BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-05-2015, 02:26 PM   #1
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Thumbs up Poltergeist! 2015

It can be very difficult remaking/rebooting an absolute Classic film that is considered among the greatest of it's genre! But I am very optimistic of what I personally consider one of the scariest movies of all time: POLTERGEIST! After all, I saw it when it originally came out at the tender age of 12. It had so much unnerving subject matter: death, ghosts, cemeteries, clowns, creepy little girl, other dimensions, floating furniture, you get the idea!
After reading what the producers have to say and considering they are the brains behind two of what most also consider among the scariest films ever made: The Grudge and Evil Dead, we should be in for some entertaining Scares:

02-05-2015, 02:40 PM   #2
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Oh man.... TLC home just became a total loss...
      02-05-2015, 04:02 PM   #3
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Although I don't have a fear of Clowns. Millions do! Has everyone here seen the original? What did you think about it? Remember that piece of raw steak cooking on the counter top? And the little old lady who cleansed the house: "This house is clear."
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 06:50 PM   #4
DemolitionJim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 MW M3

this is gonna be awesomeeeeeeeeee
Appreciate 1
      02-05-2015, 07:02 PM   #5
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Yawn, come up with a new idea Hollywood.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 01:30 PM   #6
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I always worried the boy from the first movie would be warped for life, coming out of the nether-world covered in blood like he was born again.

Steak was a challenge for a while too. . .
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 04:41 PM   #7
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

I'll definitely watch this!

Did anyone see the Family Guy Poltergeist episode?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 04:51 PM   #8
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
I'll definitely watch this!

Did anyone see the Family Guy Poltergeist episode?
hahahaha!!! One of the funniest. FYI... Family Guy > Simpsons!
      02-06-2015, 04:56 PM   #9
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I always worried the boy from the first movie would be warped for life, coming out of the nether-world covered in blood like he was born again.

Steak was a challenge for a while too. . .
Uncle Wade knows what time it is! You do know there were a couple of deaths during filming of the Poltergeist films! Scary and Troubling shit no doubt.

Check this creepy shit out: http://rhinoshorror.com/2012/04/05/a...ergeist-curse/

Quote:
A Look into the Poltergeist Curse

This is a horror movie with an even more horrifying backstory! The Poltergeist curse. The Steven Spielberg-written and Tobe Hooper-directed classic is one of the very best horror movies of the haunted house variety, one with a terrifying story that reaches far beyond the cinematic world. One of the most interesting things about this film is the infamous “curse” that plagued the franchise.

There are quite a few people in the world who believe that the Poltergeist films were stricken with a curse due to the string of deaths that took place in all three films. But it’s not just the deaths that have people convinced that this curse is the real deal, as there were many incidents on the set of the film itself. Spooky.

In the first film, Jobeth Williams (who plays the Mother) was extremely nervous about shooting the swimming pool scene because of the many electrical hazards surrounding the water, and rightfully so. To ease her mind, Spielberg jumped into the pool with her so that she would feel safe. The scene went totally fine and no one got hurt, but there was something lurking in that water that may have been the root of this so called curse.

Those freaky as shit skeletons you see in the pool during one of the Poltergeist‘s scariest moments were not the plastic movie props that you would expect—they were real human skeletons. The reason they used real skeletons was simple, they were cheaper than the plastic ones. This is where the superstitious people believe to be the start of the curse. Not only did they use real skeletons in the first film but they also used them in the sequel as well. The man who played the shaman in the second film was played by Will Sampson. Sampson, a medicine man of sorts in real life, attempted an exorcism one night following a shoot in hopes to get rid of the curse. He died less than a year later after complications from a kidney transplant.

Before his role in Poltergeist, Richard Lawson’s curse can be traced back way before the first film. Apparently this man is impossible to kill because he has come face to face with death on five separate occasions and that isn’t even including his premature birth. Lawson served in Vietnam and although there is no doubt that every day was a dangerous one, on his 21st birthday he was involved in a violent firefight and just barely avoided a bullet. Only a few years later, he was extremely close to being hit by a car while crossing the street. His next brush with death came when he was in a car accident where his body was bent in half and if it wasn’t for his window being rolled down he would have likely died. Shortly after the release of Poltergeist, Lawson almost killed himself in an overdose with cocaine. Because of yet another near death experience, he became sober soon after the drug incident. Ok so where are we? Number five, and this one is absolutely ridiculous. In 1992, Lawson was on a commercial plane that crashed just minutes after takeoff into a lake. How did he survive? Well, before getting on the flight, the ticket agent noticed that Lawson was an actor so they graciously upgraded his ticket to the first class cabin. The man who ended up in Lawson’s original seat died.

But the origins of the true myth of this curse started with the tragic fates that came over the young actors that played the children in Poltergeist. The oldest daughter in the film was played by Dominique Dunne who was strangled to death by her abusive boyfriend only months after the release of the film and she was only 22 years old at the time of her death. The boyfriend only served three years in prison.

Heather O’Rourke’s character was easily the most important in the film as the young Carol Anne. Everyone can remember her cries coming through the television which was truly creepy even to this day. O’Rourke suddenly became extremely ill in 1988. What started as stomach cramps soon took a turn for the worse and she went into cardiac arrest where she was immediately rushed into surgery. She suffered from septic shock and died on the operating table. She was only 12 years old.

The middle child in the film, Robbie, played by Oliver Robins is still alive today despite many people claiming that he died an untimely death as well. He did however have a near fatal accident on the set while filming the scene where he gets attacked by the clown. There was a malfunction with the mechanical clown and it nearly choked the boy to death. Everyone on set just thought he was doing a great performance and it wasn’t until he began turning blue that they realized something was wrong. Had they waited much longer the boy could have been strangled to death. He suffered no damage after being freed from the clown.

There you have it, the curse that many people believe to have haunted the Poltergeist films and its actors. Regardless if you believe this to be some curse that began from using real human skeletons in the film you have to admit that it is a bit strange that so many horrible things happened to some of the people involved with this film.

So what do you guys think? Is there really a curse that follows the Poltergeist films or is it all just a big coincidence?

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 02-06-2015 at 05:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 07:11 PM   #10
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

TV spot:

04-05-2015, 05:16 PM   #11
TXSTYLE
"Salud"