BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

05-09-2019, 08:36 PM   #67
IllSic_Design
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savageenterprise View Post
I really think things like this happen because kids don’t have those fist fights or scuffles anymore. Kids are raised to avoid conflict and back down to opposition and they just bottle things up until they snap.

When I was in school we’d get in a fist fight, somebody won and that was that
This is exactly it
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2019, 09:37 PM   #68
Genieman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive

Overprotective parents prevent their kids from learning how to properly deal with loss, set backs, conflicts, and fights. Combined with an environment where parents can't intervene (the internet) and you create an environment where kids can't be protected from something they never learned how to deal with.
Appreciate 4
      05-09-2019, 09:38 PM   #69
N54Yankee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savageenterprise View Post
I really think things like this happen because kids don’t have those fist fights or scuffles anymore. Kids are raised to avoid conflict and back down to opposition and they just bottle things up until they snap.

When I was in school we’d get in a fist fight, somebody won and that was that
That's normal kids, mostly what we're seeing now is kids with serious mental illness going through their childhood with little parental direction, discipline or mental health help and oversight.
Kids like the one in Sandy Hooks Adam Lansa and the one Aurora just to mention two show us that the mental system health has broken down. They're ticking time bombs that should be monitored thoroughly and often or off the streets all together. IMO.
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams

Last edited by N54Yankee; 05-10-2019 at 07:39 AM..
Appreciate 4
      05-10-2019, 06:26 AM   #70
Savageenterprise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
That's normal kids, mostly what we're seeing now is kids with serious mental illness going through their childhood with little parental direction, discipline or mental health help and oversight.
Kids like the one in Sandy Hooks Adam Lansa and the one Araura just to mention two show us that the mental system health has broken down. They're ticking time bombs that should be monitored thoroughly and often or off the streets all together. IMO.
This is partly true. But I just heard on the news the other day about another school shooting that was prevented before it happened and it was literally 3 kids, I mean we’re talking children who should be on their bicycle playing with friends, plotting to kill their bullies and the teachers who let the bullying go down.

Maybe the perfect trio of mentally ill kids? Maybe 3 kids who were just pushed past their limits, didn’t know how to deal with the confrontation on spot and let it get to the point of snapping.

As for the Sandy Hook thing....Mental illness is real but the fact of the matter is that 99% of parents are in denial of how serious their child’s condition may be and this is what leads to tragedies. That kid at Sandy Hook never in a million years should ever have had access to a gun...easy to point blame from outside looking in but the fact that that lady let him have all those guns was main factor of that whole thing happening.

2018 340ix 6MT//BSM//Coral Red int//Alum Dark Carbon//19 in 704M double spoke Orbit Grey OEM wheels//CF side mirror caps//CF trunk lid spoiler//Dinan mid pipe res delete//BMS intake//Active Autowerke A8//Gloss Black M style grills//IND BSM Reflectors
Appreciate 2
N54Yankee1228.50
minn195412.00

05-10-2019, 07:11 AM   #71
N54Yankee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Kids can talk a lot of crazy fantasy shit, not saying they wouldn't have done something but its speculation to whether they'd actually pull the trigger on such thoughts. They might have but I think unlikely, mass murder is an extremely rare occurrence. I'd rather stick to the facts, actual events that did occur.

From as far back as I can remember the Whitman Texas Tower school sniper mass murders in the 60's said to be the 'first' of the breed the shooter was mentally ill due to a brain tumor that affected his reasoning. If we look back at not as far we have the girl school shooter, the "I don't like mondays' weirdo, is mentally ill. Let's face it, if you go to your school and kill as many innocent children as you can, you're fucking nuts, no diagnosis required. The recent episode in Col is a open shut case I think. Just hearing evidencethus far of the two they were off the wall and outside of normalcy. We'll be hearing more insane shit about them. Not that it excuses them, I say give them the penalty they deserve. I don't care they're nuts.
The sandy hook mother was crazy also for allowing her weirdo kid to play with guns. She paid with her life she deserved that but horrific that many children died for her idiocy.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/how-preva...mass-shootings
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 07:29 AM   #72
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
I agree and technically it does not count as a mass shooting if its not 3 or more people
3 or more fatalities or injuries? I can't remember the "official" standard.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 01:15 PM   #73
TheWatchGuy
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
3 or more fatalities or injuries? I can't remember the "official" standard.
either/or

its a mass shooting

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2019, 09:12 AM   #74
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKCN1SL133

Case sealed, nothing to see here.

*Honk Honk*