BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-01-2019, 05:40 PM   #89
ynguldyn
Lieutenant Colonel
2400
Rep
1,980
Posts

Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Finally makes sense. You're for lawlessness. Got it.
You gotta work harder on your reading comprehension.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
You are literally saying a lawless society is a good society.
I'm literally saying we should pass laws that would bring all those people into the light.
Quote:
You live in Boston far away from where people experience the adverse effects of illegal immigration. Easy to support it thousands of miles away behind a keyboard.
You have no idea, do you?

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...ed-immigrants/

However, you're right in one thing: we do not experience adverse effects. We accept everyone, protect them from ICE goons as much as we can, and this brings good hard working people here.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 05:44 PM   #90
ynguldyn
Lieutenant Colonel
2400
Rep
1,980
Posts

Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Lovely.
Vote Trump or your daughter will marry a Mexican from Guatemala!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 05:46 PM   #91
******
Banned
United_States
2019
Rep
1,689
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 Msport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
You gotta work harder on your reading comprehension.
I'm literally saying we should pass laws that would bring all those people into the light.

You have no idea, do you?

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...ed-immigrants/

However, you're right in one thing: we do not experience adverse effects. We accept everyone, protect them from ICE goons as much as we can, and this brings good hard working people here.
Why aren’t all you good hard working people from elsewhere transforming your own countries into something that suits you instead of coming here?

The blood of our ancestors created this country... you leave yours.
Appreciate 2
N54Yankee875.00
iconoclast2813.50

      04-01-2019, 06:06 PM   #92
.2pdk
Banned
3994
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Vote Trump or your daughter will get raped by a Mexican from Guatemala!
Fixed for accuracy.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 06:35 PM   #93
PR3CI5N
need4speed
PR3CI5N's Avatar
United_States
469
Rep
1,908
Posts

Drives: 2010 E90 M 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Coast

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
However, you're right in one thing: we do not experience adverse effects. We accept everyone, protect them from ICE goons as much as we can, and this brings good hard working people here.
I'm all for legal immigration. If these "hard working" individuals/families want to come to this country for a better life then, they need to go through the process to become legal American citizens and pay taxes like the rest of us. The fact you want anyone to be able to cross our border and walk our streets without any type of background check, is absurd. I understand that there are good people who cross our borders but to ignore the criminals who also cross, is being ignorant. We need border security and we need to remove illegals who defy the law.
__________________
N54
Appreciate 2
iconoclast2813.50
W211F3045.50

      04-01-2019, 06:39 PM   #94
ynguldyn
Lieutenant Colonel
2400
Rep
1,980
Posts

Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .2pdk View Post
Fixed for accuracy.
I liked you better when you worked at the Department of Opinion Noting. Your work at the Department of Fixing Other People's Posts is not as stellar.
Appreciate 1
      04-01-2019, 06:59 PM   #95
ynguldyn
Lieutenant Colonel
2400
Rep
1,980
Posts

Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
Why arenít all you good hard working people from elsewhere transforming your own countries into something that suits you instead of coming here?
I've sent more money to my country working here than I could ever hope to make there. So it's win-win.
Quote:
The blood of our ancestors created this country... you leave yours.
This would be an appropriate comment if it were made by that ancestor who spilled their own blood (and I'm really hoping they didn't do it while killing Native Americans). Since you're not your ancestor, all you're doing here is demanding respect for the sacrifices made by others. But you aren't entitled to it just because your name sounds English or Irish or Italian (btw: guess which two would be the "wrong" ones if we had this conversation 100 years ago). You only get it if you work hard, are good to your neighbor, pay your taxes, and Make America Better. Your name doesn't matter. Your god (if you have it at all) doesn't matter. How you ended up here doesn't matter.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 07:02 PM   #96
ynguldyn
Lieutenant Colonel
2400
Rep
1,980
Posts

Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3CI5N View Post
I'm all for legal immigration. If these "hard working" individuals/families want to come to this country for a better life then, they need to go through the process to become legal American citizens and pay taxes like the rest of us.
I support this 100%. Let's have laws that allow them to do that.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 07:02 PM   #97
W211F30
Private
United_States
46
Rep
94
Posts

Drives: F30- 335i M
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: SoCal-OC, USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
You gotta work harder on your reading comprehension.
I'm literally saying we should pass laws that would bring all those people into the light.

