BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-21-2008, 01:06 PM   #23
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
U live in a ghetto neighborhood like me too then

AT&T don't cover the poor
LOL, I live up in the hills and I barely get 1 bar with Verizon. When you call my friends, it straight up goes to the voicemail.

I remember my first cell phone in HS was from ATT...the Nokia with the snake game on it, and at the old house, I would have to stick my head out the window for it to even dial.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 01:09 PM   #24
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
LOL, I live up in the hills and I barely get 1 bar with Verizon. When you call my friends, it straight up goes to the voicemail.

I remember my first cell phone in HS was from ATT...the Nokia with the snake game on it, and at the old house, I would have to stick my head out the window for it to even dial.

haha i remember those tiny phones...everyone had one. I riced the shit out of mine, with lights and batteries and shit. I wonder why my battery died so fast, cuz there were so many lights on it.

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 01:13 PM   #25
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
haha i remember those tiny phones...everyone had one. I riced the shit out of mine, with lights and batteries and shit. I wonder why my battery died so fast, cuz there were so many lights on it.
Those were during the raving period.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 01:16 PM   #26
TheLegacy
Gangsta status
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 E39 M5, heavily modded

Quote:
Not true

My blackberry 8830 worked in Vietnam
Well I'm aging myself because they didn't have that when I left.

But you can't unlock them like Tmobile or at&t. I use a softbank simcard when I'm back in Japan. My phone works in every country, at the time verizon had nothing to offer me that was gonna work overseas esp in korea and japan because their 2100mhz.

I dislike verizon's customer service also, had my share of fights. Not say AT&T is better but a tad easier to get unlocked phones, delay bills, and discounts for military.
"Ready for the Apocalypse"
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 01:29 PM   #27
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegacy View Post
Well I'm aging myself because they didn't have that when I left.

But you can't unlock them like Tmobile or at&t. I use a softbank simcard when I'm back in Japan. My phone works in every country, at the time verizon had nothing to offer me that was gonna work overseas esp in korea and japan because their 2100mhz.

I dislike verizon's customer service also, had my share of fights. Not say AT&T is better but a tad easier to get unlocked phones, delay bills, and discounts for military.
Verizon just add this feature, but it limited to certain more expensive phones and plans. Unless GSM phone which work everywhere outside the US except Japan and Korea. You can use your GSM phone with you AT&T plan of buy a pre-paid SIM card in the local country and save money, No way to do this with Verizon even today with their new phones.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 01:36 PM   #28
TheLegacy
Gangsta status
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 E39 M5, heavily modded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Verizon just add this feature, but it limited to certain more expensive phones and plans. Unless GSM phone which work everywhere outside the US except Japan and Korea. You can use your GSM phone with you AT&T plan of buy a pre-paid SIM card in the local country and save money, No way to do this with Verizon even today with their new phones.
I know thats what I said rofl. Why I switched to AT&T because of when I go overseas. And AT&T unlocked my phone for free
"Ready for the Apocalypse"
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 02:41 PM   #29
NYSPEM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 DCT

I have both AT&T and Verizon. In fact, I got the AT&T phone when it was the OLD AT&T, before it became Cingular, then back to at&t (lower case this time).
In New York area both work well. AT&T has slightly better coverage when underground, but Verizon usually gets slightly better reception when above ground.
Mind you, I don't do Internet or messaging on my phones, so my experience is strictly for phone conversations only.

Certified V1 Zombie
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 05:04 PM   #30
TTexan
Verizon Expert
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 JB 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepilot View Post
yea but i'll take HSPDA (at&t) over EVDO (verizon) any day. speeds are much better with HSPDA.
If you're in the 40% coverage area they have, it's great. Otherwise, it's not much difference.

When LTE launches, we'll all be in a much better place.

Oh yeah, it's HSDPA FYI.
Appreciate 0