BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

02-15-2019, 07:44 PM   #23
wjjkoevoets
Bright Sky
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i (8AT)

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
I think someone on Reddit made a pretty decent argument:
Quote:
His story makes absolutely no sense.

He claims he was attacked outside a Subway at 2am on one of the coldest nights of the year (was around -20 degrees that night) by two random people while he was talking to his manager on his phone. These two random people happened to be carrying a noose and bleach with them, and shouted "this is MAGA country" while attacking him. He chooses not to report this to the police, until 45 minutes later when he returns to his hotel and a friend convinces him to report it.

This starts to fall apart in many different ways. First, there was no physical sign of an attack (except for the noose) and even his sandwich remained perfectly intact. Despite his own statement to the police that he did not want to report the crime until almost an hour later when a friend convinced him, when the police arrived he was still wearing the noose. He told the police that he didn't take it off because he wanted to preserve evidence of a crime he didn't want to report in the first place until he was convinced to do so almost an hour later. This makes no sense. While Smollett was off camera for a few minutes, there was no one coming or going from that area captured by the surrounding cameras.

It also happened to occur in one of the most camera-intensive areas of Chicago. Despite the police reviewing hundreds of hours of footage for an event could have only occurred within a few minutes time frame, they could not find anyone at all that even remotely resembled the described suspects. It's not like it was hard to pick them out in a crowd, it was 2am in Chicago in -20degree weather; the streets were barren. There was absolutely no one walking around carrying rope and bleach at that time in the surrounding area. Literally the only 2 people the police could find on the cameras were two black men who could not possibly be the suspects from Smollett's description.

Further, since it was -20degrees outside, anybody outside would be wearing heavy winter clothing. It's pretty hard to imagine (but not impossible) that two hardcore MAGA supporters would recognize a c-list celebrity (who normally lives in California, so not a local) that was bundled in winter clothes from Empire. Not only that, but they recognized him while carrying bleach and rope at 2am walking around random streets in Chicago.
Now until the Chicago Police Department formally states that the he made up the story, I'm not jumping on the "he made it up" bandwagon just yet, but goddamnit... it sure does look like he's full of shit.

EDIT: Also the fact that he's not very forthcoming with his phone records doesn't exactly help his case either.

Let us die young let us live forever! Carpe diem.
When the sky is bright we dance to infinity!
Appreciate 2
Torgus1785.00

02-16-2019, 06:32 AM   #24
Delta0311
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
how long did it take Kamala Harris and Spartacus to call this a lynching?
not long, apparently
Anti-lynching bill? Lynching is already illegal.
You can detect right away those that are going to be shaky, and that will fall behind and those that are very hungry, and that hunger you will have to develop. You gotta create a goal for yourself whatever that may be, a short term goal and a long term goal and you gotta go after that. And if you donít see it, and if you donít believe it, who else will?
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 2
      02-16-2019, 06:50 AM   #25
jimbobiggens
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Garage List
Aaaand now they are released without charges......Starting to look like a completely made-up story.
https://pagesix.com/2019/02/15/niger...thout-charges/

02-16-2019, 07:39 AM   #26
N54Yankee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Somethings rotten in Chi-town. I'm thinking it very well might be a case of coverup to protect the trump haters.
Chicago PD chief, mayor of the city and the gov are all anti trump anti Republican. We'll see how it plays out. P
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.Ē Samuel Adams
Appreciate 1
Delta03117065.00

02-16-2019, 07:51 AM   #27
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [5.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
iirc he was getting written off of the show, because he was a shit actor. Those two brother's one was an extra on the show. He probably convinced them to do this so he would be 'popular' and help them get roles in empire or his next gig. The brother's desperately wanted to be actors. He played them, the police, and the dumb ass liberal media with his fake racist maga hating made up attack.

He should be charged 2x the normal sentence for a hate crime.

https://www.losangelesblade.com/2018...ite-boyfriend/

https://abc7chicago.com/sources-poli...thers/5138497/

He calls himself the gay tupac what a loser.

Non of his story makes any sense as was quoted above.

I will be bullshit if they let him walk and say they can't find the attackers.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 08:01 AM   #28
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

99% sure:

'Make it go away'
Rahm.

Chicago lol.
      02-16-2019, 01:24 PM   #29
TTony
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E60 M5, '06 IS350

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjkoevoets View Post
Further, since it was -20degrees outside, anybody outside would be wearing heavy winter clothing. It's pretty hard to imagine (but not impossible) that two hardcore MAGA supporters would recognize a c-list celebrity (who normally lives in California, so not a local) that was bundled in winter clothes from Empire. Not only that, but they recognized him while carrying bleach and rope at 2am walking around random streets in Chicago.
The freezing point of bleach is +18F.
Appreciate 3
Run Silent11143.00
dsad1661.50
Now_Rudi5747.00

02-16-2019, 02:32 PM   #30
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

"Liberal".....about never having to say you're sorry. ever.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Torgus1785.00
de Witt18.00

02-16-2019, 04:01 PM   #31
N54Yankee
Captain
United_States
Rep

New development- just being reported, detectives have evidence that the two Nigerian fellas bought the rope used in the 'racist attack' from a local ace hardware store. The two bros then agreed to cooperate. Not 100% confirmed at this point but we'll see how it shakes out.
The empire actor guy lawyered up, interesting.
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.Ē Samuel Adams
Appreciate 4
Run Silent11143.00
Poiseuille2740.50
MKSixer14033.00

02-16-2019, 04:11 PM   #32
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
New development- just being reported, detectives have evidence that the two Nigerian fellas bought the rope used in the 'racist attack' from a local ace hardware store. The two bros then agreed to cooperate. Not 100% confirmed at this point but we'll see how it shakes out.
The empire actor guy lawyered up, interesting.
From TMZ, so holding breath with how reliable this is, but:

Attorney Gloria Schmidt was at the Chicago police station Friday night, after her clients, Ola and Abel Osundairo, were released from custody. Schmidt said the "new evidence" that triggered the release of her clients was something they knew and presumably told cops.

Our photog asked Schmidt flat out if the "attack" was staged, and she answered obliquely, saying there were moving parts and she didn't want to speculate.

As we reported, Ola and Abel both worked on "Empire," and Abel was especially friendly with Jussie.

And, something else interesting ... she wouldn't answer why her clients went to Nigeria the day of the alleged attack, but added it was a "great question."

She said she didn't want to speak for her clients because they had a story to tell "when the time is right." That clearly sounds like they have inside information about what went down at Jussie's apartment building.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/16/jussi...ttack-release/
MKSixer14033.00

02-16-2019, 04:40 PM   #33
N54Yankee
Captain
United_States
Rep

I heard it on another network so it's making the rounds which is good.

Agreed, they likely have vid of the guys shopping for just the right type of rope for that a white lynch mob would use. Sounds to me like they have written, taped confessions at the precinct at this point and I hope they took their passports. Don't want these dudes skipping. Good thing Jussie or whatever his name lawyered up, and for his sake I hope he has a good one. I think he's going to need it.

If this story pans out I'm curious to see how the left handles it, especially Booker and Harris. Should be good ammo for the election coming up and at the least laugh worthy.
Appreciate 4
Run Silent11143.00
Delta03117065.00
arkie6300.50

02-16-2019, 05:00 PM   #34
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Agreed, they likely have vid of the guys shopping for just the right type of rope for that a white lynch mob would use. Sounds to me like they have written, taped confessions at the precinct at this point and I hope they took their passports. Don't want these dudes skipping. Good thing Jussie or whatever his name lawyered up, and for his sake I hope he has a good one. I think he's going to need it.

If this story pans out I'm curious to see how the left handles it, especially Booker and Harris. Should be good ammo for the election coming up and at the least laugh worthy.
I'm trying to avoid jumping the gun like so many others do. Hence, I will reserve judgement until the outcome is more solid and confirmed.