You have no idea, do you?

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...ed-immigrants/

However, you're right in one thing: we do not experience adverse effects. We accept everyone, protect them from ICE goons as much as we can, and this brings good hard working people here.
Yup, good hard-working people doesn't mean they are above the law... I am also a good-hard working individual, but, I don't get a free pass from a simple speeding ticket. I broke the law and have to face its consequences..

The LAW of the land applies to everybody, not to a select group...

I love this once great State of CA, and I still do. But now it's in great disarray because of its "sanctuary" State status.
Appreciate 1
      04-01-2019, 07:12 PM   #98
ynguldyn
Lieutenant Colonel
2400
Rep
1,980
Posts

Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W211F30 View Post
I love this once great State of CA, and I still do. But now it's in great disarray because of its "sanctuary" State status.
You should have stopped at the previous sentence.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...y-outpaces-u-s
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 07:14 PM   #99
W211F30
Private
United_States
46
Rep
94
Posts

Drives: F30- 335i M
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: SoCal-OC, USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
I support this 100%. Let's have laws that allow them to do that.
Eliminate birth-right to discourage "anchor babies" in exchange for immigration amnesty for the government to generate tax revenues. This is a hard and difficult horse trading. The birth-right was applicable during the time of our founding fathers were we need more people to occupy this vast country.

Migration should be credit-based just like what Canada is doing.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast2813.50

      04-01-2019, 07:23 PM   #100
W211F30
Private
United_States
46
Rep
94
Posts

Drives: F30- 335i M
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: SoCal-OC, USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
You should have stopped at the previous sentence.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...y-outpaces-u-s
I could've stopped at the first sentence, but I would be lying to myself if I did. Our schools are over-crowded as the taxpayers are overburdened to support education and healthcare to name a few.

Last edited by W211F30; 04-01-2019 at 08:12 PM..
Appreciate 1
iconoclast2813.50

      04-01-2019, 07:46 PM   #101
******
Banned
United_States
2019
Rep
1,689
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 Msport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
I've sent more money to my country working here than I could ever hope to make there. So it's win-win.

This would be an appropriate comment if it were made by that ancestor who spilled their own blood (and I'm really hoping they didn't do it while killing Native Americans). Since you're not your ancestor, all you're doing here is demanding respect for the sacrifices made by others. But you aren't entitled to it just because your name sounds English or Irish or Italian (btw: guess which two would be the "wrong" ones if we had this conversation 100 years ago). You only get it if you work hard, are good to your neighbor, pay your taxes, and Make America Better. Your name doesn't matter. Your god (if you have it at all) doesn't matter. How you ended up here doesn't matter.
You come here and send money back? Why aren’t you home defending your country like our ancestors did.? They didn’t slink away to some foreign country just to send money back. That’s not heroic, that’s cowardice.

Can’t answer my questions, can you... obviously not, there’s no defense to what I said.

Also, we, not you, are still spilling our blood... and I did serve in that effort.

So, where did you say what you or your former countrymen were doing to fight for your own country? OH, yeah, you didn’t.

You want to go where somebody else has sacrificed and done the hard work and just move in... screw that....build your own house,
Appreciate 1
iconoclast2813.50

      04-01-2019, 09:26 PM   #102
ynguldyn
Lieutenant Colonel
2400
Rep
1,980
Posts

Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
You come here and send money back? Why arenít you home defending your country like our ancestors did.? They didnít slink away to some foreign country just to send money back. Thatís not heroic, thatís cowardice.
I feel there's some kind of disconnect between you and me. It sounds as if you think I ran away from a war or something. If that's really what you think you're wrong. It was just greed, nothing else.
Quote:
Also, we, not you, are still spilling our blood... and I did serve in that effort.
When you talk about spilling blood for the United States, do you also think about the DACA->MAVNI kids who are now getting kicked out of the army and being deported - after they gave their oath to spill their own blood for this country?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 09:58 PM   #103
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
12523
Rep
6,474
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
You gotta work harder on your reading comprehension.
I'm literally saying we should pass laws that would bring all those people into the light.

