BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

05-15-2019, 09:50 AM   #23
.2pdk
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Heís a real life crazy Bond villain!
Perfect description, right down to his communist pajamas.

I have no doubt he has an elevator with a trap door and bull sharks in the tank.

My best guess is that none of these despots use nukes, they'll simply provide them to some obscure terror group and then hide behind the old "prove it was us" nonsense...
Appreciate 1
N54Yankee1327.50

05-15-2019, 10:23 AM   #24
N54Yankee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Did it ever occur to those posting the Brit general vid proving there is no threat to US forces that American and Brit intelligence gathering isn’t 100% connected to each other and quite possible we know something they don’t, that we have assets that we would not divulge under any circumstances to even our best allies, and there are differences of opinions on how that intel is disseminated and acted upon, the govt of Britain has their own agenda on how they wish to approach the threats from Iran and other non friendlies.
Let’s not forget that England is more to the left then the USA and usually takes a more passive stance, they only join in on military actions with convincing by the US. Theresa May and the Labour Party don’t like Trump and generals often tow their own govts political line and not a realistic one that’s not a surprise to anyone. We see all the time on the news current and former generals, admirals right here at home who disagree on how to react to events overseas often the split is based on what party line they side with. That’s called self serving politics.
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.Ē Samuel Adams

Last edited by N54Yankee; 05-15-2019 at 11:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 01:06 PM   #25
gjm120
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by .2pdk View Post
they'll simply provide them to some obscure terror group and then hide behind the old "prove it was us" nonsense...
This is the most likely threat of a nuclear capable Iran.

I see N. Korea more likely to use nukes openly if only because it is really a one man show and if that one man gets a wild hair....
      05-15-2019, 02:19 PM   #26
.2pdk
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
This is the most likely threat of a nuclear capable Iran.

I see N. Korea more likely to use nukes openly if only because it is really a one man show and if that one man gets a wild hair....
All it would take is one nuke from NK going off anywhere other than NK and it would be game over for Dr. Evil...
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 02:41 PM   #27
gjm120
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by .2pdk View Post
All it would take is one nuke from NK going off anywhere other than NK and it would be game over for Dr. Evil...
For certain. Silly outlier of a possibility, but what if Dr Evil is told he has a terminal condition? Scary thought.
      05-15-2019, 02:45 PM   #28
.2pdk
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
For certain. Silly outlier of a possibility, but what if Dr Evil is told he has a terminal condition? Scary thought.
At that point his inner circle would act to preserve themselves, maybe the sister?

IMHO of course.
Appreciate 1
gjm120982.00

05-17-2019, 07:34 AM   #29
Delta0311
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Pretty interesting points on "liberating" Iran and "freedom" in general.

You can detect right away those that are going to be shaky, and that will fall behind and those that are very hungry, and that hunger you will have to develop. You gotta create a goal for yourself whatever that may be, a short term goal and a long term goal and you gotta go after that. And if you donít see it, and if you donít believe it, who else will?
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 1
DonaldPump5435.00

05-17-2019, 07:37 AM   #30
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Pretty interesting points on "liberating" Iran and "freedom" in general.

Owen is the man.

Only comedian I've seen who's willing to call (((them))) out.
Hebrews 4:12
Appreciate 1
Delta03117063.00

05-19-2019, 05:03 PM   #31
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS2k View Post
Really?? A week after trump says he's moving a carrier to area they decide to randomly drone a random tanker ship which gets no advantage to anyone.

Even you aren't that gullible are you haha maybee you are. This is as false flag as it gets and I bet there will be 100 more false flags until trump gets his war but I don't think it will go as e-z as you think it will. That is exactly how I remember ppl talking before Iraq war about how ez it will be and it wasn't ez, economy crashed and all other problems we are still paying for today. Maybe you are too young to remember how ppl were talking before Iraq war or just really gullible guy

What did bush say so famous? Fool me once fool me twice haha

I think war is coming because trump really needs it so this is bad news for all of us I don't think this will go the way you are dreaming it will
War mongers here support the same Zionist parties from Israel that provided false and falsified intelligence for Iraq and Libya war. Same people here today backing another war with Iran. Same supporters here who supported the wars against Iraq and Libya support the aggression and war against Iran today.
Iran May have some hardline religious extremists but if one thinks Israel does not they are either blind or very biased and hypocritical

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-middle-east-48323715/clashes-as-ultra-orthodox-jews-protest-against-eurovision
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2019, 07:01 PM   #32
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
Quote:
Really?? A week after trump says he's moving a carrier to area they decide to randomly drone a random tanker ship which gets no advantage to anyone.

Even you aren't that gullible are you haha maybee you are. This is as false flag as it gets and I bet there will be 100 more false flags until trump gets his war but I don't think it will go as e-z as you think it will. That is exactly how I remember ppl talking before Iraq war about how ez it will be and it wasn't ez, economy crashed and all other problems we are still paying for today. Maybe you are too young to remember how ppl were talking before Iraq war or just really gullible guy

I think war is coming because trump really needs it so this is bad news for all of us I don't think this will go the way you are dreaming it will
War mongers here support the same Zionist parties from Israel that provided false and falsified intelligence for Iraq and Libya war. Same people here today backing another war with Iran. Same supporters here who supported the wars against Iraq and Libya support the aggression and war against Iran today.
Iran May have some hardline religious extremists but if one thinks Israel does not they are either blind or very biased and hypocritical

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-middle-east-48323715/clashes-as-ultra-orthodox-jews-protest-against-eurovision
Yawn..........

