BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Closed Thread

05-07-2019, 12:06 PM   #45
David70
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
I'm pretty racist against anyone who wants to kill me, destroy the country I live in, and destroy the culture of freedom that country is based upon. No apologies for that.
There is no race trying to destroy anything. Actually Muslim nor Islam are a race so you might be racist but what you are saying doesn't make sense.
      05-07-2019, 12:10 PM   #46
Dave 90TT
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
There is no race trying to destroy anything. Actually Muslim nor Islam are a race so you might be racist but what you are saying doesn't make sense.
Ok, I will fix it for you (although you are either an idiot or being deliberately ingenious if you did not understand what I meant).

I'm highly prejudiced against anyone and any group that wants to kill me, destroy the country I live in, and destroy the culture of freedom that country is based upon. No apologies for that.
Run Silent10434.50

05-07-2019, 12:13 PM   #47
David70
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
No worries! We need a sarcasm emoji! Post-haste.

I still think you're conflating my example. My example was only this: It took more than the marches to change the law. It took the majority population, in this case whites, to influence their representatives to change the law.

I see this congruent with it taking the larger population of muslims to roll back radical islam. It will require them to speak up against terrorism in a vociferous manner rather than saying very little or nothing.

I hope this clarifies my thinking for you.

Cheers-MK
99.9% of Muslims don't know any terrorists so not sure what you think the majority of them should do. They should say they are against terrorism?

30k people are killed in the U.S. with guns and I do nothing about it. I should tell everyone I am against gun violence?

Back to the original post, I don't think posting videos of the worst of the worst, then people posting the "peace loving religion" (obviously sarcasm), or every other negative comment will get Muslim people on the fence to decide that we aren't against their religion.
      05-07-2019, 12:15 PM   #48
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i (coming)

Garage List
Quote:
99.9% of Muslims don't know any terrorists so not sure what you think the majority of them should do. They should say they are against terrorism?

30k people are killed in the U.S. with guns and I do nothing about it. I should tell everyone I am against gun violence?

Back to the original post, I don't think posting videos of the worst of the worst, then people posting the "peace loving religion" (obviously sarcasm), or every other negative comment will get Muslim people on the fence to decide that we aren't against their religion.
So then your solution is to ignore it?
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
2015 ///M4, SO/full black, 6MT, HK, light 19"
Appreciate 2
Joekerr4387.50
MKSixer13470.00

05-07-2019, 12:22 PM   #49
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Rep
Drives: 2012 300C SRT8

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Well, maybe the solution he'd like to see is we should all convert to Islam...because then we can't be against "their" religion.

Unless we choose to be a Shia muslim when we are surrounded by Sunni muslims. Oh crap. Guess we have to choose the side carefully. Make sure we're on the right side of Islam for whoever is the largest group around us. And then flip sides if we move.

Yeah - I don't believe that 99.9% of Muslims don't know someone who has expressed some desire to see infidels killed. Not for a second. Course, that was just a made up statistic - wasn't it. You have no real idea. So we're left only to our own opinions. I don't have any facts to support my opinion - I just don't buy it, and haven't seen any evidence that changes my mind.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 12:23 PM   #50
David70
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am for law enforcement, making everyone feel part of society, giving them equal rights, not judging their religion or treating them differently. My feelings are the same about different races. You will never beat terrorist or radical ideas by pushing a group of people to the side and treating them poorly.

What would you suggest? You look at them and their family as if they are outcasts, come to BMW forums and tell everyone you hate them and their family, post videos of some radical anywhere in the world and how much you hate them all with the goal of hoping they don't go down the store, get a gun and unload it on a group of people?

If a normal 17 year old Muslim high school student bought a BMW, decided to join this forum and read through all of these posts, do you think he is more or less likely to think we respect him and his religion and more or less likely to want to do something bad to the "others"? Nothing a terrorist wants more than to it be us against them with them being everyone that doesn't have the same religion or ideas they have.

Last edited by David70; 05-07-2019 at 12:33 PM..
Appreciate 1
1 AKY283.00

05-07-2019, 12:25 PM   #51
David70
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
Ok, I will fix it for you (although you are either an idiot or being deliberately ingenious if you did not understand what I meant).

