BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-02-2015, 09:19 AM   #23
grieverr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Just wasn't sure if I was the only one who noticed that too
Nah man. Clear as day.
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2015, 11:30 AM   #24
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

The biker kept looking behind him. I agree that he was likely break-checking him or something. If he felt threatened, their is a completely clean lane to the right to pull into. The BMW driver certainly has to pay for leaving the scene but the biker is by no means innocent here. Hopefully they both learn a lesson about respect on the road.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 12:05 PM   #25
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Irritating douchebagary isn't illegal. Someone can drive slow as fuck in front of you on a two lane road and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. Someone can roll up to you at a light a cuss you up and down while slinging all kinds of insults about your inability to drive, get a decent wife, have a decent mom or have kids who aren't going to be retards.

What the BMW driver did was twice as bad because he had a choice of reactions. He could have realized he was a dick wad for texting and driving slower than normal traffic and put the phone down. He could have told the guy to fuck off and mind his own business. Instead, he decided that no one, including the law, is going to tell him how to drive, or at what speed to drive, or in what lane to drive. He passed on a double yellow line, into oncoming traffic, caused and collision with a motorcycle, and fled the scene of the collision. This was no accident. The BMW drivers deliberate and negligent actions caused this collision. He had plenty of opportunity to ignore a jackass on a motorbike but chose not to.

I must admit that with this day and age of people not taking responsibility for their actions, i'm not entirely surprised by how many people think he deserved this or that he was asking for it.

I personally think that if you can't keep your emotions in check while on the road, you're not fit to drive a car. Furthermore, i don't want you sharing the road with the rest of us who don't let our emotions take the wheel.
      06-02-2015, 12:13 PM   #26
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Irritating douchebagary isn't illegal. Someone can drive slow as fuck in front of you on a two lane road and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. Someone can roll up to you at a light a cuss you up and down while slinging all kinds of insults about your inability to drive, get a decent wife, have a decent mom or have kids who aren't going to be retards.

What the BMW driver did was twice as bad because he had a choice of reactions. He could have realized he was a dick wad for texting and driving slower than normal traffic and put the phone down. He could have told the guy to fuck off and mind his own business. Instead, he decided that no one, including the law, is going to tell him how to drive, or at what speed to drive, or in what lane to drive. He passed on a double yellow line, into oncoming traffic, caused and collision with a motorcycle, and fled the scene of the collision. This was no accident. The BMW drivers deliberate and negligent actions caused this collision. He had plenty of opportunity to ignore a jackass on a motorbike but chose not to.

I must admit that with this day and age of people not taking responsibility for their actions, i'm not entirely surprised by how many people think he deserved this or that he was asking for it.

I personally think that if you can't keep your emotions in check while on the road, you're not fit to drive a car. Furthermore, i don't want you sharing the road with the rest of us who don't let our emotions take the wheel.
To be fair, driving very slowly when weather conditions don't warrant it IS illegal.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 12:16 PM   #27
Needbmwpartzz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis
Quote:

To be fair, driving very slowly when weather conditions don't warrant it IS illegal.
Not too often people will be cited for going too slow...unless your just idling in the middle of the freeway......but I get your point lol!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 12:19 PM   #28
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:

I agree completely with this.
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2015, 12:24 PM   #29
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Situations like this are the reason I have DVRs in both my vehicles.
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2015, 12:43 PM   #30
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

As someone who has ridden a bike for many years and lives in Cali, I find both sides extremely irritating and both at fault.
First off WTF rider why even get into that with him, if he's so pissed off at him you have a video call a cop and have him cited, secondly WTF you brake check people in traffic you should expect to get hit with that behavior.
To the driver what possessed you to even try and pass him, slow down stay away and to leave the scene of an accident is a crime and could be deemed a felony if something serious happened. He should have stopped and disputed the riders allegation he was not using his phone hands free(I did not see anything on the video that showed him texting).
Anyhow both are idiots and stupid is as stupid does. BTW non hands free use of a cellular device in a vehicle is illegal in Cali but honestly I see it 10 times a day and I only drive 21 miles round trip to work. So to me it's not enforced much.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 12:46 PM   #31
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

I kinda like the bad reputation, don't fuck with BMW drivers, they're real desperados.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 12:50 PM   #32
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
So is speeding, what's your point? You still can't do jack shit (which was my point) about it. Should people be ramming into vehicles when those vehicles are exceeding the speed limit?
      06-02-2015, 12:51 PM   #33
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
So is speeding, what's your point? You still can't do jack shit (which was my point) about it. Should people be ramming into people when they are speeding?
No the first part of your statement said that irritating douchebaggery isn't illegal, then listed off something that's actually illegal (driving slow).
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 12:56 PM   #34
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
No the first part of your statement said that irritating douchebaggery isn't illegal, then listed off something that's actually illegal (driving slow).
My point was, no matter what another human being is doing, illegal or other wise, other people, in most cases and in almost all traffic cases, don't have the authority to do anything about it. The only options someone has are those that fall within the traffic law. So pass safely when it's legal to do so, sit back and enjoy the other human popping his top over nothing or pull over for coffee. (preferably decaf)
      06-02-2015, 12:58 PM   #35
grieverr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32

