BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

07-11-2023, 03:17 AM   #1
rule7tysix
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 530xi

Intake Replaced, DISA Valves Not Actuating, ISTA+ Error

So, long story short, had to replace the CCV and associated hoses; removed intake, got everything out, put everything back together; also replaced the large/outer DISA valve because the original one had a little play in the flap. The small one had a tight flap, no movement, seemed ok, so re-installed.

Once everything was reinstalled, the car would initially crank over and start and then turn off after a second or two. Unplugged the MAF sensor and it started up just fine, but idled super rough. Got the Foxwell scanner out and cleared the codes and reconnected the MAF sensor and started the car back up. Gave it some gas at ignition and it stayed on; idled a bit funky for about a minute, but then settled down and idled normally. Let it sit for about 20-25 minutes, no issues, to burn off the excess oil in the CCV system. Turned the car off again and turned it back on to see if the idle issue had been resolved; it started up fine, but idled super rough for about 15-20 seconds before going into a regular idle.

Connected the Foxwell scanner again and this time it came up with error code 2AA9 - Variable Intake System - Servo Motor 2 Activation. Wasnt sure which one of the DISA valves was being referenced so I tried to do an activation test with the scanner and heard clicks for both of the DISA valves for "activation" but didnt hear anything for "de-activation" or return to state.

Took the air box, and MAF out so that I could take the large/outer DISA valve out and visually watch it activate but scanner started throwing errors saying it couldnt be done.

So, some research into the diagnostics testing led me to ISTA+. Got that downloaded, V4.32.15; fairly certain I got everything configured right to use a K+DCAN cable. Com Port 1, 1 ms latency, Ediabas interface, Interface = STD:OBD. Got the computer to read the car and pull everything up. Got the ECU functins for the Variable Intake Ssstem 1 and 2 and went to "Trigger Component" only to get an error of "A communication fault occurred during activation. Incorrect State: ERROR_ECU_CONDITIONS_NOT_CORRECT_OR_REQUEST_SEQUEN CE_ERROR."

Any help would be appreciated!

TIA

Plugged the scanner back in
Appreciate 0