I'm highly prejudiced against anyone and any group that wants to kill me, destroy the country I live in, and destroy the culture of freedom that country is based upon. No apologies for that.
Great, you are against groups that want to kill you or destroy the country you live in. Thanks for posting.
      05-07-2019, 01:18 PM   #52
TURBO8
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Brigitte Gabriel says it best.

for those that can't watch video.

Great, question. I am so glad you’re here and I am so glad you brought that up, because it gives us an opportunity to answer. What I find so amazing is since the beginning of this panel, which we are here about Benghazi attack against our people. Not one person mentioned Muslims, we are here against Islam or we’re launching war against Muslims. We are you to discuss how four Americans died and what our government is doing. We were not here to bash Muslims; you were the one who brought up the issue about most Muslims and not us. And since you brought it up, allow me to elaborate with my answer.

There are 1.2 billion Muslims in the world today. Of course, not all of them are radicals the majority of them are peaceful people. The radicals are estimated to be between 15% to 25% according to all intelligence services around the world. That leaves 75% of them peaceful people, but when you look at 15% to 25% of the world’s Muslim population; you’re looking at the 180-million to 300-million people dedicated to the destruction of Western civilization. That is as big of the United States. So why should we worry about their radical 15% to 25%, because it is the radicals that kill, because it is the radicals that behead and massacre.

When you look throughout history, when you look at all the lessons of history most Germans were peaceful, yet the Nazis drove the agenda and as a result 60-million people died, almost 14-million in concentration camps, 6-million were Jews. The peaceful majority were irrelevant.

When you look at Russia most Russians were peaceful as well, yet the Russians were able to kill 20-million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant. When you look at China for example most Chinese were peaceful as well, yet the Chinese were able to kill 70-million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant.

When you look at Japan prior to World War II most Japanese were peaceful as well, yet Japan was able to butcher its way across Southeast Asia killing 12-million people mostly killed with bayonet and shovels. The peaceful majority were irrelevant.

On September 11th in the United States, we had 2.3-million Arab Muslims living in the United States. It took 19 hijackers 19 radicals to bring America down to its knees, destroy the World Trade Center, attack the Pentagon and kill almost 3,000 Americans that day. The peaceful majority were irrelevant.

So for all our powers the reasons and us talking about moderate and peaceful Muslims, I’m glad you’re here, but where are the other speaking out and since you are the only Muslim representative.

[Applause]

[Brigitte Gabriel: Source: LYBIO.net
Save your applause till the end. Thank you. Thank you.

And since you are the only Muslim representative in here, you took the limelight instead of speaking about why our government and I assume are you an American? You’re an American citizen. So and American citizen you sat in this room and instead of standing up and saying a question or asking something about our four Americans that died and what our government is doing to correct the problem. You stood there to make a point about peaceful moderate Muslims. I wish you brought 10 with you to question about what how we can hold our government responsible. It is time we take political correctness should be consigned to the garbage can where it belongs and it’s time to start calling a spade a spade

Last edited by TURBO8; 05-07-2019 at 01:50 PM..
Appreciate 2
MKSixer13470.00
Poiseuille2555.00

05-07-2019, 01:18 PM   #53
.2pdk
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

Quote:
99.9% of Muslims don't know any terrorists
Source?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 01:20 PM   #54
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Rep

Quote:
If a normal 17 year old Muslim high school student bought a BMW, decided to join this forum and read through all of these posts, do you think he is more or less likely to think we respect him and his religion and more or less likely to want to do something bad to the "others"?
Hang on. Why does anyone need to respect anyone or their religion? Why does it matter so much that we respect Islam?

I don't see a level of respect for Christianity. Or Buddhists. Hindus either? Lots of people hate on these religions (among others) and show no respect. They'll post memes making fun of the respective religious figures, use their respective deities names in vain, etc.

No respect at all.

Here's a key difference though, when it comes to the disrespect shown:

- Christians, Buddhists, etc - we disagree with your views, but we'll just move on and keep doing our thing and still try to be the best example we can.

- Some Muslims - Jihad! Allahu Akbar! Boom.

