BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-08-2015, 12:36 PM   #23
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Man, if I had known you were going to type this all up I would never have wasted all that time typing virtually the same thing...
Was just thinking that.

GMTA

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 01:18 PM   #24
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Awful, just awful.
Appreciate 1
      04-08-2015, 01:45 PM   #25
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
I really don't think this one will turn into a flame fest, as there's really nothing showing this cop was justified at all.

I just hope more happens to him than paid time off followed by his forced resignation, or else shit will definitely go down...
      04-08-2015, 02:21 PM   #26
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

I want you all to think of how many other people the pigs have killed that weren't captured on video.

I have said it over 200 billion times. An overwhelming majority of Police are mentally deranged humans. Their childhood life sucked so bad that they just decide to join the Police force.
      04-08-2015, 02:30 PM   #27
Dalko43
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
I want you all to think of how many other people the pigs have killed that weren't captured on video.

I have said it over 200 billion times. An overwhelming majority of Police are mentally deranged humans. Their childhood life sucked so bad that they just decide to join the Police force.
And the crazy train has finally arrived...please have your tickets out if you want to board.

The shooting should not have happened.

Most Cops in the US are not like this.

Our police force by and large, is much more professional than the police forces in the majority of other countries.
      04-08-2015, 02:37 PM   #28
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
An overwhelming majority of Police are mentally deranged humans. Their childhood life sucked so bad that they just decide to join the Police force.
This is flat out prejudice.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 1
      04-08-2015, 02:39 PM   #29
monkeybingo
First Lieutenant
Mongolia
Rep
Drives: 121

Quote:

May be your childhood was rough?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 02:39 PM   #30
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

That cop looks like a real jerk.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 03:02 PM   #31
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
And the crazy train has finally arrived...please have your tickets out if you want to board.

The shooting should not have happened.

Most Cops in the US are not like this.

Our police force by and large, is much more professional than the police forces in the majority of other countries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
This is flat out prejudice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybingo View Post
May be your childhood was rough?
Mad? Well this is the same stereotype the cops (or Society in general) place on our heads. Every Black man is a major threat.
      04-08-2015, 03:33 PM   #32
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

I'm not viewing this case from a racial point of view. This cop was just a maniac. No matter what race the victim was.
I stay away from Police as far as i can. Every cop i've known is sick. Except a very few including 2 of my friends. Most Cops have serious personal problems. Maybe because of all the shit the see everything gets to them over time so i won't judge them too hard.
      04-08-2015, 03:36 PM   #33
Dalko43
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Mad? Well this is the same stereotype the cops (or Society in general) place on our heads. Every Black man is a major threat.
I don't think most cops hold that kind of bias, nor do I think that society in general has such views. One cop acted in an irresponsible and potentially criminal manner (jury will ultimately decide). How can you conclude that the majority of cops, as a result, have racial prejudice?

And since when is one form of bias/discrimination vindicated by another form?
      04-08-2015, 03:47 PM   #34
Dalko43
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm not viewing this case from a racial point of view.
Actually your contribution on this subject so far has been quite focused on race...not necessarily saying there is something inherently wrong with that, but let's call a spade a spade. See below:

Quote:

Quote:
This cop was just a maniac. No matter what race the victim was.
I stay away from Police as far as i can. Every cop i've known is sick. Except a very few including 2 of my friends. Most Cops have serious personal problems. Maybe because of all the shit the see everything gets to them over time so i won't judge them too hard.
Again, generalizations aren't really helpful here.

We don't know why the cop acted the way he did, though most, if not all, can agree that his actions were wrong.

Most cops don't have personal problems that would lead to these types of incidents...maybe show some statistical data to prove your point. I know you likely won't and I know I haven't seen any data which would prove your points...but still.

You say you're not judging too hard, but it seems to me that you are judging extremely harshly a person, and a group of people, whom you don't even know, based on a set of circumstances that aren't even fully known to the public yet.

All in all, you come across as an obnoxious, ignorant troll who is purely focused on instigating a heated confrontation rather than having a civil conversation.
      04-08-2015, 04:00 PM   #35
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
I don't think most cops hold that kind of bias, nor do I think that society in general has such views. One cop acted in an irresponsible and potentially criminal manner (jury will ultimately decide). How can you conclude that the majority of cops, as a result, have racial prejudice?

And since when is one form of bias/discrimination vindicated by another form?
Where do i begin? LOL

(i really don't like talking about racial matters but i brought this upon myself so i shall take care of it)

Realistically i know not all cops are bad. It is also not an intelligent move to judge a group of people based on what 1 person did.

However, i've noticed a lot of racial bias against me. Here's an example. During the Treyvon Martin case, i decided to troll the internet and do some Social experiments.
Yahoo.com had an article when Zimmerman was not convicted. After reading the article and comments section, i decided to create two accounts. I used a picture of a professional looking White man for one account and i used a thug'ish picture of me in another account.

Using both accounts, I wrote THE EXACT SAME comment, i mean Highlight+Copy+Paste. I talked about how the Media uses race to boost ratings.

And OH MY GOODNESS! The White professional account got thumbs up and positive replies. The Black account received nothing but negative replies, questions, asking me to site my sources, saying that i didn't know wtf i was talking about etc.