Quote:
I don't think the biker deserved what happened. However, I'm going to type something I haven't seen in a while: play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I was raised to think of the consequences of things I did and said before I did or say them. And though the biker didn't deserve to be hit and run'ed (that's a technical term ), He should have expected some reaction from a stranger whom he told to "get the fuck off the phone".
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 01:19 PM   #36
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
This biker had his camera ready to go. While he certainly didn't deserve to be hit, I can't help but think he was out looking for trouble. I think the best thing you can do when seeing someone doing something illegal/reckless is get the tag and call the police, then avoid that person entirely. The police may not do anything about it, but maybe they will.
      06-02-2015, 01:31 PM   #37
Needbmwpartzz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1.47fan
I kinda like the bad reputation, don't fuck with BMW drivers, they're real desperados.
Haha....armed with real steel and easy to blow gaskets..steer clear folks the bimmer boys want through!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 02:47 PM   #38
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
I have a problem with texting and driving, but I don't see anything wrong with at a stop light, plus I got falsely accused of texting/driving (and even pissed off a few forum members by stretching the truth and trolling a bit ... ), but fought the ticket by using the Merriam-Webster's dictionary of driving, so texting at a stop light isn't illegal in California, "4.B. to operate the mechanism and controls and direct the course of (as a vehicle)" is, plus just about anything you do short of releasing the brakes or putting the car in motion won't affect anybody... What is a car in good repair going to do, decide to turn autonomous and strike a pedestrian just because the car felt like being a troll/jackass? The biker brought the heat on to himself, but how the E93 driver reacted was indeed unreasonable...

...That is, if he actually didn't brake-check or try to further instigate the other dude; I've fallen off a motorcycle 5 years ago and my upper left shoulder region still gives me problems to this day, so I don't see how trolling a "cager" with 4 wheels solidly on the pavement helps anything, when you're balancing a 2-wheeled machine that can tip over on just about anything. On one hand, I'm sorry that it happened, but if you're spinning the story to make BMWs look bad or fishing for sympathy at the expense of your own well-being while riding like a jackass to incite an accident, then that's on you. I mean, disregard my entire post if he was genuinely riding perfect and the E93 decided to instigate something out of the clear blue sky, but his riding pattern doesn't seem like it at all.
::THE MACHETE::

Last edited by NEFARIOUS; 06-03-2015 at 11:15 PM.. Reason: Added details about CA texting/driving laws
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 08:20 PM   #39
Low Gravity
Private
Rep
Drives: 435i, 135i, s52 325is

This guy doesn't help motorcycle drivers and their reps as d-bags
      06-03-2015, 09:10 PM   #40
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

If you play stupid game, you win stupid prize.

"Put the the f-n phone" to a guy who's vehicle was not even moving? (Don't know CA txt law.) If it was illegal while not moving, motorcycle guy should not cuss.
Motorcycle idiot could say nicely to a guy who might be moving.

My advice to motorcyclist. - stop being text vigilente using f word. It can get uglier that what you just just went through.
BMW owner on the video- stop road raging.
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2015, 02:10 AM   #41
ritzzzzzwik
Captain
Rep
Drives: SO M4 MT

The biker is a precious little prick, but the BMW driver went full retard!...and you never go full retard. As far as the title of the thread goes- surely doesnt help a BMW owners rep, but I am glad more of these are moving over to Audis :P
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 11:02 AM   #42
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep

Life is strange.
One moment you're almighty on your high iron horse cursing a motorist for texting at a light, punishing him by brake checking him for his crime of texting.

Next moment you're on the Assphalt begging for help.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 11:15 AM   #43
Bmw_Crazy
First Lieutenant
Mozambique
Rep
Drives: Man

Read the driver was swerving left and right before he got to the light that's why the motorcycle driver said something. Who cares what he drives he's an a hole there is no reason to target somebody like that. I wonder what you would think if it was somebody in your family
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 11:20 AM   #44
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw_Crazy View Post
Read the driver was swerving left and right before he got to the light that's why the motorcycle driver said something. Who cares what he drives he's an a hole there is no reason to target somebody like that. I wonder what you would think if it was somebody in your family
He didn't mention anything about swerving left and right when he was cursing at BMW driver. And somehow he didn't catch that part on his gopro.
Appreciate 0