BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

04-23-2019, 02:21 PM   #2333
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

People who hog a bench, weights, machine, etc. Pretty standard.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 11:37 AM   #2334
DriveS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335d

People who drop dumbbells. Eventually damages the floors and then the dumbbells themselves. Total lack of respect. I think some of them think the harder you drop the harder you look. To me they look the opposite.

If you can put them down in a controlled manner, dont pick em up.
Appreciate 1
      04-26-2019, 12:30 PM   #2335
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveS View Post
People who drop dumbbells. Eventually damages the floors and then the dumbbells themselves. Total lack of respect. I think some of them think the harder you drop the harder you look. To me they look the opposite.

If you can put them down in a controlled manner, dont pick em up.
Any Fugger who does this should be forced to leave the Gym that day and any day they do this! IDIOTS!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 12:57 PM   #2336
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

but, brah, working to failure then I can't hold them brah
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 02:17 PM   #2337
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
but, brah, working to failure then I can't hold them brah
WEAK AFFFFFF BRO. not saying i can do this. but if you shoulder press lets say hundo pound dumbells you aint gunna have any might to attempt to get up holding them lol. also the strain on your shoulder to put them down lightly will fuck your cuff
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50
      04-26-2019, 02:31 PM   #2338
HyeWarrior
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i DCT

So there's this older African American dude that I see on a daily basis. He's basically my hero because he doesn't give a shit. He used to be borderline annoying, but now I admire him lol.

He comes in everyday, wearing sunglasses the whole time, sits down on a bench, pounds two energy drinks, starts working out. 20 minutes into his workout, he gets super pumped up and just walks around from station to station yelling shit like "LETS GET IT" "YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS" "ALL DAY EVERYDAY"

Shit is hilarious to me now. It's like a show every time I catch him there
Appreciate 2
      04-26-2019, 02:50 PM   #2339
Teufel_Hunden
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
So there's this older African American dude that I see on a daily basis. He's basically my hero because he doesn't give a shit. He used to be borderline annoying, but now I admire him lol.

He comes in everyday, wearing sunglasses the whole time, sits down on a bench, pounds two energy drinks, starts working out. 20 minutes into his workout, he gets super pumped up and just walks around from station to station yelling shit like "LETS GET IT" "YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS" "ALL DAY EVERYDAY"

Motivational
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 03:47 PM   #2340
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

We got one guy who never unloads his bars. Finally got him this morning when he left the bench I typically use loaded.

I asked him are you finished as he had 185lbs on it. He looked kind of bewildered.....then said yeah....should I unload it?

I told him snidely He should always rack his weights....but not to worry as I would just use it for my warm-up set.
      04-26-2019, 04:55 PM   #2341
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
We got one guy who never unloads his bars. Finally got him this morning when he left the bench I typically use loaded.

I asked him are you finished as he had 185lbs on it. He looked kind of bewildered.....then said yeah....should I unload it?

I told him snidely He should always rack his weights....but not to worry as I would just use it for my warm-up set.
Classic.

One of these heads recently started going to my gym as well, asshole move on their part. Usually theyre extra proud of the weights there lifting but its chump change to anyone who is half decent in there lol
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      04-26-2019, 05:09 PM   #2342
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post

I watch the OEFitness videos. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCa...7nKriv_uvEgmaA

It's always the white people that be doing some weird ass crap, glad to hear the blacks are just as whacked.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 05:24 AM   #2343
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Classic.

One of these heads recently started going to my gym as well, asshole move on their part. Usually theyre extra proud of the weights there lifting but its chump change to anyone who is half decent in there lol

Yeah....he comes in looking like someone from a fitness Expo. I pretty much look like a bum off the street.

So he's had this air of superiority complex from the start. He won't last long though. They never do.

My gym is pretty hard-core. Once he gets some gym chalk on his new shoes....he will bail...Lol.
      04-29-2019, 07:34 AM   #2344
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Yeah....he comes in looking like someone from a fitness Expo. I pretty much look like a bum off the street.

So he's had this air of superiority complex from the start. He won't last long though. They never do.

My gym is pretty hard-core. Once he gets some gym chalk on his new shoes....he will bail...Lol.
Sounds cringe worthy. Hate the current "look" of the fitness industry, well I guess I dislike the fitness industry in general. Just trying to make money off anything they can, especially when it comes to bullshitting up new compounds and stuffing those lies down the uneducated's throat hahaha. They'll figure it out one day.

My gyms unfortuantely not as hardcore, and it's pretty cheap at just $10/mo so I frequently see these types of people
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 01:09 PM   #2345
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Sounds cringe worthy. Hate the current "look" of the fitness industry, well I guess I dislike the fitness industry in general. Just trying to make money off anything they can, especially when it comes to bullshitting up new compounds and stuffing those lies down the uneducated's throat hahaha. They'll figure it out one day.

My gyms unfortuantely not as hardcore, and it's pretty cheap at just $10/mo so I frequently see these types of people
My god we have this one girl I see ever so often that comes in and I swear is following a Westside program or something. Squat, Bench, Deadlift, and Overhead Press. That's it.

On a 1-10 in looks...she's maybe a 6. On the body scale she is a 20+!

She came in this morning in a pair of tight gray shorts with the bottom of her ass cheeks hanging out. She headed to the squat rack and I thought Oh No...but she ended up doing Barbell presses.

But still had to bend over between sets to write her lifts in her notebook. I had to go into the back room of the gym and pick a different exercise as it was pretty obvious everyone in the room she was in just stopped working out and was watching her.

Something about that type who with no make-up and looks like the "girl next door" but still looks good kills me!
      04-29-2019, 06:34 PM   #2346
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 335is | '16 Macan Turbo

Waiting on only incline machine this morning, went to decline right next to it just to wait it out. Guy is more jacked than me, does a set... wanders off, 5m later mozeys back on over and does a set...wanders off. Many minutes later guy comes back around from another part of the gym and sits down on it, then gets up and immediately, takes his earbuds out to walk over to this guy to catch up on life..

smh I immediately stop my set, walked over and politely interrupted the convo to ask how much longer he's gonna be. Little back and forth to which I end up saying you should do your last set now . He did.
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50
      04-29-2019, 07:15 PM   #2347
DocB
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by okusa View Post
I like doing drop sets with dumbbells. The MOST annoying thing to me is getting all set up, going to get a sip of water and returning 30 seconds later to see some dickhead that picked up and is using my middle set.
I do drop sets however I put the dumbbells back on the rack. I do a set, rack the dumbbell pick up a lower weight, rack it and pick up a lower weight. What bugs me is the guy with 3 sets of dumbbells under his bench while he sits their scanning through FB on his phone.
2015 435 GC
2015 X1
2016 X1
2018 ///M2
2020 M340i
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 07:15 PM   #2348
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Fart juice on the bench press.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50
      04-29-2019, 09:20 PM   #2349
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post

~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 09:04 AM   #2350
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
You prefer it on the decline, where it can run down your back

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 09:15 AM   #2351
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
You prefer it on the decline, where it can run down your back

Well at least it eventually will roll off.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 10:25 AM   #2352
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BdSM n54iS View Post
Waiting on only incline machine this morning, went to decline right next to it just to wait it out. Guy is more jacked than me, does a set... wanders off, 5m later mozeys back on over and does a set...wanders off. Many minutes later guy comes back around from another part of the gym and sits down on it, then gets up and immediately, takes his earbuds out to walk over to this guy to catch up on life..

smh I immediately stop my set, walked over and politely interrupted the convo to ask how much longer he's gonna be. Little back and forth to which I end up saying you should do your last set now . He did.

Nice. Being more jacked gives him no excuse to be doing what he did. He doesn't own the place! Never understood why most of the people that you see with decent builds act so douchey.

My favorite thing is going in at an off time on the weekend. You see these guys everywhere. Walking around the gym between sets looking like their carrying suitcases with their ILS (Imaginary Lat Syndrome).

I come in dressed like a bum, and you can feel them looking you up and down sizing you up.

After I am warmed up and if I feel like it, I may strip down to a tank top. After that, they don't want to be around me!
      05-03-2019, 05:23 PM   #2353
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Had an awesome workout this evening other than this guy in the corner of the gym where the dumbells were. He was clearly ripping ass and had no shame as he let it out a couple of times and it smelled like death. No shame that he even did it in front of women. Is that inconsiderate or was he being a douche bag?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 06:30 PM   #2354
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Had an awesome workout this evening other than this guy in the corner of the gym where the dumbells were. He was clearly ripping ass and had no shame as he let it out a couple of times and it smelled like death. No shame that he even did it in front of women. Is that inconsiderate or was he being a douche bag?
@1MOREMOD works out at your gym??