BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-07-2019, 11:51 PM   #23
schoy
Captain
547
Rep
727
Posts

Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

So let me get this straight. You started a new thread just to highlight to everyone about how smart and how great you were in your debating skills. Any skilled debater knows how to argue both sides on any issue. So if you really want to show off, argue for Biden instead, and have Run Silent and DET argue for Trump. Otherwise you’ve demonstrated nothing but your own self-aggrandizement and arrogance.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 12:52 AM   #24
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
13382
Rep
6,840
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post
So let me get this straight. You started a new thread just to highlight to everyone about how smart and how great you were in your debating skills. Any skilled debater knows how to argue both sides on any issue. So if you really want to show off, argue for Biden instead, and have Run Silent and DET argue for Trump. Otherwise you’ve demonstrated nothing but your own self-aggrandizement and arrogance.
You have it completely wrong.

Please read the initial post again. You are free to argue any combination you'd like. I hope you take the combination that you believe would be the final nominees for both parties.

Why are you so angry?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2019, 12:58 AM   #25
CigarPundit
On the road to serfdom
CigarPundit's Avatar
United_States
923
Rep
598
Posts

Drives: 2018 F80 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 DCT  [0.00]
I think the Trump strategy will be to (1) cleverly label his opponent with a catchy disparaging nickname; (2) play up the voluminous far-left fodder that the Democratic primary campaign generates, which is popular with their base but out of step with the majority of presidential voters; (3) are you better off today than you were 4 years ago?; (4) take advantage of the illegal immigration issue; and (5) play up the overreach on the Muller/Russia Kabuki theater.

Ultimately, I think Trump will prevail. Pretty tough to beat an incumbent who can legitimately claim credit for a strong economy.
__________________
"God bless our troops...Especially our snipers.”
Appreciate 1
MKSixer13381.50

      05-08-2019, 01:11 AM   #26
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
13382
Rep
6,840
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarPundit View Post
I think the Trump strategy will be to (1) cleverly label his opponent with a catchy disparaging nickname; (2) play up the voluminous far-left fodder that the Democratic primary campaign generates, which is popular with their base but out of step with the majority of presidential voters; (3) are you better off today than you were 4 years ago?; (4) take advantage of the illegal immigration issue; and (5) play up the overreach on the Muller/Russia Kabuki theater.

Ultimately, I think Trump will prevail. Pretty tough to beat an incumbent who can legitimately claim credit for a strong economy.
Great post and rationale for Mr. Trump's possible strategy!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2019, 05:04 AM   #27
.2pdk
Banned
3997
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post

Why are you so angry?
Given the current field of dems I suspect we'll be seeing a lot more of this ahead of 2020...
Appreciate 1
MKSixer13381.50

      05-08-2019, 09:33 AM   #28
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
7347
Rep
7,080
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

I AM better than 4 years ago, but have you seen the rise in the price of gas over the last 4 years????
Appreciate 1
MKSixer13381.50

      05-08-2019, 09:41 AM   #29
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
13382
Rep
6,840
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I AM better than 4 years ago, but have you seen the rise in the price of gas over the last 4 years????
Oh please. When you get a V10 that takes only premium in your fleet you can moan and cry.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 09:52 AM   #30
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
7347
Rep
7,080
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Oh please. When you get a V10 that takes only premium in your fleet you can moan and cry.
But I'm still middle-class with a kid in college AND a wife that still lives with me. Ruth Chris is an extremely special-occasion restaurant, never EVER been there for a lunch DATE with a celebrity-model.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer13381.50

      05-08-2019, 09:56 AM   #31
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
13382
Rep
6,840
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
But I'm still middle-class with a kid in college AND a wife that still lives with me. Ruth Chris is an extremely special-occasion restaurant, never EVER been there for a lunch DATE with a celebrity-model.
I have one graduating.

I still pay the expenses for the ex-wife. Trust me it's better than fighting.





And on the rest...my usual answer to you:
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 10:07 AM   #32
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
7347
Rep
7,080
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
And on the rest...my usual answer to you:
Buttons pushed, today's goal accomplished
Appreciate 1
MKSixer13381.50

      05-08-2019, 01:41 PM   #33
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Haywood's Avatar
United_States
1829
Rep
2,699
Posts

Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: LI, NY

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
I still pay the expenses for the ex-wife. Trust me it's better than fighting.

I feel ya brother. Freedom is not free.
__________________
2003 Le Mans Blue e39 M5 Dinan S1
1997 Alpine White e36 M3 (the old gal)
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 1
MKSixer13381.50

      05-08-2019, 01:52 PM   #34
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
13382
Rep
6,840
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Buttons pushed, today's goal accomplished
It's like the two guys who sit on the park bench together and grouse about everything and each other the say, "Have a great evening, see you tomorrow!"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST