BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

03-22-2022, 03:06 PM   #67
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Y’all going too far with the Ferrari praise lol

I’ve been a Ferrari fan from the moment I started watching F1 in 2009 and I’ve seen a good start to several seasons. Let’s all calm down until we’re at least 1/3 through the season, especially with this season being a major regulation overhaul. Right now I’m cautiously optimistic at their form for this new era but it’s great to see that they’re not on the back foot like the start of the turbo hybrid era.
Appreciate 2
minn1913970.00
      03-22-2022, 03:08 PM   #68
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
You must be blind ...Not to see what was going on.

Charlie => Pulled away from MAX very easily : A gap from 3-5 sec. in 5 laps .
Sainz => No way he was able to follow MAX .

I've seen the whole race 3 times now ...
The Ferrari power situation (distribution) was more than clear !

On the other hand : Where was Charlie last year ?
And what showed Sainz last year ?
Sainz wins next weekend !

This discussion is over ...
Chas F* up in jedda last time...
Appreciate 2
      03-22-2022, 03:11 PM   #69
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
HAM got as usual all the luck on his side , last weekend he wouldn't see the podium !
Yup, over hundred races between him and BOT and it is only luck that keeps HAM ahead of him the vast majority of the time.

We all know if it wsn’t for Toto and HAM, BOT would have two maybe three WDCs?
Appreciate 1
F87source7177.50
      03-22-2022, 03:13 PM   #70
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58893.00
      03-22-2022, 03:16 PM   #71
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Maybe just maybe that goes both ways?

FWIW, I like BOT and hope he has a great year at AR. Off to a really good start, but he was the recipient of good luck with the retirements as well.

Edit: Everyone in the top 10 was except for LEC.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 04:40 PM   #72
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
HAM got as usual all the luck on his side , last weekend he wouldn't see the podium !
Good drivers put themselves in a position to be lucky, if ham wasn't a good driver he wouldn't be able to control the w13 despite its porpoising, lack of grip and place it in p5 and thus he wouldn't have been rewarded with a podium.
minn1913970.00
      03-22-2022, 04:51 PM   #73
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Good drivers put themselves in a position to be lucky, if ham wasn't a good driver he wouldn't be able to control the w13 despite its porpoising, lack of grip and place it in p5 and thus he wouldn't have been rewarded with a podium.
Merc also happens to be the 5 & 6 fastest on the grid. So there is that too.

I don't think Ham was lucky, Merc was lucky.
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      03-22-2022, 05:01 PM   #74
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Merc also happens to be the 5 & 6 fastest on the grid. So there is that too.

I don't think Ham was lucky, Merc was lucky.
That's how it generally works out, if you are skilled enough to put the car where it needs to be, and something goes wrong for others you are more likely to inherit the luck.
      03-22-2022, 05:05 PM   #75
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
BOT's performance for HAM and Mercedes was pushing on his brake pedal !

In Drive2Survive BOT said : "I couldn't stand it anymore"
Did you read the article or are you just using the headline to suit your argument?

Because Bottas said he felt like he had a knife at this throat due to his 1 year contracts, which put alot of pressure on him and affected his performance.

Not because mercedes were treating him like garbage, and making him Lewis's lap dog...
inTgr8r2421.50
minn1913970.00
      03-22-2022, 05:26 PM   #76
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
True !

If MAX didn't had bad luck with his steering wheel and fuel or fuel pump issue ..
Where would HAM have been finished ?

BTW : The Red Bull race strategy really s@cked !
In MAX's outlaps he was called continiously : Take it easy !
The plan was saving tires AMAP ...

That's why Red Bull's undercut didn't worked , and MAX came out just 1 sec. behind Charlie ...

But it actually it didn't matter, as we know he got that bad DNF anyway with just 3 laps to go ...

We saw great and a clean fight from MAX vs Charlie .That really matters !
But yeah ...The Red Bull score was 0 . That's why MAX was/is furious !
Hope they can figure it out ASAP...

Up to next weekend . Can't wait !!!

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58893.00
      03-22-2022, 05:38 PM   #77
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Did you read the article or are you just using the headline to suit your argument?

Because Bottas said he felt like he had a knife at this throat due to his 1 year contracts, which put alot of pressure on him and affected his performance.

Not because mercedes were treating him like garbage, and making him Lewis's lap dog...
Did you saw BOT's face expression in Drive2Survive ? No you didn't saw it...
He said : It was enough ...And his contract to move to Alfa felt like a liberation !
He drove his last races at Mercedes for the Mercedes Constructors World title and not for HAM's defence anymore ...

But let's be honest : BOt was sometimes really fast over one lap in QF ..
But pure racecraft ?
He never had that...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58893.00
      03-22-2022, 06:04 PM   #78
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
True !

If MAX didn't had bad luck with his steering wheel and fuel or fuel pump issue ..
Where would HAM have been finished ?
5th but he finished 3rd because he was skilled enough to keep the w13 where it needed to be incase failures ahead occured. If you can keep the car at the max potential it can deliver race after race after race, eventually someone ahead will DNF and you'll get a higher spot. Not really 100% luck, but skill + luck together can't have one without the other.

Quote:

BTW : The Red Bull race strategy really s@cked !
In MAX's outlaps he was called continiously : Take it easy !
The plan was saving tires AMAP ...

That's why Red Bull's undercut didn't worked , and MAX came out just 1 sec. behind Charlie ...

But it actually it didn't matter, as we know he got that bad DNF anyway with just 3 laps to go ...
I heard it was because the redbull's brakes kept over heating and the tire deg was told high, so they advised max not to push. I think even if max did push hard and overtook Charles the tire deg and brake temps would eventually cause him to lose the spot to Charles.

