BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-03-2017, 04:13 PM   #23
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin__ View Post
Lmao you guys never fail to amuse me. FYI Not looking for money I already have 2 streams was just curious if people only had one job.
Don't you want 3?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 08:49 PM   #24
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

I need a new income.

I was thinking of calling those numbers on the signs that are written in black marker that say things like, "Want to make an extra $5,000-10,000 per month! Call this number"

Anyone have experience with that?
Appreciate 1
SakhirM410783.00
      01-03-2017, 11:22 PM   #25
TheNus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Let's see, I have the import/export stream, the chemical engineering stream, the shipping stream, wholesale and retail distribution and collection services.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 03:13 AM   #26
dzvero
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M$4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
The OP sounds like the beginning of a Nigerian prince scam email.
So true
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 06:44 AM   #27
saleen556
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Absolutely! My wife and I both have good jobs but have been promoters for a health and wellness company for a little over 2 years. I will just say it's been life changing. With the internet there are plenty of ways to make a significant side income without a lot of time.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 07:20 AM   #28
RABAUKE
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2014 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
Ive got several streams i manage.

One for midgets, one for bbws, one for horses. Just whatever the viewing public wants.
I hate when this happens.....
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
upstatedoc7555.50
MKSixer34173.50
shay2nak1070.00
      01-04-2017, 08:03 PM   #29
Kevin__
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: N/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
Don't you want 3?
Yup
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 08:13 PM   #30
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
I'll occasionally have multiple streams first thing in the morning. Can really make a mess if you aren't paying attention.
My personal best has been 4. Not a drop where the streams were intended.
Appreciate 2
RJ_1202.50
Biorin2784.50
      01-04-2017, 08:37 PM   #31
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep

I am not greedy as I just want one income stream.

Rich mommy and daddy stream.

I have seen that work really well for many teenagers around here.
Appreciate 3
F30lolz6798.50
MKSixer34173.50
      01-04-2017, 08:48 PM   #32
saleen556
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

I always find it funny how people can't think outside the box. You can sell your time or a product. Your time is limited and many products have unlimited potential.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 08:29 AM   #33
Kevin__
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: N/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post

Theirs alot of that here in Miami lol
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 12:01 PM   #34
Mr. Tasty
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 335i Mperformance

Fucking Kevin, man.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 12:31 PM   #35
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post

"I've just turn 17 and was awarded my license. Should I go with a Koenigsegg One:1? I think it's the perfect starter car for me, however, it lacks a back seat as I need it to haul my other rich friends around. McLaren F1 LM? I've heard that only 5 exist? I'll have to beg my father that I'll be a good boy from now on, though no back seat in that one as well, though I can fit two others in the car with me. Think that'll get me attention at local car meets? Can anyone point me in the right direction with a 4-door car with the flash as the two already mentioned cars? I need to top my neighbor who just purchased a used Nisan Versa for their daughter as her first car. And no, I still haven't hit it yet "

Back on topic, I thought about getting a dealer license, going to auctions and buying/flipping cars on the side. I wouldn't mind doing that but not sure if you need a lot for this? Can't do it out of the house?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 01:17 PM   #36
Matt@EuroJerks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Jeep Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
"I've just turn 17 and was awarded my license. Should I go with a Koenigsegg One:1? I think it's the perfect starter car for me, however, it lacks a back seat as I need it to haul my other rich friends around. McLaren F1 LM? I've heard that only 5 exist? I'll have to beg my father that I'll be a good boy from now on, though no back seat in that one as well, though I can fit two others in the car with me. Think that'll get me attention at local car meets? Can anyone point me in the right direction with a 4-door car with the flash as the two already mentioned cars? I need to top my neighbor who just purchased a used Nisan Versa for their daughter as her first car. And no, I still haven't hit it yet "