You have no idea, do you?

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...ed-immigrants/

However, you're right in one thing: we do not experience adverse effects. We accept everyone, protect them from ICE goons as much as we can, and this brings good hard working people here.
Actually, I don't. Read what you wrote. You said if the immigration is illegal, you're ok with it. Jeeze man. Don't you know what you're posting?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 2
SakhirM48928.00
W211F3045.50

      04-02-2019, 11:02 AM   #104
PR3CI5N
need4speed
PR3CI5N's Avatar
United_States
469
Rep
1,908
Posts

Drives: 2010 E90 M 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Coast

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
I support this 100%. Let's have laws that allow them to do that.
We do. You went through them...
__________________
N54
Appreciate 3
iconoclast2813.50
lakefront150.50
******2019.00

      04-03-2019, 07:58 PM   #105
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
iconoclast's Avatar
No_Country
2814
Rep
3,364
Posts

Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB RR
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: In, Out & Around...

iTrader: (0)

"Obama DHS secretary says border crisis is real: 'I cannot begin to imagine' 4K apprehensions per day"

Former DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson is breathing a sigh of relief that his time overseeing border security issues is long gone.

President Trump and current DHS chief Kirstjen Nielsen received some emotional support on Friday for the stress involved with securing the U.S. border with Mexico.

Mr. Johnson rejected the idea that Republicans are manufacturing a crisis when it comes to apprehensions of illegal immigrants.

"When I was in office at Kirstjen Nielsen's job, at her desk, I'd get to work around 6:30 in the morning and there'd be my intelligence book, sitting on my desk,” Mr. Johnson told MSNBC "Morning Joe” crew on Friday. "The PDB and also the apprehension numbers from the day before. And I'd look at them every morning - and my staff will tell you if it was under 1,000 apprehensions the day before that was a relatively good number. And if it was above 1,000 that was a relatively bad number and I was going to be in a bad mood the whole day.”

Mr. Johnson then pivoted to what he now sees as a giant conundrum.

"On Tuesday there were 4,000 apprehensions,” he said. "I know that a thousand overwhelms the system."

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...l-i-cannot-be/
Appreciate 1
******2019.00

      04-04-2019, 06:04 AM   #106
cmyx6go
Major
cmyx6go's Avatar
1551
Rep
1,051
Posts

Drives: 2019 X6 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Still waiting for the MSM or the Democratic Senators and Congressmen to go to the border and broadcast what they see as they say it is a manufactured crisis.
__________________
I thought I was a good person but the way I react when people drive slowly in the left lane would suggest otherwise
Appreciate 1
iconoclast2813.50

      04-04-2019, 10:55 AM   #107
PR3CI5N
need4speed
PR3CI5N's Avatar
United_States
469
Rep
1,908
Posts

Drives: 2010 E90 M 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Coast

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Still waiting for the MSM or the Democratic Senators and Congressmen to go to the border and broadcast what they see as they say it is a manufactured crisis.
Come on now, we all know that'll never happen #fakenews
__________________
N54
Appreciate 1
SakhirM48928.00

      04-04-2019, 12:31 PM   #108
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
6983
Rep
6,855
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
"When I was in office at Kirstjen Nielsen's job, at her desk, I'd get to work around 6:30 in the morning and there'd be my intelligence book, sitting on my desk,Ē
Did he just admit to his/staff neglect of sensitive data???
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 12:44 PM   #109
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
iconoclast's Avatar
No_Country
2814
Rep
3,364
Posts

Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB RR
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: In, Out & Around...

iTrader: (0)

Hahaha... seems like it but I have no idea how any of that works.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 12:54 PM   #110
Uber Commuter
Lieutenant
Uber Commuter's Avatar
441
Rep
418
Posts

Drives: 2014 328D xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Pretty confident in saying the private office of the Secretary of Homeland Security is in a secure and 24/7 manned space; but I could be wrong...
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST