BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-06-2017, 11:22 AM   #199
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkM3 View Post
remember, you get $300 per calendar year so if you got it in 2016 you can get it again now so you actually make $150 profit on the card in the first year

also, please look into transferring your points to airline partners such as flying blue, united, singapore, etc for your flights to europe 95% you will get more value than 1.5 cents per point this way. check out the blogs on boardingarea.com and the points guy for pointers. way too much info for me post here
They took the $300 off of existing travel costs automatically, wife still travels all of the time and still uses the card, will it automatically come off again?

I have had trouble trying to figure out how many points it would take to book on every airline available, most seem to want me to log into my account first (and I don't have one) to see how many points it would take. Then I have to figure out if the $$$$ for one ticket and the points for the other are better than the price/points for a different airline or flight. At some point of all of the combinations of flights from Cincinnati to Croatia I get where I just want to book it and be done with it even if is costs me a little more money. Also not sure I want to do it. We will get one flight free, pay for the other and Delta has the only flight from Cincinnati direct to Europe (Paris). Then wife and I both have accounts with them so someone gets the points and we both get the status benefits we have with Delta (we both fly a decent amount).

Good suggestions though, and we need to book something soon so I will spend some amount of time looking. All of the ways to save money, either with points for hotels (should have complete free hotels), flights (at least one ticket on the credit card points, maybe another on airline points), or credit cards at some point can get to the point where I don't want to deal with it unless the savings is a decent amount of money.