Quote:

We saw great and a clean fight from MAX vs Charlie .That really matters !
But yeah ...The Red Bull score was 0 . That's why MAX was/is furious !
Hope they can figure it out ASAP...

Up to next weekend . Can't wait !!!
Yeah some good racing, now let's hope Merc gets in on it so there a crazy 3 way battle with 6 drivers. Then let's hope the mid field speeds up too so there can be battles everywhere.

I heard Aston is behind because of porpoising, and McLaren is behind because they're having over heating issues, and their data isn't correlating so the car isn't performing well.
      03-22-2022, 06:19 PM   #79
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Did you saw BOT's face expression in Drive2Survive ? No you didn't saw it...
He said : It was enough ...And his contract to move to Alfa felt like a liberation !
He drove his last races at Mercedes for the Mercedes Constructors World title and not for HAM's defence anymore ...

But let's be honest : BOt was sometimes really fast over one lap in QF ..
But pure racecraft ?
He never had that...
He was frustrated by his short term contracts and the stress it out him under, not the fact that Merc treated him like garbage. Merc always let bot try to challenge for the drivers title, the only time they started to do team orders is when one driver is so far ahead of the other and needs the wins to lock in the champion ship during tight seasons.

Yeah Bot did have some race pace and consistency issues. You saw on the first race he messed up the start and it caused him to drop alot of places in which he had to regain, this was pretty common during his time with Merc too.
minn1913970.00
      03-22-2022, 11:43 PM   #80
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
My prediction:
1. VER
2. LEC
3. SAI
4. HAM
5. PER
6. GAS
7. RUS
8. KMAG
9. ALO
10. TSU
My prediction:
yellow/red flags and DNF tears.

Definitely not hoping for it, but not feeling comfortable about the driver's safety of that circuit.
F87source7177.50
inTgr8r2421.50
      03-23-2022, 12:00 AM   #81
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
My prediction:

Definitely not hoping for it, but not feeling comfortable about the driver's safety of that circuit.
The porpoising will not help things out. That track is so sketchy with the close walls.
Artemis28911.50
      03-23-2022, 04:53 AM   #82
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
He was frustrated by his short term contracts and the stress it out him under, not the fact that Merc treated him like garbage. Merc always let bot try to challenge for the drivers title, the only time they started to do team orders is when one driver is so far ahead of the other and needs the wins to lock in the champion ship during tight seasons.

Yeah Bot did have some race pace and consistency issues. You saw on the first race he messed up the start and it caused him to drop alot of places in which he had to regain, this was pretty common during his time with Merc too.
BOT was always going to be the go between trying to please everybody in Wolfs world in a place completely different to that of HAM's. it can't be minutely compared to the situation with well off Rosberg who had a different mindset and wasn't afraid of telling the world if he thought he was being shortchanged by the Wolf box tricks.
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2022, 05:42 AM   #83
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
BOT was always going to be the go between trying to please everybody in Wolfs world in a place completely different to that of HAM's. it can't be minutely compared to the situation with well off Rosberg who had a different mindset and wasn't afraid of telling the world if he thought he was being shortchanged by the Wolf box tricks.
And what was Wolff's box of tricks?

The question was if Mercedes treated Bottas well by allowing him to fight for the title and the answer is yes, up until he was so far behind in points that it was no longer feasible for him to win anymore and instead of sinking Lewis's chances in a tight championship Bottas would have to be willing to sacrifice his wins so they could secure the drivers championship for Lewis. It's not a one sided you'll be my lap dog scenario you guys make it out to be. It's not Mercedes's fault Bottas couldn't keep up.

If you really want to see single driver favoritism look at redbull, the car is literally built around max to the point where the second driver cant extract the full potential from it. Which is why redbull always struggles in the constructors championship. It gets so bad they even impose these orders of don't race max on their sister team alpha Tauri.
minn1913970.00
      03-23-2022, 05:51 AM   #84
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

The question was if Mercedes treated Bottas well by allowing him to fight for the title and the answer is yes, up until he was so far behind in points that it was no longer feasible for him to win anymore and instead of sinking Lewis's chances in a tight championship Bottas would have to be willing to sacrifice his wins so they could secure the drivers championship for Lewis. It's not a one sided you'll be my lap dog scenario you guys make it out to be. It's not Mercedes's fault Bottas couldn't keep up.

If you really want to see single driver favoritism look at redbull, the car is literally built around max to the point where the second driver cant extract the full potential from it. Which is why redbull always struggles in the constructors championship. It gets so bad they even impose these orders of don't race max on their sister team alpha Tauri.
Checo himself has said with hand on heart that he likes the situation at RBR and you already know that he is free to set up the car for his own driving style.
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2022, 06:46 AM   #85
M5Rick
General
Rep

With the minimum weight of cars now increased to 798kg teams are taking desperate measures to lose weight to even get anywhere near that.
Some teams are removing paint like McLaren are from the air box's and using smaller transfers of sponsors to lose some weight from already overweight cars.
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2022, 09:42 AM   #86
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Wait & See
Still no news of the fix for the two cars, I can't see it being that big a problem. I read that some more Honda engineers are joining RB Powertrains at MK.
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2022, 09:47 AM   #87
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

Come on, remember what happened to Russell in HAMs car at Sakhir? That's just one of many tricks heheh
Appreciate 2
      03-23-2022, 10:01 AM   #88
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
My prediction:

This !
I said that already last year and before the race started at Jeddah .

I agree completely with your statement , because (of course) the walls are still there ..
HAM just said : I fear porpoising on the long straights at Jeddah !

#RatTrapTrack !!!

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58893.00