BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-06-2019, 11:21 AM   #23
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
7301
Rep
9,102
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Schwarzschild Radius can you fact check please?
What is your question?
__________________
I need some warm warming up stuff -LUPS
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 11:24 AM   #24
TheWatchGuy
Major
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
1882
Rep
1,439
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
What is your question?
need you to fact check MKSixer being racist. follow the quote chain.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
MKSixer14033.00

      05-06-2019, 11:33 AM   #25
David70
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
773
Rep
1,941
Posts

Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
When does it graduate from a small amount of people into a strong percentage of people who follow that religion?

Because I can tell you right now, if you take the entire world population of people who follow Islam, it is already a strong percentage that believe this way.
What does "strong percentage that believe this way" mean and where did you get this information?
__________________
2006 Z4M Coupe - Stromung exhaust, ZHP knob, stubby antenna, clutch delay delete
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 11:45 AM   #26
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
7558
Rep
7,198
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
need you to fact check MKSixer being racist. follow the quote chain.
And in the follow-on investigation, we need Real Dodger to investigate whether MK is really black.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 12:05 PM   #27
David70
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
773
Rep
1,941
Posts

Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Compare it to the Civil Rights movement of the 60's.

Did Dr. King and the hundreds of thousands of oppressed blacks marching change everything? The short answer is, NO. They made everyone AWARE of the Problems. Who actually changed? The previously-silent majority of whites who were brought into awareness by the marching, etc. Once they said enough of this BS and began marching en masse themselves, the pressure was on and the laws were changed accordingly.

Now let's compare it to radical Islamist today.

There is a small percentage of muslims who are radicalized. We are told that the larger percentage of muslims don't believe in violence and abhor it completely. What's missing? Where, in that large percentage of muslims who abhor violence, are the ones deriding the violence and speaking out against it vociferously as well as marching in the streets to stop the violence? Crickets.

Until this occurs, there will be no movement on radical islam because the vast majority of muslims provide tacit approval by NOT speaking out against it vociferously just as the vast majority of whites provided tacit approval of racism by not speaking out against it vociferously.

Flamesuit on. Yes, I'm a racist and anti-islam and whatever else someone may think up to call me but the comparison is valid.
I also can't at all follow this "logic". All blacks were oppressed by racists and racists ideas therefore we should signal out the few radical Muslims on forums where we tell everyone how much we hate Muslims and this will help correct the problem? My goal is to have fewer radical Muslims, I don't believe what you say at all helps this happen. If I was Muslim what you say would only add to any hate feelings I might have towards non Muslims. MLK's message wasn't anywhere close to what you are trying to link him to.
__________________
2006 Z4M Coupe - Stromung exhaust, ZHP knob, stubby antenna, clutch delay delete
Appreciate 3
SoCalS2k279.50
1 AKY283.00

      05-06-2019, 02:37 PM   #28
.2pdk
Banned
4001
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS2k View Post
Well I guess it's Monday lol. Tommorow will be about how some democrat is an nazi
Huh, only some and only tomorrow?

Wake up and smell the coffee amigo...
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 02:38 PM   #29
.2pdk
Banned
4001
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
lol

guys, socal doesnt know scott isnt a trump supporter. should we tell him?
Don't you dare, this is better than CNN...
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 04:08 PM   #30
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
14033
Rep
7,067
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Ok. I will break this down in a few sentences.

Without the greater population of whites in the country saying, "that's enough, stop treating these people this way", what Dr. King said and did would have taken much longer. The outcry was actually led by Republicans.

Without the greater population of those muslims who aren't radical saying, "that's enough, stop this violence", to the radicals, the violence will continue to occur.

