BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

11-11-2019, 11:10 PM   #463
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

SF shot themselves in the foot so many times in this game. Seattle's defense won this for them.

Pop those corks, all you old Fish.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 11:17 PM   #464
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      11-12-2019, 07:42 AM   #465
CSI
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11e91 & 13e70d

The supposed MVP front runner gave the Niners numerous chances to win that game. But Jimmy G crapped his pants.

My biggest takeaway from last night's game though is that ESPN is by far the worst sports network ever.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 10:30 AM   #466
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSI View Post
The supposed MVP front runner gave the Niners numerous chances to win that game. But Jimmy G crapped his pants.

My biggest takeaway from last night's game though is that ESPN is by far the worst sports network ever.
Unbelievably bad. Just can't listen to them.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 10:43 AM   #467
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
they sold out to stop the run and forced dak to beat them and he balled the fuck out.

unfortunately our coaching staff thought 2 straight running plays that havent worked all game was a good approach when you need a score...
Dak put on a "PASSING Clinic.... Period.

Daks last drive was absolutely marvelous. Unfortunately, our shitty ass, incompetent Fuckwad of a Coach once again, lost us this game. My 11yr old son watching the game with me asked," Why would they try and run twice with the game on the line when Dak is throwing so well?" I said, "Son... Because Coach Garrett is a clueless clown".
This team is so loaded with talent that I and many believe, Dallas has more overall talent on both sides than any team. Sadly enough, they are being completely wasted with this stupid MF. We used to go to many games but I made the decision 2 seasons ago to never buy a ticket again until Garrett is gone.
Appreciate 1
CT335xi682.50
      11-12-2019, 10:47 AM   #468
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Gonna give credit where it's due... Seattle came to play and Russell balled out.
Appreciate 1
      11-12-2019, 11:07 AM   #469
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Really wonder what the headlines would be and what all the talking heads would be saying if the Niners kicker had made the 42 yd FG in OT. Wilson is playing great and Seattle D showed up, but you'd think San Fran didn't do squat. Jimmy G looked pretty shaky but anxious to see how he does in the playoffs with his All-Pro TE and best WR available.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 11:27 AM   #470
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Lightbulb

This sums up Garrett's stupid ass perfectly.
And honestly, I'm torn if Dallas should even make the Playoffs because that's how badly I want to see this MF fired!!!

Quote:
Garrett’s insistence on establishing and sticking with the run keeps putting them behind in games. The Cowboys habit of falling behind early in games is evidence of this stubbornness and its cost. It is especially costly against good teams. They fell behind Green Bay 24-0 and the Vikings 14-0, although both games were played at the Cowboys stadium. The prior week, the struggling Giants jumped out to a 12-3 lead. The Cowboys somehow managed to fall behind the Jets 21-3.

Sunday night, the inflexibility also mattered late in the game. With less than two minutes to play trailing by a touchdown, and with Prescott shredding Vikings defense, Garrett and his offensive coordinator reverted to the run on consecutive plays. I won’t go into the details of this and other strategic blunders in the Vikings game, given that the internet is full of that. It’s simply that this penchant for calling plays like it is 1994 is pervasive with Garrett regardless of the offensive coordinator.

Seemingly, Garrett hasn’t placed much weight on the methods by with the Patriots have reached the conference championship every year since 2000 (or maybe it just feels that way). Bill Belichick and his Patriots’ sustained success has come about because of their willingness to adapt their approach, sometimes substantially, to their personnel and to the other team (unlike what Belichick did in Cleveland). Yes, they have had Tom Brady, but over the past two decades, they have won with conservative offensive play and great defense, with balanced offensive play and good defense, and with throw-it-all-the-time offense and mediocre defense. That’s really the only way to sustain success in such a competitive league. Garrett’s unwillingness to adapt season-by-season, game-by-game, series-by-series, stands in stark contrast.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 12:11 PM   #471
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Dak put on a "PASSING Clinic.... Period.

Daks last drive was absolutely marvelous. Unfortunately, our shitty ass, incompetent Fuckwad of a Coach once again, lost us this game. My 11yr old son watching the game with me asked," Why would they try and run twice with the game on the line when Dak is throwing so well?" I said, "Son... Because Coach Garrett is a clueless clown".
This team is so loaded with talent that I and many believe, Dallas has more overall talent on both sides than any team. Sadly enough, they are being completely wasted with this stupid MF. We used to go to many games but I made the decision 2 seasons ago to never buy a ticket again until Garrett is gone.
Zimmerman was obviously set out to stop Zeke and let Dak try to beat them. Well he was going to, if Dallas would trust him.

On the bright side Dak now looks like a pure passer, he is slinging the ball all over the field. He is evasive too when he needs to be and can take a hit easily. Dak has come a long way in a short period. Dallas fans should be happy. The coach is a buffoon.
Appreciate 2
TXSTYLE13653.00
CT335xi682.50
      11-12-2019, 06:50 PM   #472
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
SF should have had this in the bag. Stupid turnovers and an inability to tackle have hurt them badly.

if anything, seattle should've won this game. Without OT.