MKSixer14033.00

02-16-2019, 05:24 PM   #35
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Quote:

So this is my prediction, based on a somewhat similar story in Toronto about a year ago. A young muslim girl wearing a hijab reported being attacked by racists who tried to take her hijab off and assaulted her while shouting racist remarks. This happened while she was on her way to school. Police were called and the investigation began, the MSM, Mayor of Toronto, Premier of Ontario and Prime Minister were all suitable outraged. The investigation revealed that the whole thing was made up. Afterwards, to a one they all said that we have to take these things seriously and that it was a shame about this and then went on to apologize and make excuses for the young girl. I suspect the media won't condemn this, at least not to the extent that will make anyone happy.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/star...in-canada.html
Appreciate 3
N54Yankee1327.50
Poiseuille2740.50
MKSixer14033.00

02-16-2019, 06:09 PM   #36
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

"....curious to see how the Left will handle it.."

that's easy: they will ignore it. like it never happened.
Appreciate 2
N54Yankee1327.50
arkie6300.50

02-16-2019, 08:46 PM   #37
NickyC
Major General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
So this is my prediction, based on a somewhat similar story in Toronto about a year ago. A young muslim girl wearing a hijab reported being attacked by racists who tried to take her hijab off and assaulted her while shouting racist remarks. This happened while she was on her way to school. Police were called and the investigation began, the MSM, Mayor of Toronto, Premier of Ontario and Prime Minister were all suitable outraged. The investigation revealed that the whole thing was made up. Afterwards, to a one they all said that we have to take these things seriously and that it was a shame about this and then went on to apologize and make excuses for the young girl. I suspect the media won't condemn this, at least not to the extent that will make anyone happy.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/star...in-canada.html
This shit happens all the time, as in...ALL THE TIME. I believe this is just the first time somebody with a bit of fame tried to pull the stunt.

I hope they lock this lying POS away for as long as allowed. What an absolutely worthless human being, there is no excuse at all for this crap.
Appreciate 1
Poiseuille2740.50

02-17-2019, 06:36 AM   #38
R N M
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
The guy has posted some vile remarks on his Twitter ever since Trump was elected.

The sad part is he is a GAY BLACK actor who probably never faced any real oppression so he had to manufacture it. I donít get why these rich self entitled celebrities have so much anger against white people and especially Trump, he was beloved by them before he ran for office!
Appreciate 3
MKSixer14033.00
arkie6300.50

02-17-2019, 06:54 AM   #39
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

I don't think this has been posted.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...upport_me.html

Rambling nonsense.
Put the shovel down!
      02-17-2019, 07:01 AM   #40
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep

so here's a look at the level of interest the MSM had in this case up to the 14th.
anyone care to guess how much interest they'll have in it this week?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 07:06 AM   #41
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

If this was another example of a faked "racist" or "anti-religion" crime, I can't for the life of me figure how these folks think they'll get away with it. The truth always seems to come out in the wash - ESPECIALLY when you involve accomplices.

It's not looking good for this dude from Empire and if it's all a hoax, that's a kick in the balls to everyone who has actually experienced something similar.
Appreciate 8
Run Silent11143.00
Delta03117065.00
SakhirM49310.00
MKSixer14033.00
arkie6300.50
Now_Rudi5747.00
Poiseuille2740.50

02-17-2019, 07:23 AM   #42
2000cs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

from USA TODAY:

Police: Two brothers told investigators they were paid by Jussie Smollett to stage attack

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ck/2895099002/
Appreciate 5
Run Silent11143.00
Delta03117065.00
MKSixer14033.00
arkie6300.50
Now_Rudi5747.00

02-17-2019, 08:16 AM   #43
Mason Hatcher
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Smollett's costar had just won a star on the walk of fame a day or two before this fake assault. Could that have been the trigger for his need for attention?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 08:23 AM   #44
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
from USA TODAY:

Police: Two brothers told investigators they were paid by Jussie Smollett to stage attack

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ck/2895099002/
Well that seems to pretty much conclude this, now doesn't it?

Makes me so mad. Hope he gets the book thrown at him.
Delta03117065.00
MKSixer14033.00
dsad1661.50
arkie6300.50
Now_Rudi5747.00