BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

07-07-2023, 07:23 PM   #1
Aidendm
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 535xi

No Boost Issue after upgrading to chinese 17t.

Okay so this is my first post so I apologize if this isn’t a normal/great use of this. So I have a 2008 535xi. I just spent two weeks, Upgrading inlets, outlets, turbos, and my intercooler. I started it up with no codes to my surprise and it drives great except for there is 0 boost. I don’t know what i’m doing at this point to check for boost leaks or vacuum lines. I bought this car used and there’s a few things that threw me off one of which is the vacuum canisters were removed. I think I connected the vacuum lines correctly but i’m not too sure. I have one that goes to both turbos and the boost solinoids and then the other two go from the boost solinoids and connects to what i’d assume to be be the vacuum pump? I out of my area of knowledge at this point. If you need more information please ask and help me. I would prefer to not drive around a “naturally aspirated” car. Oh yea and the previous owner gave me the wrong turbos for the car, he bought the 3 series turbos and the outlets have to be rebought. Maybe because they’re the wrong turbos they don’t work? They look the exact same except for the location of where the outlets attach.

Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0