BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-26-2015, 10:32 PM   #45
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFL View Post
That's when guys like me roll into town and start automating people out of jobs.

$6/hr, not worth automating. $40,000/yr after benefits etc, people will be replaced with iPads/iPhones.
cool
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 10:04 AM   #46
miiipilot
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 Brooklyn Grey 6mt

Quote:
That's when guys like me roll into town and start automating people out of jobs.

$6/hr, not worth automating. $40,000/yr after benefits etc, people will be replaced with iPads/iPhones.
I was in Chili's the other day and I had to place some of my order on a tablet at the end of the table. The Applebee's around me is going to the same thing.

"Be careful what you wish for...you just might get it."
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 10:15 AM   #47
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miiipilot View Post
I was in Chili's the other day and I had to place some of my order on a tablet at the end of the table. The Applebee's around me is going to the same thing.

I mean, all the servers really do anymore is bring the food from the kitchen. That means the 15-20% tip should now only be about 5-10%.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 12:06 PM   #48
SunnyD
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:

Already happening at some fast food chains:

'98 ///M3 | 5MT - Gone
'07 ///M Coupe | 6MT - Gone
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 12:08 PM   #49
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
The tablets, computers, machines, etc... will all become self aware.....
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 07:21 PM   #50
EyeGuy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi coupe, 17 nx200t, 23

Skynet
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 08:26 PM   #51
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Yup happening at Jack in the box, and Applebees.
I went to Applebees during OSU vs O game, and it was all tablet order.

I think saving the labor cost off of kisok order will not benefit a lot in the long run. THey need to dust that thing off, reboot every week, IT check every quarter ,etc.

Speaking of tips... call me cheap , but I like Noodle's and Company. NO TIPS! THEY WILL DENY TIPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miiipilot View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
I mean, all the servers really do anymore is bring the food from the kitchen. That means the 15-20% tip should now only be about 5-10%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
Already happening at some fast food chains:

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
      05-28-2015, 01:06 AM   #52
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

You guys are somehow missing the MUCH bigger picture of getting all these MILLIONS of folks off of Welfare which WE ARE PAYING FOR ANYWAY!!! At the $30k+ wages, they are now non-eligible for welfare people!!! Of course depending on family size. But the benefits they receive are reduced or eliminated which helps ALL Tax Payers out! Not to mention, it will motivate that lazy fuk laid up smoking pot and playing xbox to get out and contribute.
      05-28-2015, 01:59 AM   #53
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

I reckon the $15 an hour with hurt many small business owners. Corporates will be able to afford this and write it off one way or another but small business owners will suffer from this. The majority of the part time and full time employees will benefit from this though. I expect cheeseburger costs to climb quite a bit over at In-N-Out when minimum wage hits $15 an hour. Your burger will no longer be as cheap as it is today.

The government supports this bill because when businesses increase their prices from $10 to $15 on items that they sell it will allow the government to collect taxes on $10 instead of $15 so for them it is a win win situation.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 07:17 AM   #54
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
Speaking of tips... call me cheap , but I like Noodle's and Company. NO TIPS! THEY WILL DENY TIPS!
Pasta Fresca with grilled chicken ALL DAY LONG. I usually cut my roll open, shove all the chicken in there with some pasta, and it's like a delicious little carbo-loaded sammich.

Sadly haven't had it since I lived in Michigan.
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2015, 08:11 PM   #55
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Quote:
Pasta Fresca with grilled chicken ALL DAY LONG. I usually cut my roll open, shove all the chicken in there with some pasta, and it's like a delicious little carbo-loaded sammich.

I would rather have a Carolina BBQ.
      05-28-2015, 08:33 PM   #56
E90-F30
Allen
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 AUDI S4 6MT

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE
You guys are somehow missing the MUCH bigger picture of getting all these MILLIONS of folks off of Welfare which WE ARE PAYING FOR ANYWAY!!! At the $30k+ wages, they are now non-eligible for welfare people!!! Of course depending on family size. But the benefits they receive are reduced or eliminated which helps ALL Tax Payers out! Not to mention, it will motivate that lazy fuk laid up smoking pot and playing xbox to get out and contribute.
As much as I would like to believe the "lazy f***s" would find a reason to get a job because it's bringing in $31K/yr I know it wouldn't do shit.

Why go out and have a real job for 8 hours a day to make $31K when you can sit at home, get food stamps, and other welfare while selling drugs on the side and not pay taxes?

The welfare situation our government has put us in makes some people not want to work because they're already being better taken care of then the people now making $31K/year busting their ass because they have to much pride to take help.

There used to be a time when people weren't proud of being on welfare.
      05-29-2015, 08:30 AM   #57
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
For starters, this $15/hr minimum wage thing only applies to LA, don't hold your breath on it being a national thing in the foreseeable future.

Plus whatever savings you would see could potentially be offset by the fact that many companies will find ways to hire less people who'd be paid minimum wage.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 08:38 AM   #58
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
For starters, this $15/hr minimum wage thing only applies to LA, don't hold your breath on it being a national thing in the foreseeable future.

Plus whatever savings you would see could potentially be offset by the fact that many companies will find ways to hire less people who'd be paid minimum wage.
They do that now.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 10:01 AM   #59
Bols
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F36 AW 6MT

Where can we invest in burger flipping robots?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 11:13 AM   #60
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
They do that now.
Yes, so increasing the price floor a considerable amount would make the problem slightly worse for low income workers, since they're so easily replaceable.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 11:42 AM   #61
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Yes, so increasing the price floor a considerable amount would make the problem slightly worse for low income workers, since they're so easily replaceable.
What? No.

You think these businesses are keeping people employed by the goodness of their hearts?

I have to wonder why so many people are just willfully ignorant. I don't want a 15/hr minimum wage, nor do I think the pressure it would put on small businesses would be fair - but the minimum wage NEEDS to go up. There is no reason someone who is WORKING for a living should be living in poverty.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 11:49 AM   #62
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
And start asking for $15/hour.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 11:50 AM   #63
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:

The Pasta Fresca is my favorite too. Unfortunately, they have changed it to the "Whole Grain Tuscan Fresca" using linguine instead.
      05-29-2015, 12:06 PM   #64
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
The Pasta Fresca is my favorite too. Unfortunately, they have changed it to the "Whole Grain Tuscan Fresca" using linguine instead.
Shows how long I've been out of the game. Definitely doesn't sound as appealing as when they used penne pasta.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 12:14 PM   #65
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Lightbulb

Quote:

I prefer to be a "glass half full" type of guy. Plus, I am VERY pro minimum wage increase. So your or any pessimism falls on deaf ears.

My upbringing and general character does not allow me to NOT want and hope for the best for fellow human beings out there that for whatever plethora of reasons are not earning a "comfortable living" like I or the tens of millions of others across this planet.
      05-29-2015, 12:17 PM   #66
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
What? No.

You think these businesses are keeping people employed by the goodness of their hearts?

I have to wonder why so many people are just willfully ignorant. I don't want a 15/hr minimum wage, nor do I think the pressure it would put on small businesses would be fair - but the minimum wage NEEDS to go up. There is no reason someone who is WORKING for a living should be living in poverty.
THIS.

I honestly have to question the "integrity and character" of ANY person who does not wish to see his fellow man or woman live as comfortable a life as possible through work and effort.