BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-24-2016, 03:39 PM   #23
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
The accountant in our HQ when I worked in telecom was a bit of a prankster and always had everyone on the back foot in the office.

I decided that enough was enough one day and went into the office early with a few conspirators to touch up his office. We went to storage and got about 30 or 40 chairs and stacked them in his office from floor to ceiling making certain the legs and backs were interlocked in the most complicated manner possible. The final touch was getting a couple hundred feet of CAT IV cable and interlacing it in the whole mess.

When he came in and opened the door he just laughed and started working to clear the entire mess. It took him about an hour to clear it. His reprisal was to pour about a billion paper clips into my brief case about a week later. I was still finding paper clips about 10 years later. The damn things get everywhere.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2016, 10:01 PM   #24
dzvero
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M$4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4 View Post
If anyone wants a quick laugh... Here's a vid my friend took. Plz note the guy featured in this video is a complete dumbass. We also flipped his desktop upside via alt+arrow up (or something like that). Dude couldnt figure it out so literally turned his monitor upside down and used it like that for a while

Thats a good prank. I like it
Once we wrapped my boss's cubicle with two big rolls of alloy foil . Every single piece was wrapped separately .
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2016, 03:00 AM   #25
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I did a couple.

I pulled all the keys off a coworker's keyboard and laid them out exactly how they would be on his desktop. When he arrived the next morning, it took a second for him to figure out something wasn't right.

Same office. Some background. A new girl started there and somehow we got into a teasing/prank war with each other. There was an escalation on each successive prank. Well, one day I went into the men's room and saw my slam dunk gem. The facilities guys had just replaced a toilet seat and left it in the trash. I picked it out of the garbage and managed to sneak it down the hall of the office without anyone noticing. I left it on her seat with a roll of toilet paper on the arm rest. The toilet seat came complete with brown stains. The guys at the office were both amused and horrified. They said I needed to take the toilet seat away as they said there was a line and I jumped clear of it. I finally gave in and took the toilet seat away. The next morning, she was joking how she could one up me. All the guys told her that she needs to keep it in check because she has no idea how far I would go. She laughed and said whatever. It was funny in many ways. One that I shocked people on how far I would go and two it was a prank she was in the dark about to this day.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 02:30 AM   #26
wuufer001
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 M/T

Garage List
2006 325i  [9.34]
at my previous job we had offices with windows that can see employees parked cars. well somehow i think my coworker left her car keys by accident on my desk. while she was in her cube, my other coworker and i took her keys and parked her car on the other side of the building. needless to say we told her before she called the cops lol
      12-28-2016, 04:55 AM   #27
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I forgot another one I did.

There was a guy that everyone ragged on at some level. He took it in stride. So I started to mess with him with these things I bought...RF remote controlled fart machines. I had the first and the second version. I would hide them in his cube and set them off randomly. We would all die just watching him tearing apart his cube looking for them. I had one hidden in his subwoofer sound system connected to his PC. And other locations I had them in the cubical walls. I would move the location every night to keep him guessing.

The funniest thing was he knew it was me but couldn't pin it directly to me. I would hand off the remotes to other coworkers and they would set them off when I was showing him I had nothing in my hands. The time I remember the most was when he was obviously macking with a woman on the phone. I set off the fart machines together and I almost died laughing because he had paused his conversation as the woman on the other line heard the noise.

Of course, I couldn't let his last day at the office when he was changing jobs go untainted. He shook my hand and we said our goodbyes. As he was walking out the door, I set off the fart machines again. LOL. The greatest thing was he never once found any of them.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 06:02 AM   #28
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

When I worked for WMZQ, we hired a guy named John to work in the promotions department. I started a rumor that he spelled his name with two 'h's, so for the three years that he worked there everyone always called him "Johhhhhhhn".
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 08:41 AM   #29
CANGRKE70
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5

At work we have a sweet table, that everyone from my group contributes. We have chocolate, chips, popcorn, drinks etc.

Over the past couple of months we've seen people from other groups coming by and taking stuff without replenishing. This happens more often when someone brings in a box of donuts.

So my team and I thought enough was enough. We bought donuts and filled them with Spicy Ketchup and Hot Mustard and waited. Everyone from my team was aware, and this was the result.

Not one person complained or fessed up to eating the donuts, although a couple WTF were heard in the office that day.
Appreciate 3
Habber3515.00
Xtabi1701.50
3GFX722.50
      12-28-2016, 10:15 AM   #30
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
We hired a new engineer in the office. I'm in sales, so usually those 2 do not go together, but I knew immediately this guy was a different kind of asshat - just like me. We bonded immediately and the office paid for it.

There were many, but our best was one of us saw an ad for one of those random noise generators and we immediately ordered one. When we got it it had a cricket setting and we changed the use we bought it for. It was very tiny and had a magnet, so you could literally hide it anywhere. We put it in this VERY OCD accountants cubicle. It would just go off randomly all day long, but 5-15 minutes in between so you could never pinpoint it. She complained all day and looked for the pest. The other girls started mocking her for it, so we stayed late every few nights and moved it to their desks and they started having fits about it. They were all talking about this cricket all day for weeks. We finally moved it back to the OCD accountants desk one night and my asshat partner was gone the next day. I came in and she had brought in a can of raid and had every single piece of her desk tore into pieces (all the wire hides and everything) and was hosing it all down with the can. It would not go off for awhile and she would proclaim "I think I got it!" only to have it go off a minute later and she would start hosing it all down again. This was right outside my office door, so I had a front row seat and was texting a play by play and pics to my partner all day. I was in tears. She SWORE it was moving all over her desk all day. At one point she had the cover off where it was hidden and when I walked by I could see it easily, but she never saw it.

This was weeks before xmas so about 3-4 days before xmas we removed it. At the company xmas party we wrapped it up from "Santa" to "all the office ladies". When they opened it there was a note attached showing them which button to press. When they did and that cricket sound went off they all screamed and immediately looked right at us. We were on the floor rolling. It was one of the longest pranks I have ever done and came off perfectly. That guy finally quit - I still miss him. He was here 6 years and the girls told that story at his going away party to the new people who were not here. Even they thought it was good. I still hear about the cricket occasionally.
      12-28-2016, 10:31 AM   #31
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Back in my days as an insurance claims guy, we faked a bad faith lawsuit naming one of the supervising adjusters as a personal defendant using a claimant as the plaintiff who had complained about him to Head Office. Some people told me I should feel guilty because it drove him back to smoking ... I don't ...
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2016, 09:39 AM   #32
Xtabi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

I was in an engineering graphics class at Ohio State in the late 90s. The classroom had PCs on top of each desk that we would use for AutoCAD.

About halfway through the quarter my friend and I discovered the wonderful things known as viruses. We got to class 20 minutes early one day and installed it on all of the PCs.

This is where the epic fun began! :

We sat in the back of the class and could see all of the havoc unfold.

The virus allowed you to bring up a program on your PC that gave you a ton of options of actions to take on the other pcs.

Some Examples:

Open/close the cd rom tray
Disable any key on the keyboard
Pop up system messages with whatever text you like
See exactly what the person is typing
Play sounds
Open any .exe

So we started off with just one PC. We popped open the CDROM drive door. The girl immediately closed it... We opened it again... She quickly closed it. We popped a message up that read 'Warning: Please leave the CDROM door open for 1 minute before closing in order to avoid harm to your operating system.' Then we opened it again. She paused and did not close it right away. Hahaha!

Another time we disabled a few vowels on the keyboard. You would see people getting SOOOO frustrated. A lot of huffing and puffing as they mashed their backspace key! Omg sooo funny!

During a test we watched what some people were typing for answers. We then sent a system popup that read 'The answer given for question 3. is not entirely correct. Please try again.'

During in class work we would pop up a message saying something like 'On a scale from 1-9 please rate this class. Your answers are greatly appreciated and strictly confidential.' We would then watch what they entered. And then ask followup questions.

Here are some things we did near the end of the quarter since we figured they may reveal the secret:

Popped up a message on a girls PC that read 'I've liked you for a long time but I'm to shy to tell you in person. Can I get your number?'. At the same time my friend popped up a message on some guys PC that said 'Quick! Look to your right!!!'. They then made eye contact! Hahahaha!!!

We set one of the keys, when hit, to play an MP3 of Jay-Z song. Of course we made sure the internal PC speaker was set to max volume!

We opened each CDROM tray one at a time down one row of pcs and up the next. It was like the radio city music dancers with the high kicking. Omg sooo funny! People were like wtf?!?!

There are a ton of other things we did. The hardest thing was trying not to die laughing in each class. Omg it was the most fun I have ever had. Some days my eyes were watering from internally laughing that I had to leave the class.
      12-29-2016, 10:05 AM   #33
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Mine are pretty simple and usually involve helping someone feel alive.

A few years ago, i had my paintball gun serviced and tanks filled for some weekend fun. It looks like and HK MP5 with a suppressor on it and has a full auto trigger. As my warehouse guy was driving the fork lift outside, i hid in a blind spot in the warehouse. When he was walking towards the office door i opened fire on him (without paint balls, just a bunch of noise) and his reaction could have been in a movie as if he were being shot up in a drive by. lol He thought it was funny too, after a few minutes anyway.

I used to have another warehouse guy who was more into pranks. He put a Ford license plate on the front of my LandRover one time. So i got a magnet that said, "I'm not gay, buy my boyfriend is." and put it on the passenger side of his Dodge Ram pick up. He drove around with it on the truck for 2 days before seeing it.

Same guy manipulated an email i sent him to make it seem like i was coming out of the closet to him and then responded to it but copied everyone in the office. So i got some kids sticker kit that has 1/4" letters in it. On the window between the his office and the warehouse, i used those stickers to write a 12 sentence paragraph about how he's secretly gay and lusts over the asses of many of our installers. Each letter was individually stuck to the glass, and i used a rubber roller to press them on really well. That window just happens to be where our installers go to talk to him when they arrive.

We'd also set booby traps for other people as well. Tying firecrackers to doors so they go off when people open them. Or making a bucket of paperclips dump all over someone when they opened their door. It got to the point that when i left the office i'd leave a thread or something in my door so i could tell if someone had opened my door. lol
      12-29-2016, 10:10 AM   #34
3GFX
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

There was quite a few up there, so I don't know if these were done already but these are ones I've done in the past.

-Take your co-workers keys in the morning. Slip a pen through the keyring and place over a mug of water with the keys dangling within (be careful of fobs and other items, don't put them in the water obviously). Place mug in freezer. Give back to person at end of day.

-Flip all of co works items upside down. Screen, keyboard, printers, documents, pictures. Everything.

-Tinfoil wrap items on desk or whole chair.

-While co worker leave computer open...email boss
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 10:49 AM   #35
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Not at work, but a few months ago I went to see my father and as I went though the small town he lives in, I noticed that he was at the coffee shop - not a huge shock. I walked in and there he was at the "round table" where all the 1,000 year old guys go to drink coffee and talk about how stupid kids these days are.

I could tell right away that something was up as my dad had a shit eating grin on his face. There is a guy that is always there that my dad loves and says he pranks people all the time and pisses off all the old grouchy bastards that come in and sit with them. There was a plate of food with no one sitting at it and by the time I grabbed a chair and sat down, the guy came back and it was one of the above mentioned grouchy bastards.

I could tell by my dad and this pranksters faces they were up to something and then as soon as the grouchy bastard (GB) lifted his fork to his mouth a car alarm started going off. Of course no one looks like always, but my dad and the prankster REALLY did not look, so I know the prank was under way. Finally another GB by the window yelled at the GB at our table to tell him it is his car. He feels around for his keys and not finding them walks outside. Everyone at our table started laughing and the prankster held up the GB keys he had swiped while he was in the bathroom and left them on the table.

He turns the alarm off and GB comes back in. Of course one more bite and it goes off again. Back out, alarm stops, back in, one bite alarm - you get it. Finally he locks the car and leaves the alarm on. Now the GB walks all the way to his car and thinks he locked his keys in the car. He is walking around it, trying all the doors CUSSING up a storm at himself. Everyone in the cafe is in on it at this time and laughing their asses off. Now GB is on the phone with his wife, asking her to bring his other set of keys up, etc.

Just watching these old bored guys getting this much enjoyment and laughing this hard made my whole week.

They finally tossed the keys under the table and had someone besides the prankster to say "Hey GB, are these your keys right here?". Don't think the guy every figured out they pranked him and that everyone in the cafe was in on it.