Does everyone understand now?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 04:26 PM   #31
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
14033
Rep
7,067
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
I also can't at all follow this "logic". All blacks were oppressed by racists and racists ideas therefore we should signal out the few radical Muslims on forums where we tell everyone how much we hate Muslims and this will help correct the problem? My goal is to have fewer radical Muslims, I don't believe what you say at all helps this happen. If I was Muslim what you say would only add to any hate feelings I might have towards non Muslims. MLK's message wasn't anywhere close to what you are trying to link him to.
Where did I say anything about Muslims on the forums? I am speaking about populations exerting influence over policies.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 08:14 PM   #32
yco
ignorance is bliss..
yco's Avatar
595
Rep
854
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)

these people are humanish looking brainless creatures.. Islam is not a religion like this at all.. and i hate the fact that being a Muslim is very close to being a terrorist.. thats really sad all because of these idiots..
Appreciate 1
Run Silent11143.00

      05-06-2019, 09:52 PM   #33
1 AKY
Major
1 AKY's Avatar
United Kingdom
283
Rep
1,164
Posts

Drives: E90 330D MSport Auto
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (1)

The Daily Fail instead of Fox News?? You folks must be desperate.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 06:39 AM   #34
David70
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
773
Rep
1,941
Posts

Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Flamesuit on. Yes, I'm a racist and anti-islam and whatever else someone may think up to call me but the comparison is valid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Where did I say anything about Muslims on the forums? I am speaking about populations exerting influence over policies.
My mistake, as you said you are a racist and anti-Islam. I'm sure the anyone with radical ideas are rethinking their ways based on your actions.

MLK wasn't against other races and specifically was asking for his race to be treated equally, your idea that by us calling out the worst of another group will change them is laughable. I think you being a self described racist makes it difficult for you to see that the comparison isn't at all the same.
__________________
2006 Z4M Coupe - Stromung exhaust, ZHP knob, stubby antenna, clutch delay delete
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 07:12 AM   #35
1 AKY
Major
1 AKY's Avatar
United Kingdom
283
Rep
1,164
Posts

Drives: E90 330D MSport Auto
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I am speaking about populations exerting influence over policies.
Isn't that what democracy is all about?
If you're referring to 'external' influences.....think you're knocking on the wrong door.

As for the clip and without necessarily condoning or condemning it, interpretation and context.

Also waiting for this one to hit your filtered feeds......

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 07:31 AM   #36
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
14033
Rep
7,067
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
My mistake, as you said you are a racist and anti-Islam. I'm sure the anyone with radical ideas are rethinking their ways based on your actions.

MLK wasn't against other races and specifically was asking for his race to be treated equally, your idea that by us calling out the worst of another group will change them is laughable. I think you being a self described racist makes it difficult for you to see that the comparison isn't at all the same.
OMG. I should have put up a sarcasm sign when I said I was a racist. I have white relatives and have worked with and consider myself friends with people of all races, faiths, and creeds. And please show me where I said I'm anti Islam in my non-sarcastic writing. I'm anti RADICAL ISLAM.

Please set your mental filter to zero and read the words that are actually there rather than mentally filtering them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Appreciate 2
N54Yankee1327.50
.2pdk4000.50

      05-07-2019, 07:34 AM   #37
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
14033
Rep
7,067
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 AKY View Post
Isn't that what democracy is all about?
If you're referring to 'external' influences.....think you're knocking on the wrong door.

As for the clip and without necessarily condoning or condemning it, interpretation and context.

Also waiting for this one to hit your filtered feeds......

We aren't a democracy but a representative republic. The influence of the people on the representatives who actually make the laws is what I am discussing.

Wow.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 08:06 AM   #38
N54Yankee
Captain
N54Yankee's Avatar
United_States
1328
Rep
983
Posts

Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 AKY View Post
Isn't that what democracy is all about?
If you're referring to 'external' influences.....think you're knocking on the wrong door.

As for the clip and without necessarily condoning or condemning it, interpretation and context.

Also waiting for this one to hit your filtered feeds......

The big difference is, the Arab 'school' spouting poison is right here in the USA and the Israeli one is in Israel. When they bring their vitriol here it crosses a line. Speaking of external, they should keep it external and off these shores.
__________________
__________________
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. Samuel Adams
Appreciate 2
.2pdk4000.50
MKSixer14033.00

      05-07-2019, 08:13 AM   #39
.2pdk
Banned
4001
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
OMG. I should have put up a sarcasm sign when I said I was a racist.
This board seems to be unusually weak when it comes to picking up on sarcasm...