Not all Muslims of course. But you have to admit there is a very disturbing trend with the number of terrorist attacks and the religion to which the attacker identifies with.
Appreciate 2
Dave 90TT1507.50
MKSixer13470.00

05-07-2019, 01:29 PM   #55
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:
If a normal 17 year old Muslim high school student bought a BMW, decided to join this forum and read through all of these posts, do you think he is more or less likely to think we respect him and his religion and more or less likely to want to do something bad to the "others"?
Hang on. Why does anyone need to respect anyone or their religion? Why does it matter so much that we respect Islam?

I don't see a level of respect for Christianity. Or Buddhists. Hindus either? Lots of people hate on these religions (among others) and show no respect. They'll post memes making fun of the respective religious figures, use their respective deities names in vain, etc.

No respect at all.

Here's a key difference though, when it comes to the disrespect shown:

- Christians, Buddhists, etc - we disagree with your views, but we'll just move on and keep doing our thing and still try to be the best example we can.

- Some Muslims - Jihad! Allahu Akbar! Boom.

Not all Muslims of course. But you have to admit there is a very disturbing trend with the number of terrorist attacks and the religion to which the attacker identifies with.
How many anti Hindu posts have you made here? How many anti Buddhist or any other religion posts have you made here? 0 I bet. How many anti Muslim posts have you made? Easily more then 50.

That's the difference lol.

All your other words and paragraphs are gibberish trying to justify you being a racist the more of a crazy racist you are the longer the posts justifying it. Some ppl even write entire books justifying it when they are racist to the core.

Just accept what you are, I bet you will be more happy with yourself, it's not like you are hiding your beliefs from anyone with your nonsense paragraphs of words
Appreciate 1
David70773.00

05-07-2019, 01:45 PM   #56
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
1) Yes, yes they should. I don't personally know any murder-rapists, but I don't have a problem saying I am against murder and rape. Isn't that the same thing? I am a Christian. I don't know any creepy pedophile clergy members, but I sure as heck don't have an issue with saying that the Catholic church had some serious bad apples in its mix and that I am 100% against the abuse they perpetrated. How is that any different?

2) Your 99.9% number doesn't appear to be accurate. There are about 1.8 billion Muslims in the world. So 0.1% of that is 1.8 million. Just the population of Sudan and Somalia alone totals about 55 million. I can promise you that way more than half of people in those countries have had direct experience with a radical Islamic terrorist. I can support this claim through my personal experience of spending substantial time in Sudan, as well as Somalia and other North African countries. Nearly everyone I interacted with either had a direct confrontation with a 'RIT', or had a family member who had. As such, I am calling your claim baloney. Do you have a source to back it up?
MKSixer13470.00

05-07-2019, 01:52 PM   #57
iamwingman
Captain
Rep
Drives: m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS2k View Post
How many anti Hindu posts have you made here? How many anti Buddhist or any other religion posts have you made here? 0 I bet. How many anti Muslim posts have you made? Easily more then 50.

All your other words and paragraphs are gibberish trying to justify you being a racist the more of a crazy racist you are the longer the posts justifying it. Some ppl even write entire books justifying it when they are racist to the core.

Just accept what you are, I bet you will be more happy with yourself, it's not like you are hiding your beliefs from anyone with your nonsense paragraphs of words
Yeah. Those hindus and Buddhists are the ones chopping off heads, flying planes into buildings, blowing people-and themselves up, throwing gays off rooftops....In the name of their religion.
Appreciate 3
Run Silent10434.50
SakhirM49215.50
MKSixer13470.00

05-07-2019, 01:53 PM   #58
Dave 90TT
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

Hmm. I seem to remember when 'Everyone Draw Mohammed' was a thing a few years back. The numbers of protests and Muslims stating that was a bad thing, and it was against their religion was a really high number.

Maybe if that number of Muslims came out against the terrorism and violence, there might be a change. Unfortunately it seems that a strong minority, if not majority of Muslims worldwide condone the violence through either inaction, or through wonderful actions like the video that started this thread.

Me personally, I think all religions are bad (I lean atheist), but I am more than willing to live and let live; however, when said religions are not willing to live and let live (and it seems Islam is one that is not willing to live and let live), and attempt to impose their will on the rest of the secular world through Sharia law, violence, and other such things, I am of the opinion that those religions can go fuck themselves.

