BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-08-2015, 12:41 PM   #23
jstnstr
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstnstr View Post
I'm in anesthesia.
gas-passer?
That's right! That's why I'm on bimmerpost all day

| Previous: 18 M3 ZCP | 17 M3 6MT | 15 M235i |
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 02:52 PM   #24
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

I'm actually considering going the EMT route because I want to apply for PA school. I literally had an act from God or whatever you wanna call it lead me to change my major and try to work in the ER (long story short I saw a lady get hit by a car on a highway here in Tampa, I was the first responder because I was CPR certified from my bullshit lifeguard job, and I didn't freak out at all and actually felt at home despite her skin already turning gray and her dead eyes staring at me the whole time while there was a blood trail and she was mangled).

I've heard similar things about the program being easy and almost too easy so you need to focus more on learning than passing. Good luck!
      06-11-2015, 08:46 PM   #25
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
I'm actually considering going the EMT route because I want to apply for PA school. I literally had an act from God or whatever you wanna call it lead me to change my major and try to work in the ER (long story short I saw a lady get hit by a car on a highway here in Tampa, I was the first responder because I was CPR certified from my bullshit lifeguard job, and I didn't freak out at all and actually felt at home despite her skin already turning gray and her dead eyes staring at me the whole time while there was a blood trail and she was mangled).

I've heard similar things about the program being easy and almost too easy so you need to focus more on learning than passing. Good luck!
At my old rescue squad, we had a PA who would still do time with us on my assigned duty shift. She was a lifetime member so she didn't have to do any set number of ours a month to maintain her status with the squad. She would tell us pretty hilarious stories. She worked at a nearby county's trauma center. Getting experience as an EMT is definitely beneficial with becoming a PA. In my mind, the medical field is all about problem solving. The more training you have, the wider range or the deeper you can go into problems. What made me really good at being an EMT was I could quickly perform patient diagnosis and then come up with an action plan. Add on top of this the ability to establish good patient rapport and gain the patient's trust. This last part is something medical schools don't emphasize. Personally, I feel having to do time as an EMT should be a requirement for pre-med.
Appreciate 0