Quote:
I'm anti RADICAL ISLAM.
Other than half of congress who isn't?
Appreciate 1
MKSixer14033.00

      05-07-2019, 08:21 AM   #40
obert
Brigadier General
obert's Avatar
United_States
1130
Rep
3,465
Posts

Drives: 2013 328i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle Wa

iTrader: (36)

Why do these groups get a pass on behavior like this while others would be all over the news protesting and saying it our country/Presidents fault.

I am sure this is wide spread teaching and thinking.

Last edited by obert; 05-07-2019 at 12:56 PM..
Appreciate 2
MKSixer14033.00
.2pdk4000.50

      05-07-2019, 08:25 AM   #41
David70
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
773
Rep
1,941
Posts

Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
OMG. I should have put up a sarcasm sign when I said I was a racist. I have white relatives and have worked with and consider myself friends with people of all races, faiths, and creeds. And please show me where I said I'm anti Islam in my non-sarcastic writing. I'm anti RADICAL ISLAM.

Please set your mental filter to zero and read the words that are actually there rather than mentally filtering them.
I didn't see the sarcasm so sorry about this, many of the views posted on this site seem racist to me, I wasn't surprised to hear someone say it.

I still don't agree at all with MLK being against all racism towards his race and you pointing out the worst of another group being the same.
__________________
2006 Z4M Coupe - Stromung exhaust, ZHP knob, stubby antenna, clutch delay delete
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 08:28 AM   #42
Dave 90TT
Colonel
United_States
1554
Rep
2,000
Posts

Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Colorado Springs

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
many of the views posted on this site seem racist to me, I wasn't surprised to hear someone say it.
I'm pretty racist against anyone who wants to kill me, destroy the country I live in, and destroy the culture of freedom that country is based upon. No apologies for that.
__________________
2015 Black Sapphire Metallic 6MT M4
Appreciate 1
N54Yankee1327.50

      05-07-2019, 08:31 AM   #43
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
14033
Rep
7,067
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
I didn't see the sarcasm so sorry about this, many of the views posted on this site seem racist to me, I wasn't surprised to hear someone say it.

I still don't agree at all with MLK being against all racism towards his race and you pointing out the worst of another group being the same.
No worries! We need a sarcasm emoji! Post-haste.

I still think you're conflating my example. My example was only this: It took more than the marches to change the law. It took the majority population, in this case whites, to influence their representatives to change the law.

I see this congruent with it taking the larger population of muslims to roll back radical islam. It will require them to speak up against terrorism in a vociferous manner rather than saying very little or nothing.

I hope this clarifies my thinking for you.

Cheers-MK
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Appreciate 2
Joekerr4448.50
Run Silent11143.00

      05-07-2019, 08:50 AM   #44
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Joekerr's Avatar
4449
Rep
1,617
Posts

Drives: 2012 300C SRT8
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
No worries! We need a sarcasm emoji! Post-haste.

I still think you're conflating my example. My example was only this: It took more than the marches to change the law. It took the majority population, in this case whites, to influence their representatives to change the law.

I see this congruent with it taking the larger population of muslims to roll back radical islam. It will require them to speak up against terrorism in a vociferous manner rather than saying very little or nothing.

I hope this clarifies my thinking for you.

Cheers-MK
See, the bolded is what I've been saying for a long time. Why do I seem to rarely if ever see it being reported that a plot was foiled because some other Muslim person went to the police and told them about it - turned in the radicals?

I mean, you'd think that if this were happening then the following would be true:
1. This peace loving religion would celebrate and protect these individuals, because they are promoting peace and preventing pain. If indeed it is a "peace loving religion".
2. The media would eat it up, because it is sensational.
3. All the politicians would love it too, because what better way to change the way people's mindset is going (ie. being suspicious of all Muslims) than to show that Muslims are in fact actively fighting against radicals and they are actually on our side. That they don't actually want to see all us infidels blown up and killed.

But I don't see this. I wonder why that is.

I suspect, but haven't bothered to read all the Koran, that there is likely a passage in there saying you can't betray other Muslims. That's a guess, nothing more. Mostly because there is all sorts of wild stuff in there.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
he's Canadian. By international law we all must worship him and all other products of the country.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent11143.00

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST