BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-01-2021, 02:12 PM   #1
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Succession (TV show) - rank Logan's offsprings (potential spoilers)

This is quite unique since it's a great show but full of unlikeable slimy characters; the writing and plotlines are pretty good so that somehow makes me overlook that big distaste for many of the ppl. How would you rank the 4 kids, if you had to pick one as a friend.

OBVIOUS POTENTIAL SPOILERS if you're not caught up to early s3.

Probably the worst imo is Kendal. He's a big druggie so can be compromised and hence makes various unwise decisions, even leading to someone's death. He also disobeys the main principle from The Godfather: never take sides against the family. The issues he takes a stand for are irrelevant because he should have found a way to resolve them internally w/i the family/corporation instead of airing out all the dirty laundry for the whole world. This guy is a dangerous loose cannon.

I'm kinda thinking it's a tossup among the remaining 3...really depends on how one prioritizes certain things. Sometimes Shiv seems the 'best' as I haven't seen her doing anything really bad, but then I recall that she did take up sides working for that Senator who's Logan's mortal enemy, and she is totally fine w cheating on her husband (who, btw, is pretty much the biggest slime-bucket in the show lol). Roman talks a lot about being a bad boy and is always putting others down but did he really do anything shady? So maybe he's not that bad besides his freaky sexual tendencies and needing to work on not being such an X. Connor is a rich fool who thinks too highly of himself and he also has no prbs w buying 'love'. Is he harmless or could potentially be used by others to harm ppl?
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15765.50
      11-01-2021, 02:31 PM   #2
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
What a dysfunctional bunch! They're all fucked up and cringeworthy. It is entertaining.
      11-01-2021, 06:04 PM   #3
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Wow. No one else watches Succession?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 11:37 AM   #4
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Wow. No one else watches Succession?
I guess not haha. Anyway, how would you rank them?
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 01:45 PM   #5
brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3

Love this show.. Roman is f'ing hilarious and Greg plays his character so damn well
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 01:56 PM   #6
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
I wouldn't trust any as friends. If I had to pick one to hang out with or observe from a distance I'd say Roman just for the laugh factor.

I can't help but wonder if real people in their position are that screwed up.
      11-03-2021, 02:05 PM   #7
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Quote:
I wouldn't trust any as friends. If I had to pick one to hang out with or observe from a distance I'd say Roman just for the laugh factor.

I can't help but wonder if real people in their position are that screwed up.
Can confirm. Know a handful of families and they are pretty much spot on. Just met with another in Chicago and actually made the comment it looked like I had stepped onto the set of Succession.

With that said, favorite character to watch is without a doubt Kendall. Jeremy Strong does a phenomenal job portraying that ridiculously damaged individual. Roman also for how devious and mischievous he is. Abusing of power constantly. The thing with him and Gerri is comical.
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go15765.50
      11-03-2021, 03:40 PM   #8
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Can confirm. Know a handful of families and they are pretty much spot on. Just met with another in Chicago and actually made the comment it looked like I had stepped onto the set of Succession.

With that said, favorite character to watch is without a doubt Kendall. Jeremy Strong does a phenomenal job portraying that ridiculously damaged individual. Roman also for how devious and mischievous he is. Abusing of power constantly. The thing with him and Gerri is comical.
Ya, I hate to be cynical but look at the world today and how our various leaders act and there you go, pretty sure it's accurate.

Kendall is 'great' because he's horrible but somehow I kinda feel for him and want him to succeed. Roman is too over-the-top crazy imho. Connor is an airhead and Shiv is flawed too. Guess Logan deserves the wife and children he has being who he is and how he treats ppl.

Anyway what's the deal w Greg? He seems like a total idiot but not quite since he does some maneuvering and knew to copy the sensitive docs as insurance. Oh, did I say how much I think Tom is a slimebag? LOL.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 03:50 PM   #9
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post

Ya, I hate to be cynical but look at the world today and how our various leaders act and there you go, pretty sure it's accurate.

Kendall is 'great' because he's horrible but somehow I kinda feel for him and want him to succeed. Roman is too over-the-top crazy imho. Connor is an airhead and Shiv is flawed too. Guess Logan deserves the wife and children he has being who he is and how he treats ppl.

Anyway what's the deal w Greg? He seems like a total idiot but not quite since he does some maneuvering and knew to copy the sensitive docs as insurance. Oh, did I say how much I think Tom is a slimebag? LOL.
Gregs the lovable simpleton fuckup. The adorable teacup Yorkie puppy that isn't potty trained and isn't so bright. I do love the grandpa role played by James Cromwell. Ewan Roy is always a pivotal scene whenever he's in it.

Shiv's shiv. Marcia is more terrifying. Tom's a cuck - not fond of him as a human but as a character he's comically pathetic. You almost feel sympathy.

I'm with cmyx6go - Roman is the one I'd hang with. Culkin does an amazing job with that character. Interested to see how Skarsgard is implemented in the show. I find him to be able to play both likable characters and absolutely unhinged characters phenomenally.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 01:55 PM   #10
Nativetexan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Greg is so well played. His character just caught up in shit is so funny. The watch was hilarious.

Roman, I think, is the "best" kid. He's twisted for sure, but I can see he's got a soul a bit.

Shiv is power hungry.

Kendal is just like his father in my opinion. They're both sociopaths and narcissists.

Okay now Tom, intrigues me the most as a character b/c he really changes who he is based on he is with. But I feel like after this past episode, Tom is breaking and feeling like the power he's searched for is something that even his own wife will step over him to achieve. He now knows he has no one.

The father is brilliantly played.

Great show all around if you can handle the drama and keep up with the chess moves laid out.
Appreciate 1