05-19-2019, 07:16 PM   #33
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
Quote:

Do you ever post without mentioning Israel in some form or another?

No need to answer it's rhetorical
Appreciate 1
MKSixer14033.00

05-20-2019, 12:12 AM   #34
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Trump made another threat today but I don't think anyone believes him anymore? He making so many threats like it's lawsuit but everyone loses. If there's no war then ppl say we are weak and FOS if we goto war then economy crashes and times here will be much worse then during Iraq. In both situation we lose so what was the point of this??
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 06:22 AM   #35
.2pdk
Banned
Rep

War represents opportunity!

Hopefully Trump can time it properly...

https://www.businessinsider.com/here...-to-war-2017-8

Quote:
Looking at recent history, US involvement in Iraq in both 1990 (Iraq War I) and 2003 (Iraq War II) led to a fall in stocks of more than 10%.

In both cases, market volatility bottomed out well before the end of the conflict. Oliver adopted a time frame of August 1990 -- January 1991 for Iraq War I, and March -- May 2003 for Iraq War II.

The key takeaways from the historical analysis are that shares initially fall as markets assess risk, but history suggests that within six months, they always rise strongly.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 08:24 PM   #36
glennQNYC
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
...I never could figure out why the F-14 was phased out so quickly and completely. A little research last year revealed why.....they were retired and completely scrapped so there would be no source of spare parts for the Iranians.
I support this initiative.

05-20-2019, 08:36 PM   #37
glennQNYC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Did it ever occur to those posting the Brit general vid proving there is no threat to US forces that American and Brit intelligence gathering isn't 100% connected to each other and quite possible we know something they don't...
This.

I hear this laughable notion; that some British General in theatre would have better intelligence at his disposal than the President of the United States, as only another desperate attempt to reticule POTUS.

Yawn.

05-20-2019, 08:55 PM   #38
glennQNYC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Something doesn't seem right.........So we have four damaged oil tankers, the damage being kind of odd, and a minor Yemeni rebel drone strike on a Saudi oil pipeline.
I disagree with you so often, at this point finding consensus between you and I is a sport. This is an occasion where the space between us isn't so broad.

The observation I've been pointing out to people has been the wording chosen in nearly every report I heard/read about the tanker incidents. News outlets across the English-speaking press called the incident "sabotage." While technically accurate, this strikes me as an odd choice of words. Why not call it an "attack?" I don't recall anyone calling the attack on the USS Cole in 2000 an act of sabotage.

The other oddity is the damage to the tankers is supposedly under the waterline and thus not visible. Yet, no leaks or environmental impact from this. I haven't seen any reported images either. Has anyone seen any images of this act of sabotage?

Odd.

05-20-2019, 10:54 PM   #39
N54Yankee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Modern tankers have inner and outer hulls to prevent exactly this sort of thing.
Cheap, poorly designed made Iranian explosives werenít powerful enough to breach in inner barrier. IMO.
US Navy weapons be it limpet mines or missiles have no such problem.
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.Ē Samuel Adams
Appreciate 2
UncleWede7558.00
MKSixer14033.00

05-21-2019, 09:51 AM   #40
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
I support this initiative.
It wasn't just the aircraft...they had over 700 Phoenix missiles which accompanied the original 80 F-14's sold to the Iranians in order the counter the MiG 25 Foxbat threat.

Beautiful footage.

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Appreciate 1
N54Yankee1327.50

05-21-2019, 10:25 AM   #41
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M4 CS, 16 F150, 19 M550

Quote:
This "crisis" seems contrived. Something doesn't seem right.........So we have four damaged oil tankers, the damage being kind of odd, and a minor Yemeni rebel drone strike on a Saudi oil pipeline. As much as I dislike the Iranian regime, it has been smart enough to avoid situations like this. Either they have someone new in charge who is obviously less intelligent, or something else is going on.

PS I never could figure out why the F-14 was phased out so quickly and completely. A little research last year revealed why.....they were retired and completely scrapped so there would be no source of spare parts for the Iranians.
IIRC the F-14s operational/maintenance costs were getting extremely high, especially compared to the Hornet. This was a big factor in their retirement.

Even if Iran got spare parts they still wouldn't of been able to keep many in the air without the expertise on how to keep them that way. It was a very complex aircraft to keep in flying/combat status. Plus no offense to the F-14 as it is one of my all time favs, but it wouldn't pose much of a threat in an Iranian pilots hands to US forces.
Appreciate 1
N54Yankee1327.50

05-21-2019, 11:03 AM   #42
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
This.

I hear this laughable notion; that some British General in theatre would have better intelligence at his disposal than the President of the United States, as only another desperate attempt to reticule POTUS.

Yawn.
Maybe the British general listens to his intelligence people. What a thought! Do you think he ever told them to "go back to school"?
      05-21-2019, 11:08 AM   #43
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
It wasn't just the aircraft...they had over 700 Phoenix missiles which accompanied the original 80 F-14's sold to the Iranians in order the counter the MiG 25 Foxbat threat.

Beautiful footage.

And this is set for a 2020 release.
Cue the song "danger zone":
https://www.google.com/search?q=top+...hrome&ie=UTF-8
      05-21-2019, 11:29 AM   #44
gjm120
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

The other oddity is the damage to the tankers is supposedly under the waterline and thus not visible. Yet, no leaks or environmental impact from this. I haven't seen any reported images either. Has anyone seen any images of this act of sabotage?

Odd.
I've seen a pic of the smaller tanker that was hit. Clear hole right at the waterline in the stern. No cargo tanks back there - the engine room is there.
Attached Images