BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

05-06-2019, 10:16 AM   #45
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djetaine View Post
Not you specifically, but that's the general consensus of this thread, and most of this forum for that matter.
?

I've made that statement many, many times (that Obama shouldn't get credit, and neither should Trump).
      05-06-2019, 11:27 AM   #46
TheWatchGuy
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
?

I've made that statement many, many times (that Obama shouldn't get credit, and neither should Trump).
BUSH GETS THE CREDIT!!!!

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 11:27 AM   #47
Djetaine
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 01 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
?

Sorry, thought you were a different poster.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2019, 11:32 AM   #48
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
I'm this poster:
Attached Images

05-06-2019, 11:34 AM   #49
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
He reminded me of Real Dodger too
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 11:56 AM   #50
TheWatchGuy
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
Right, thats proving my point. The larger point here is that the LFPR has been falling for nearly two decades and that was, by and large, predicted. The single largest contributing factor for it falling, and staying somewhat static (even in the current economy) is demographic patterns. If Trumps economy is as booming as he claims, why have we seen zero movement on LFPR?

*Our current economy is good, don't get me wrong....but its not booming like in prior cycles. Last year was probably the high point for GDP growth and we got 2.9%.
LFPR is not a good metric for employment stats by itself. Its only people actively working or seeking work and isnt going to change significantly moving forward. The countries working demographics arent going to shift as much as they did during the last recession, which brought the decrease of LFPR unless there is another major economic event.

Look for the U5 or U6 rates to get a clearer picture of the actual unemployment, but dont use just one or the other to formulate your conclusion. Taking U1-6 + LFPR shows you a much better picture of the state of employment in the US.

For example, the LFPR rate isnt significantly higher under Trump, but if you look at the U5 or U6 rates during 2014 when it was at 62.8% as well, you see that the unemployment rate was much higher then, which leads to the conclusion that based on a similar percentage of labor force in America, with population increases and an increase of those actually working, that there are significantly more jobs available for Americans than their were 5 years ago.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 2
MKSixer14033.00

05-06-2019, 09:40 PM   #51
other_evolved
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
LFPR is not a good metric for employment stats by itself. Its only people actively working or seeking work and isnt going to change significantly moving forward. The countries working demographics arent going to shift as much as they did during the last recession, which brought the decrease of LFPR unless there is another major economic event.

Look for the U5 or U6 rates to get a clearer picture of the actual unemployment, but dont use just one or the other to formulate your conclusion. Taking U1-6 + LFPR shows you a much better picture of the state of employment in the US.

For example, the LFPR rate isnt significantly higher under Trump, but if you look at the U5 or U6 rates during 2014 when it was at 62.8% as well, you see that the unemployment rate was much higher then, which leads to the conclusion that based on a similar percentage of labor force in America, with population increases and an increase of those actually working, that there are significantly more jobs available for Americans than their were 5 years ago.
I don't disagree with that assessment, but I also wasn't the one who brought it up. Trump referenced it, MKsixer as well indirectly. The overall point is that the job trend line has continued over the past 5+ years, and thats a good thing. U1-U6 have all dropped and continued to do so like they did in the pre-Trump days.

It shouldn't be a surprise that there are more jobs available later in an expansionary cycle than there were earlier. Its an indication that the trend has been kept.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer14033.00

05-06-2019, 09:43 PM   #52
Germanauto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Lexus

My aunt blamed the rising gas prices on Trump.

Like dude can this guy catch a break? The country is in great shape yet people still want to pick on him. These are people who are highly educated, intellectual, and level-headed until politics come to play.
      05-06-2019, 09:50 PM   #53
other_evolved
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
My aunt blamed the rising gas prices on Trump.

Like dude can this guy catch a break? The country is in great shape yet people still want to pick on him. These are people who are highly educated, intellectual, and level-headed until politics come to play.
Right or wrong, every POTUS gets blamed for gas prices.
Appreciate 2
Germanauto3261.00
David70773.00

05-07-2019, 08:13 AM   #54
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
I don't disagree with that assessment, but I also wasn't the one who brought it up. Trump referenced it, MKsixer as well indirectly. The overall point is that the job trend line has continued over the past 5+ years, and thats a good thing. U1-U6 have all dropped and continued to do so like they did in the pre-Trump days.

It shouldn't be a surprise that there are more jobs available later in an expansionary cycle than there were earlier. Its an indication that the trend has been kept.
I wasn't clear but I was stating that it should be used together with U5 and U6 numbers to gain a more clear picture. I will endeavor to be more detailed in the future.

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Appreciate 0