BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-22-2008, 07:01 PM   #1
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Bad Dealer Experience

When I was in the market for a new car $35-50k, I checked out many different dealerships. However, when I went to Lexus, they didn't even acknowledge me. When I finally asked for a brochure or test drive, they said they were busy that day and should come back later. However, there weren't any customers, and there were three sales reps just standing around the brochure stand where I had made the inquiry.

It was based on that experience that I didn't look into a Lexus any further. This type of customer service drove me away to look into other cars, and ultimately on BMW. My BMW experience was great from beginning to end.

Should I:
Just let it go, it's water under the bridge
Go back to the dealership with my 1 and let the General Manager know why I was driving a BMW instead of a Lexus
Send an email
Other
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2008, 07:29 PM   #2
1HungryMan
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Simple: Take a pic of your invoice and email it to the owner of the dealership with your pissed off-ed-ness. Name names.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2008, 07:31 PM   #3
former
Practical Idealist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i Coupe

You clearly voted with your dollars and the people who treated you right won. So the system worked.

But, I'd ask your motivation for telling them that they lost your business. If it's just your way of saying "F you", I recommend that you get over it and move on.

If, on the other hand, you want to tell them that because you believe that the GM should know that he's losing business because of the poor way you are treated, then absolutely, give him/her a call.

Just one man's opinion.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2008, 08:38 PM   #4
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Do you ever intend to business with them again? If so then don't say anything. If not then why say anything.

They obviously don't care. And, subsequently, neither should you.

Just an old fahrt's $0.02 worth (and where's the dam cent sign on these new-fangled keyboards?! ; -).
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2008, 11:22 PM   #5
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by atr_hugo View Post
(and where's the dam cent sign on these new-fangled keyboards?! ; -).
hold alt and press 155 on your num pad (not number keys above your letter keys).

¢

When you let go of alt, ¢ will appear.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2008, 01:03 AM   #6
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 135i M-Sport

Garage List
Im a car salesman, lol, im actually really amazed about their customer service you say, here in SA word is theyre really attentive and they even let you take the lexus home on a test drive and take it back, when i first started selling cars I learned no matter what the person may look like, young old poor rich we have to attend every person with respect and thinking they can purchase. thats the number one thing and obviously at that lexus dealership they dont have a clue about how to sell a car cuz they just lost you.. i say let them know but dont give ur name, or you could just go to the better busness beurau or however u spell it ha

BMW AW 135i ZMP:6mt,Coral Red Leather,Silver Matte Trim,Heated Front Seats,I-Drive,HD Radio,Ipod/Usb,Comf.Acces
www.wix.com/TT135i/Moi
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2008, 01:09 AM   #7
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
I guess it's just water under the bridge. It's really not worth my time just to spite them.

For a while, I thought, "Show them I was a serious buyer and not just some punk kid going for joy rides," or, "Suckers just lost a sale!"

Then I thought, "Whoever their general manager is should know that their salesmen are neglecting customers..." and later occurred to me, "He probably knows or even condones it."

Now, I'm just thinking it's not worth my time to go over there and maybe get a non-felt apology. The best revenge (if that's the word to use), would be to not report it. They'll lose more sales that way since they're neglecting more potential customers; whether or not their GM is aware of the bad service or not.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2008, 01:11 PM   #8
Call
Call
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 08 & 07 X5, 05 MCSC

Stupid is...stupid does

Count your blessings...you now have a great car and a great dealership...and you are a 1ADDICT:wink: It can't get any better

Call