BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-03-2008, 11:51 PM   #23
ages944
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Adam Carolla? What genius thought that up? Did nobody else want to do it?

Mods: Blacklines | Rear Seat Power Outlets | Rear Fog Lights | Ashtray Garage Door Opener
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 07:50 AM   #24
iatacs19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ages944 View Post

03-04-2008, 08:01 AM   #25
CalZ4M
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Can we still get the Stig?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 09:21 AM   #26
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLBoston View Post
Ugh.. I hate Adam.. he's such a racist cocksucker and he's not even funny.. just annoying as all hell.
Do you have proof of this? It's a very bold statement to make.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 10:53 AM   #27
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

WTF does he know about cars? Leno would have been way better, especially since he's a car freak himself.

03-04-2008, 11:45 AM   #28
hansyes
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 … A·W … E92™

Why did they decide not to bring Clarkson,Hammond and May??
Wasn't American Idol successful in america only because it has Simon Cowell?
Anyway.. no matter who they cast, it will never be as good as the real Top Gear.. american Gear is most likely gonna be an absolute rubbish

i『 L o v e 』…
bmw·'E92' & "nodic ♀s"
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 11:56 AM   #29
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansyes View Post
. american Gear is most likely gonna be an absolute rubbish
Unfortunately.

They should cast some no-namers from Europe if they can't find anyone else.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 12:43 PM   #30
imaznumkay
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

jay leno ftw
      03-04-2008, 01:42 PM   #31
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ages944 View Post

Attached Images

03-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #32
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

hmmm...actually it might work...hes a smart ass whiney guy like clarkson....it might work
      03-04-2008, 02:38 PM   #33
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i

Just because his last name rhymes with this car....

doesnt mean he's a candidate for Top Gear.

Adam Carolla needs to stick to tities and and ass shows. He's good at that.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 03:09 PM   #34
Gearcraft
misadventurer
Philippines
Rep
Drives: bubbie mystic blue whale

doesnt he have a show called "testdrive"? he should just stay there.
      03-05-2008, 09:29 PM   #35
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
You guys are forgetting the biggest part truthfully.

Yes the host plays a role. But what amazes you with every Top Gear episode? The filming. They match perfect music with perfect cinematography.

I bet it will be dumb though and just burn outs with techno music. Some kind of stupid Speed TV show.

Also granted Top Gear is so well known now so has connections. But the fact that Top Gear reviews crazy ass cars like the Bugatti etc. sets it apart. This US version will test a M3 and thats it i bet as far as nice expensive cars.
      03-05-2008, 10:38 PM   #36
JCLBoston
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
Do you have proof of this? It's a very bold statement to make.
Yeah, I know it's a pretty bold statement to make, and maybe it's just his sense of humor.. but I've caught some episodes of his talk shows just in passing and he just always seems to slip in some derogatory remarks, comments, jokes, slurs, or insults targeted at race. Maybe I've been unlucky in just catching them at the right times? Do I remember specific jokes? No, not usually something I like trying to remember
      03-05-2008, 11:27 PM   #37
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB View Post
I listen to the Carolla show about every day, have to stream it at work because it is not on the the bay area any more

He does make some racial jokes, but they are just jokes and they have no "teeth" or, lets be honest in todays hypersensitive society he would be fined and thrown off the air immediately. He is definitely not a racist shock jock, and is he doesn't say half the crap that a comedian of any other race couldn't say.
Adam Carolla is a racist...

Carolla's morning show became the subject of controversy within a few weeks of airing when on January 24, 2006, Carolla played a segment which spoofed the upcoming Asian Excellence Awards, which honor Asian American media accomplishments. The spoof consisted of what sounded like a typical excerpt from an awards show, except that the dialogue of the actors consisted only of the words ching chong, repeated over and over. The National Association of Asian American Professionals (NAAAP), The Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA), and The Center for Asian American Media publicly objected to the spoof, calling it racist.[16]. They threatened to ask advertisers to withdraw their support from the show if the station did not issue an apology. [17] On February 22, 2006, Carolla without fanfare read a brief apology for the segment, in which he said that his show had regrettably "crossed the line". On April 26, 2006, Carolla invited the head of the Media Action Network for Asian Americans, Guy Aoki, and Teddy Zee, co-chair of the Asian Excellence Awards, to further explainthat when he aired the bit, he had no idea that "ching chong" was a racial slur. Mention of the bit was removed from the official show blog. [18]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Carolla

More about this loser from wikipedia.....