Seattle came on the road, shut down the run, and forced Jimmy to beat them. He simply couldn't. When the game was on the line, he folded. He was nervous as hell in that OT quarter.

if Metkalf had held onto the dam ball before half we could've had more point on the board, too.

How can anyone say that the Niners should've won this game? We dropped 3 possible INT's in the 4th. As i said, this game should not have required OT.

Oh, i also love the fact that Wilson went right at sherman in OT with Josh Gordon.. haha
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2019, 04:08 PM   #473
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
if anything, seattle should've won this game. Without OT.

Seattle came on the road, shut down the run, and forced Jimmy to beat them. He simply couldn't. When the game was on the line, he folded. He was nervous as hell in that OT quarter.

if Metkalf had held onto the dam ball before half we could've had more point on the board, too.

How can anyone say that the Niners should've won this game? We dropped 3 possible INT's in the 4th. As i said, this game should not have required OT.

Oh, i also love the fact that Wilson went right at sherman in OT with Josh Gordon.. haha
i mean, the 9ers had one of the worst shanks ive ever seen on a fg to win the game.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13653.00
      11-14-2019, 04:21 PM   #474
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

I would so love to have Cap as a backup to Dak. But alas... I think Jerry is sending a rep to watch him this weekend just for publicity.
      11-14-2019, 10:49 PM   #475
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Daaaaaaaasssssssmn that BRAWL at the end of this Browns vs Steelers game tho!
Appreciate 1
Dagamus_NM1639.50
      11-14-2019, 11:50 PM   #476
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

What is up with Miles lately? Even before this incident I noticed he was turning into a hot head, but damn! I do not remember him like that in college or early in his career.

He is getting a big suspension.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 12:07 AM   #477
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

In fairness to miles.... Mason, the Steelers QB, tried to rip Garrett's helmet off after he was sacked. But Garrett hitting him with the helmet to the head was simply WOW....
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 07:41 AM   #478
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

So, apparently, the Cleveland freaking Browns beat the Pittsburgh Steelers last night!

hahahaha
      11-15-2019, 08:39 AM   #479
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
In fairness to miles.... Mason, the Steelers QB, tried to rip Garrett's helmet off after he was sacked. But Garrett hitting him with the helmet to the head was simply WOW....
doesnt matter what mason did, you dont rip a helmet off and take swings at other players with it. He's lucky he didnt connect with the crown of the helmet, as it could have been a much worse outcome.

Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 08:47 AM   #480
ReddsektoR
Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 DCT AY

Quote:
doesnt matter what mason did, you dont rip a helmet off and take swings at other players with it. He's lucky he didnt connect with the crown of the helmet, as it could have been a much worse outcome.
garrett shouldn't have swung that helmet and should be penalized accordingly, but to me it still does matter what Mason did to start it all... he ill-will attempted at garret's helmet, and the steeler's player at the end kicking garrett while he was already in submission on the ground was also wrong
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 09:14 AM   #481
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddsektoR View Post
garrett shouldn't have swung that helmet and should be penalized accordingly, but to me it still does matter what Mason did to start it all... he ill-will attempted at garret's helmet, and the steeler's player at the end kicking garrett while he was already in submission on the ground was also wrong
you dont do that. period.

what happened before he ripped the helmet off and started swinging is stuff that goes on every game and rarely even gets a penalty.

there is no excuse for it and he should be getting a significant suspension.

Pouncey will get one too for kicking him, and that other Browns DE will get one for runing up and blindsiding mason after the fight as well.

Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 10:47 AM   #482
ReddsektoR
Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 DCT AY

Quote:
you dont do that. period.

what happened before he ripped the helmet off and started swinging is stuff that goes on every game and rarely even gets a penalty.

there is no excuse for it and he should be getting a significant suspension.

Pouncey will get one too for kicking him, and that other Browns DE will get one for runing up and blindsiding mason after the fight as well.
I agree on everything except for the before part. What Mason did with his aggressive helmet taking off attempt does not happen every game. He tried it, failed, and Garrett retaliated because of that and succeeded, in taking it off. That’s the way I see it in the video replay. But yes his helmet swing afterwards is still unacceptable.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 11:39 AM   #483
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

I turned the game off well before the brawl and the replays don't show the whole play. It looks like Garrett is suspended indefinitely, Pouncey and Mason three games and Ogunjobi for one game. I'd be interested in what was said early when Mason tried to pull Garrett's helmet off as he was on the ground. Using a helmet as a weapon is criminal and I wouldn't be surprised if it leads to charges.
      11-15-2019, 11:55 AM   #484
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddsektoR View Post
I agree on everything except for the before part. What Mason did with his aggressive helmet taking off attempt does not happen every game. He tried it, failed, and Garrett retaliated because of that and succeeded, in taking it off. That’s the way I see it in the video replay. But yes his helmet swing afterwards is still unacceptable.
the thing is, it does though. maybe not every game, but several times a week guys are grabbing each others facemasks and pulling at helmets. it's maybe a 15yd penalty and rarely a fine.

just look at earlier this season. Garret punch a titans player in the head and got a 15yd penalty. these kind of minor things happen all the time, but no one escalates it to the levels that he did.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...t-punch-video/

this too. freeman was ejected and fined 14k but not suspended. donald was not fined.

Appreciate 0