issue im speaking of isnt on his end. Imo hes (or whatever tranny) invading others privacy and comfort inside of those locations. Wether they know it or not. If they found out Im sure plenty of people wouldnt be happy.
I'm sure plenty of people honestly wouldn't give a shit in this day and age.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 04:01 PM   #86
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
I wouldn't give a shit unless they were acting like a complete weirdo. Besides, no one is going to find out in 99.9% of cases...unless they too want to be on the cover of Vanity Fair.
i said plenty of folks not fecurtis
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 04:04 PM   #87
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i said plenty of folks not fecurtis
I'm sure you're on the minority end there, bud. Depending on your geographic location, of course. Most people in this day and age could care less about something as petty and trivial as "Oh god, the person using this bathroom is transgender, what will I ever do with myself?!"
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 04:05 PM   #88
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:

Is this the same friend you slept with?

I bet that was a shock...