Adam grew up in North Hollywood, California, located in the San Fernando Valley. His family is often a topic on his radio show claiming his parents were disinterested and still have no interest in his life. He describes his family as good people, fair and honest, but often says they were opposed to anything that involved getting off the couch and doing something. He also says his family was incredibly cheap; Carolla would get small amounts of money, usually coins, for his birthday instead of gifts and he did not go to any funerals growing up. [5]

After his parents divorced, Carolla split time with his mother and father.

Carolla attended Colfax Elementary School, Walter Reed Junior High, and North Hollywood High School. Carolla never received good grades, graduating with a 1.75 grade point average. He majored in ceramics. [6] He never received his high school diploma because he owed the library $19.95 for a copy of We The People (ISBN 0-385-41903-1). [7] Because of this, he also did not participate in his high school graduation ceremony, but he said on Loveline that no one had ever asked him to produce his diploma.

He was voted class clown and was the captain of his football team. Carolla played Pop Warner football for many years, and said being involved in it saved him from a chaotic home life. [8] On The Adam Carolla Show, Carolla said he was recruited to play football at Marshall University and the University of California, Davis, but he was not interested in college.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 11:35 PM   #38
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
They need Jay Leno for Top Gear ftw

Ratings would be very high and he's not annoying at all.

He's also VERY car savy!
Yes, he's an expert with cars, but only exotics and classics.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 11:50 PM   #39
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB View Post
I like Carolla, definitely a car guy (owns, Lamborghini 350 GT, a couple of Ferraris, Aston Martin, Modded E46 M, Ricey 350Z, Mini Cooper, Audis etc, that I know of) and he is not afraid to drop an opinion that is polarizing (lots of people love to hate Clarkson), look how may of you have already reacted.

I don't think the US version will be as good as the British version, and I hope they don't take it off of BBC here in the states.
+1

I've heard clips of Adam talking about cars in general. He's not afraid to state his not exactly politically correct opinions (like Clarkson). This may help win a few people over. I will judge him and how well he hosts this after a few episodes. As of now, I'm satisfied with Carolla. He himself is a follower of many motorsports and owns a lot of cars that we'd certainly approve of.

http://podcast.971freefm.com/klsx1/536850.mp3

here's the mp3 version of the show that assured me the American show was going to be fine. I'm not expecting it to be like the original Top Gear. I'm just expecting to be a DECENT AMERICAN car show.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 12:01 AM   #40
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Honestly, I think he wouldn't have gotten the job if his last name wasn't Carollla. Oh yeah, for sure, Toyota will be one of the sponsors for the show and you'll see commercials for the new Corolla during the American Top Gear.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 12:08 AM   #41
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blob View Post
Honestly, I think he wouldn't have gotten the job if his last name wasn't Carollla. Oh yeah, for sure, Toyota will be one of the sponsors for the show and you'll see commercials for the new Corolla during the American Top Gear.
that is one awful, awful reason to be thinking he got the host job...

i am forced to ask, are you blazed all the time? One second you think the Nurburgring can be conquered by noobs, and now you assume he's going to be sponsored by Toyota for his name?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 12:11 AM   #42
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecC View Post

i am forced to ask, are you blazed all the time? One second you think the Nurburgring can be conquered by noobs, and now you assume he's going to be sponsored by Toyota for his name?
Look, this dude has such a LOW IQ... sure, he has money for exotic cars which he owns, but I think his last name is just catchy and it attracts advertisers. When people hear Carolla, they think Toyota or a car. Honestly, I don't think he'll be doing test drives for normal everyday cars. He'll probably be doing test drives on exotics like Ferraris, Lambos, Porsches, Ashtons... the dude has such a big ego and acts like a jackass. I really don't think he'll stay for a long time for Top Gear because of his ego.

Yes, Toyota will fight for every right to be the primary sponsor for the American Top Gear if he's the lead host. Pretty obvious.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 12:25 AM   #43
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
The problem is that the real Top Gear uses journalist/auto enthusiast for it's show.
The US version will likely hire any celebrity who owns a Ferrari or classic muscle car.

I'll have a tough time taking the guy who provided the comic relief on Loveline as a credible source of car reviews.
i totally agree...all of the hosts are true car enthusiasts and know HOW TO DRIVE!!
Top Gear is one of my favorite programs and now its going to get all that shit Hollywood glam!
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 12:28 AM   #44
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecC View Post

couldnt agree with you more!....this guy "the blob" is a fucking dip....just read any of his posts and its filled with ridiculous statements and rambles.....the biggest moron on this entire site!....bar none!
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0