BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

04-14-2021, 02:28 PM   #23
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsopoulos View Post
Really? I have quick jacks at home (My 2 post is in a small industrial building I rent in Bensenville) but I can get my F80 up on the quick jacks so much faster than my 2 post.

I have a bendpak, and maybe its something specific to the model I have but man if the car isnt lined up perfectly I cant reach all the jack pads. Its much easier with 2 people.
Does your lift have a spotting plate? My lift has a spotting plate. I hung a mirror on the wall so I can see the plate as I drive in. I've marked the plate where the left tire edge needs to be on center in the lift. My car is in the air in about a minute, two minutes max. You can get a spotting laser too.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 02:39 PM   #24
Mintsopoulos
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 MW F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Does your lift have a spotting plate? My lift has a spotting plate. I hung a mirror on the wall so I can see the plate as I drive in. I've marked the plate where the left tire edge needs to be on center in the lift. My car is in the air in about a minute, two minutes max. You can get a spotting laser too.
Honestly....never even thought of that haha. Thanks for the idea! Mirrors and lasers ftw.
      04-14-2021, 03:19 PM   #25
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsopoulos View Post
Honestly....never even thought of that haha. Thanks for the idea! Mirrors and lasers ftw.
My lift came with professional installation, which I helped out of course. At the time in 2004 when I got the lift, I had an E30, a Jeep, an F150 and Z3, which the lift fit perfectly. When I got my E90 in 2006, the Rotary lift arms were too long to reach the E90's lifting blocks. Meaning the arms reached too far into the lifting space. I called the vendor I bought my lift from and he confirmed that Rotary updated the arm design which solved the problem. My timing was fortunate because when I called, another customer needed different lift arms for his lift, so my vendor had a spare set of arms that I needed. I got the new arms for $100. I got lucky on that one.

Rotary has a laser kit to help center the car, which is why I mentioned it. Their kit would work for any lift I'd imagine.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 08:54 PM   #26
Housekeeping
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddinTN View Post
How tall are your ceilings? Thanks!
11’
Appreciate 1
ToddinTN504.00