Although that's just one silly experiment with a low sample rate. My point is that when society sees a Black face, they immediately think negatively about him/her.

So fuck cops, i'm using the same prejudice to judge them. But that's immature and unintelligent of me. So i'll move on.
      04-08-2015, 04:59 PM   #36
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I personally know and work with at least 30 officers, of mixed genders and races. Nothing in their character based on any external trait determines which ones I like/trust, and which ones I don't. As with every other professional group I work with, there are varying levels of competence and integrity among the group.

To a person, I think they are in the job for what they get out of it. Some are genuinely concerned with society, and some need a paycheck.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 06:37 PM   #37
grieverr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post

My wife and I were both cuffed and hauled off to cells at the Canadian/US border some years ago. I knew it was a case of mistaken identity and so did the customs cops. Still, I did what they wanted and was soon on my way. If I had flipped them off and resisted, it could have turned into one of these nightmare episodes. Does it make sense to escalate the situation?
This, 100%.

I do not think this person should have been shot to death, I'd like to make that clear. But as much as people like to say that police abuse is getting worse, no one is saying how worse civilian insubordination has also gotten.

No, I am not a cop, nor do I know too many where I'm being sympathetic to them. But I'd think most of these shootings wouldn't have happened if the suspect shut the f**k up, do as s/he's told, and then fight the issue later legally.

On topic: No, I do not think excessive force was needed. Why this officer didn't give chase and call for back up is beyond me. I've always wondered why non-lethal (rubber) rounds are not the standard. My understanding is that they hurt like hell and will incapacitate a person.

Last edited by grieverr; 04-08-2015 at 06:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 07:53 AM   #38
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grieverr View Post
This, 100%.

I do not think this person should have been shot to death, I'd like to make that clear. But as much as people like to say that police abuse is getting worse, no one is saying how worse civilian insubordination has also gotten.

No, I am not a cop, nor do I know too many where I'm being sympathetic to them. But I'd think most of these shootings wouldn't have happened if the suspect shut the f**k up, do as s/he's told, and then fight the issue later legally.

On topic: No, I do not think excessive force was needed. Why this officer didn't give chase and call for back up is beyond me. I've always wondered why non-lethal (rubber) rounds are not the standard. My understanding is that they hurt like hell and will incapacitate a person.
That is very true. When i'm talking to cops i don't give them any reason to escalate the situation. I know most cops are good people but there has been plenty of times when they have abused me with their stupid egos.
That's why i don't respect police. I respect USA and it's laws, i respect the Military but i do not respect these people who wear uniforms called Police.
      04-09-2015, 08:58 AM   #39
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
Who would support a POS like Slager?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/m...r-support-fund
      04-09-2015, 09:00 AM   #40
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

KingOfJericho Dalko43 monkeybingo

I came off a little crazy yesterday. I didn't meant to generalize all cops. I know some people here are cops or have family members who are in the force. Please don't take me too serious when i make those statements.

Cops have tried to screw me over a lot in the past, that's why i have no respect for them.

EDIT: by saying 'them' i mean the crooked dumb ones, not the general good ones.
      04-09-2015, 09:20 AM   #41
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Boss,

"by saying 'them' i mean the crooked dumb ones, not the general good ones."
As you see the error of your way, know that many of us do the same when we talk about <insert potentially discriminatory adjective here>.

A case in point from your own words, that America fears all black men. "By saying them, I mean the crooked dumb ones, not the majority of good ones"
Appreciate 2
      04-09-2015, 09:24 AM   #42
Douche
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede
Boss,

"by saying 'them' i mean the crooked dumb ones, not the general good ones."
As you see the error of your way, know that many of us do the same when we talk about &lt;insert potentially discriminatory adjective here>.

A case in point from your own words, that America fears all black men. "By saying them, I mean the crooked dumb ones, not the majority of good ones"
"And this is why I stay far away from them as possible".
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 09:38 AM   #43
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
Who would support a POS like Slager?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/m...r-support-fund
Dumbest shit I've ever seen. But, who knows if it's actually supporting him... People take advantage of stuff like this to raise money then keep it all to themselves. Part of the reason I hate these "self fundraiser" websites. There's always some idiot out there willing to part with their money.
      04-09-2015, 09:43 AM   #44
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I do find it odd that the start of all of these recent and highly publicized cases was a crime being committed. Michael Brown had just committed a strong-arm robbery, Garner was selling loosies, and this most recent case was a traffic stop but the guy had outstanding child support issues and "didn't want to go to jail" so he attempted to evade the officer. Yes, all lives certainly matter equally but when you commit crimes, you are likely going to encounter the police and when you do, the right thing to do is whatever the officer asks of you. When you stray off that path, you are putting the officer in a situation where he has to use a degree of force. It can't be stressed enough: a criminal does not get to say "no, you can't arrest me" and have the situation end there. They're not just storming into church and picking off black men. It's just not happening. In each case, there was a criminal trying to evade arrest because he didn't want to be arrested.

I'm going to stress again that the officer in this most recent case was absolutely wrong for shooting the guy in the back but this would ultimately never have happened if he complied with the officer and took responsibility for his actions.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0