Back on topic, I thought about getting a dealer license, going to auctions and buying/flipping cars on the side. I wouldn't mind doing that but not sure if you need a lot for this? Can't do it out of the house?
You need a lot of cash on hand to be effective.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 02:03 PM   #37
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Back in MI you couldn't do it on your primary residence if you were to sell over "X" amount of cars, can't recall how many but it wasn't a lot. You had to have your own industrial building with a lot, that was of course needed approval by the county.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 02:14 PM   #38
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
You need to check on the laws for where you live. Everything from zoning laws on running a business out of your house where customers come, to too many cars located on your residential property to legal issues you may want to consider including creating a business and getting insurance for liability issues, (getting sued, having cars stolen). I don't think standard car insurance on your personal car are going to cover the 4 used cars you have for sale and the random people driving or driving off with them. Some of this depends on how much risk your are willing to take and how much you have to lose.

If you are talking about buying a car, selling it and repeating the process the problems (and possible profit) go way down.
      01-05-2017, 02:41 PM   #39
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
You need to check on the laws for where you live. Everything from zoning laws on running a business out of your house where customers come, to too many cars located on your residential property to legal issues you may want to consider including creating a business and getting insurance for liability issues, (getting sued, having cars stolen). I don't think standard car insurance on your personal car are going to cover the 4 used cars you have for sale and the random people driving or driving off with them. Some of this depends on how much risk your are willing to take and how much you have to lose.

If you are talking about buying a car, selling it and repeating the process the problems (and possible profit) go way down.
I was thinking of one car per month and see where it leads, however, I'll google my area about the laws and go from there.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 02:45 PM   #40
dzvero
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M$4 F82

In CAli its 2-3 cars you can sell per year if not licensed
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 02:51 PM   #41
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin__ View Post
Do you believe in multiple income streams? and do you have more than one??

Just curious because I believe in that.
No. Everyone knows they're more mythical than unicorns.
      01-05-2017, 02:58 PM   #42
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

My household has three income streams, my full time job and my wife has two part time jobs that equal one full time. I have suggested she get another part time job as I would like to have more income and this seems to be the easiest way.
PoorLurker1136.50
      01-05-2017, 06:37 PM   #43
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

There are about 10 kids (late teens/early 20s) locally who have quite the nice cars. McLaren, Ferrari, Lambo, etc...

I look at them get out of their car and think WOW! However, I am more impressed at the fact that they can literally eat out every meal and not worry about it impacting their finances one bit, hahaha.

I would love to get a dealers license and flip cars like that, however, I don't like selling things to people.

I wouldn't be a great salesman because I am not aggressive and would always try to be charitable to people who I think deserve it.

ex. Have a car worth $10k and a hard working college student with a good head on his shoulders shows up, I'd want to give him a discount to help him out.

I also heard of other issues like the cost of maintaining a licenses, taxes, etc. that doesn't make it financially worth it for someone in my position.

Plus with the booming economy, loans are flowing prettily easily again and many seem to try and leverage themselves in to the entrepreneurial life. I guess they want something called multiple income streams, anyone heard of this ideal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
My household has three income streams, my full time job and my wife has two part time jobs that equal one full time. I have suggested she get another part time job as I would like to have more income and this seems to be the easiest way.
My house has three income streams then too. 1) Her pay 2) My pay 3) the allowance she gives me
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 06:53 PM   #44
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Multiple streams, yes. Multiple jobs in different fields, no.

I believe in doing something that you love so much that you don't want to do anything else. I believe in having a job that pays me way more if I invest more time into it than if I do something "on the side" that pays me a fraction of the pay. Given the amount of years I've invested moving up the ladder and honing my craft, I would think that taking up some side gig would not come close to paying me enough to eat up any downtime from my career.

Essentially, I value my free time to spend with my family and friends, and I have worked too hard to be where I am to take up another job. If I had the kind of time and energy to have a second job, then I'm not doing enough in my career to move it forward for the bigger paycheck. Always moving up.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0