05-07-2019, 01:58 PM   #59
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwingman View Post
Quote:

Yeah. Those hindus and Buddhists are the ones chopping off heads, flying planes into buildings, blowing people-and themselves up, throwing gays off rooftops....In the name of their religion.
Actually if you follow news in other parts of world you read about a lot of screwed up stuff buddhists and Hindus do too. But that's not important, media here is crazy obsessed with muslims so all you see is bad bad bad.

Same thing racists in media did to black ppl for so many years, no good news only tell us they do bad stuff and are criminals. Also thy did the same with Chinese ppl saying all liars and thief for hundred years here. Media makes most ppl believe something by showing only bad things. Racists will eventually move on from muslims to someone else and you will hate them next that's the way crazy racists always work always the same.

Besides it's Tuesday now so this thread will die for a few days and come back either on Friday or Monday haha like clockwork for crazy republicans
Appreciate 1
1 AKY283.00

05-07-2019, 02:30 PM   #60
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i (coming)

Garage List
Quote:
Actually if you follow news in other parts of world you read about a lot of screwed up stuff buddhists and Hindus do too. But that's not important, media here is crazy obsessed with muslims so all you see is bad bad bad.

Same thing racists in media did to black ppl for so many years, no good news only tell us they do bad stuff and are criminals. Also thy did the same with Chinese ppl saying all liars and thief for hundred years here. Media makes most ppl believe something by showing only bad things. Racists will eventually move on from muslims to someone else and you will hate them next that's the way crazy racists always work always the same.

Besides it's Tuesday now so this thread will die for a few days and come back either on Friday or Monday haha like clockwork for crazy republicans
You do know that Muslim is NOT a race - right?
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
2015 ///M4, SO/full black, 6MT, HK, light 19"
Appreciate 1
Run Silent10434.50

05-07-2019, 02:31 PM   #61
iamwingman
Captain
Rep
Drives: m4

Quote:

So.. according to you. 99.9% of Muslims are great people- Only a few bad apples here and there. But yet you generalize that Republicans are crazy and racist.
Appreciate 6
Delta03116840.00
SakhirM49215.50
Run Silent10434.50
TURBO8628.50
Joekerr4387.50
N54Yankee1228.50

05-07-2019, 02:34 PM   #62
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Rep

Quote:

And here I was, completely unaware that "Muslim" was a race. Must have had my head in the sand all this time.

So in summary, you are trotting out the tired old racist card and waving it about. But if Muslims are not a race, then I how can I be racist with respect to that religion?

You remind me of a snippet from one of Eve 6 songs

I see your head
Spin round and round
Broken record talk tonight
Skip that needle back and forth on your mind
Wearing out unconvincing lies
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 02:35 PM   #63
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
So.. according to you. 99.9% of Muslims are great people- Only a few bad apples here and there. But yet you generalize that Republicans are crazy and racist.
Funny how that works, isn't it?

05-07-2019, 02:35 PM   #64
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

I didn't say that, you are putting words in my mouth. Not all republicans are crazy m, but yes majority of crazy republicans are racists. Since according to crazy republicans you can say anything you want about muslims and it's not racism I can see how you think you are ok but you are just drinking racists kool aid besides no matter how much you wish your racist fantasy is true it just isn't and just doesn't stick and eventually goes away. Just like with black ppl and Chinese ppl the racist words never made any sense so it's taking a long time but it's going away. So crazy racists just keep trying harder
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 02:43 PM   #65
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Rep

Quote:
You can play with words all you want to try and change subject but everyone here knows what you are. You and the same exact 5 ppl who do appreciates in racism against muslims posts it's always 5 ppl too it's amazing lol
Insha'allah they will. Isn't it around Salat al-'asr time? Shouldn't you be praying right now rather than throwing shade?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 02:43 PM   #66
.2pdk
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

I beg you guys...

Quote:
Quote:
You do know that Muslim is NOT a race - right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
And here I was, completely unaware that "Muslim" was a race. Must have had my head in the sand all this time.

So in summary, you are trotting out the tired old racist card and waving it about. But if Muslims are not a race, then I how can I be racist with respect to that religion?
Name:  4.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  45.5 KB
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread