BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-07-2019, 06:18 AM   #1607
Rmtt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
1937
Rep
1,544
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I didn't even consciously work shoulders last night, but those tri presses with heavier weights had me go to the coffee shop this morning and get leaded. I didn't even want to wash my pits after Wednesday night back/bi.

It's frustrating with these heavier weights on pull days, it's my grip that fails before the targeted muscles.
Grab some straps man!

I know people talk about how you need to work grip strength, but I tell them I'm training my back....not my grip.

I've done enough specific grip/forearm training in the past to last me a lifetime!
__________________
2011 128i: M-Sport , 3:73 Diff, 3SI Intake, AA Headers, MILVS, MagnaFlow Catback, AFE Scoops, Turner Silicone Hose, StageFP Tune, APEX ARC8, 1M Mirrors, LCI Blacklines

2008 Z51 C6 LS3 w/ LG SuperPros, Ported Fast 102 Intake, RPM Level 2 Transmission, "Small Cam" Vararam SnakeCharmer CAI - 461whp / 467wtq
Appreciate 1
VMRWheels1734.00

      12-09-2019, 07:09 AM   #1608
JP10
Lieutenant
JP10's Avatar
399
Rep
476
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Ate a ton this weekend. Feel like I'm still digesting everything I ate yesterday evening this morning lol. Was pretty weighed down this morning at the gym, but still got a pretty wild arm pump. Will bring the calories back down throughout the week and lean out a little more. Basically same shit I say every week lmao.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt1937.00

      12-09-2019, 12:00 PM   #1609
VMRWheels
General
VMRWheels's Avatar
1734
Rep
25,845
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Grab some straps man!

I know people talk about how you need to work grip strength, but I tell them I'm training my back....not my grip.

I've done enough specific grip/forearm training in the past to last me a lifetime!
+1. I think the benefits of a good back workout are worth it. And, if you'd like, you can do grip training after back since it'll already be getting worked
__________________
Brandon @ VMR|Wheels | 714.442.7916 EXT. 108 | Brandon@velocitymotoring.com | www.velocitymotoring.com | facebook | flickr | Instagram
Appreciate 1
Rmtt1937.00

      12-09-2019, 01:56 PM   #1610
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
5564
Rep
12,957
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

Wow unbelievable! Just got home from the gym and I'm very cool with the staff since I know all of them and one of the staff members had talked to me just to let me know that a complaint was made about me. Nothing that I did wrong, nothing that I said to any members, nothing with any interactions with anyone but the staffer said a gentleman (as he said he couldn't say who but he did say he is a new year resolutioner who just signed up). So the complaint was he felt intimidated because of my tattoos! That he felt his life was in danger, he did not feel safe around me and he even said it should be against policy for someone to have tattoos to be a member of this gym. Now keep in mind my tattoo sleeves on both arms are tasteful. They are very colorful. I have my wife's portrait as well as my 3 boys with a dragon protecting my family. My other arm has koi fish and dragon swimming up stream and if anyone knows tattoos most tattoos all have some kind of story or meaning to them. My tats aren't prison tatts by no means. So the complaint has been made and forward to corporate but the staffer explained to the new member there's nothing in the company policy regarding gender, race, or even tattoos that would discriminate anyone from joining.

The funny part is the staffer pointed out to 5 other dudes with tattoos. He even pointed out to a few chicks that had tattoos. But this dude solely focused on me! Why? I dunno. I don't want to pull up the race card but I will say I do live in a very nice area of town

What do you guys think?
__________________
~F90Conversion~CFLowerSplitters~21"3Piece AlphaForgedWheels~BMSgoldTitaniumLugz~ 3dCFRearSpoiler~3dCFSideSkirtExtensions~DTMCFDiffu ser~CFRearSplitters~CFEmblems~LedermanzWheel~Shado wlineKit~CFDoubleSlatGrills~WstyleCFRoofSpoiler~M4 CFMirrorCovers~MeisterschaftEVC90mmQuadExhaust~CFT ipCovers~VRSFdp~KWV1Coilovers~MPedals~G2GoldCalipe rs~35%TinT~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 02:06 PM   #1611
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
8166
Rep
7,555
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
My other arm has koi fish and dragon swimming up stream

What do you guys think?
Koi are obvious signs of Triad


BURN THE WITCH!!!!
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2019, 02:26 PM   #1612
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
5564
Rep
12,957
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

Lol
__________________
~F90Conversion~CFLowerSplitters~21"3Piece AlphaForgedWheels~BMSgoldTitaniumLugz~ 3dCFRearSpoiler~3dCFSideSkirtExtensions~DTMCFDiffu ser~CFRearSplitters~CFEmblems~LedermanzWheel~Shado wlineKit~CFDoubleSlatGrills~WstyleCFRoofSpoiler~M4 CFMirrorCovers~MeisterschaftEVC90mmQuadExhaust~CFT ipCovers~VRSFdp~KWV1Coilovers~MPedals~G2GoldCalipe rs~35%TinT~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 02:40 PM   #1613
VMRWheels
General
VMRWheels's Avatar
1734
Rep
25,845
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
The funny part is the staffer pointed out to 5 other dudes with tattoos. He even pointed out to a few chicks that had tattoos. But this dude solely focused on me! Why? I dunno. I don't want to pull up the race card but I will say I do live in a very nice area of town

What do you guys think?
I spent a couple years in Utah and always got looks if I was out. Not necessarily bad, but it was different. You could be in a gang, yo, they never know
__________________
Brandon @ VMR|Wheels | 714.442.7916 EXT. 108 | Brandon@velocitymotoring.com | www.velocitymotoring.com | facebook | flickr | Instagram
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2019, 03:02 PM   #1614
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Colonel
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY's Avatar
No_Country
2098
Rep
2,480
Posts

Drives: Totaled Toyota Celica :((
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Trenton, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Wow unbelievable! Just got home from the gym and I'm very cool with the staff since I know all of them and one of the staff members had talked to me just to let me know that a complaint was made about me. Nothing that I did wrong, nothing that I said to any members, nothing with any interactions with anyone but the staffer said a gentleman (as he said he couldn't say who but he did say he is a new year resolutioner who just signed up). So the complaint was he felt intimidated because of my tattoos! That he felt his life was in danger, he did not feel safe around me and he even said it should be against policy for someone to have tattoos to be a member of this gym. Now keep in mind my tattoo sleeves on both arms are tasteful. They are very colorful. I have my wife's portrait as well as my 3 boys with a dragon protecting my family. My other arm has koi fish and dragon swimming up stream and if anyone knows tattoos most tattoos all have some kind of story or meaning to them. My tats aren't prison tatts by no means. So the complaint has been made and forward to corporate but the staffer explained to the new member there's nothing in the company policy regarding gender, race, or even tattoos that would discriminate anyone from joining.

The funny part is the staffer pointed out to 5 other dudes with tattoos. He even pointed out to a few chicks that had tattoos. But this dude solely focused on me! Why? I dunno. I don't want to pull up the race card but I will say I do live in a very nice area of town

What do you guys think?
chop him up and shove him in one of those storage cabinets in ur garage rebuild!!

fuckin pansies everywhere I swear. I bet he is super argumentative and tough if spoken too.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt1937.00

      12-09-2019, 03:04 PM   #1615
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
9052
Rep
22,084
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

I would have complained also.
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2019, 04:10 PM   #1616
JP10
Lieutenant
JP10's Avatar
399
Rep
476
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Reasonable complaint lmao
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 06:41 AM   #1617
Rmtt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
1937
Rep
1,544
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Too much intensity showing through your gym day "Game Face"!

But that is just stupid. Sounds like he should have joined a Planet Fitness instead.
__________________
2011 128i: M-Sport , 3:73 Diff, 3SI Intake, AA Headers, MILVS, MagnaFlow Catback, AFE Scoops, Turner Silicone Hose, StageFP Tune, APEX ARC8, 1M Mirrors, LCI Blacklines

2008 Z51 C6 LS3 w/ LG SuperPros, Ported Fast 102 Intake, RPM Level 2 Transmission, "Small Cam" Vararam SnakeCharmer CAI - 461whp / 467wtq
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 10:23 AM   #1618
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
8166
Rep
7,555
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

I shouldnt of oughta done it, but I blew up my shoulders last night. Like, tension headache blew them up. No D in my OMS!

I'm rethinking this heavy lifting/6 reps target idea, especially for groups I don't do that often. Maybe I'm going to start 50/50 doing that. Heavy for Back/bi, Chest/tri, then reps for shoulders and legs. Then in a few weeks, after getting the weaker muscles moving more often, switch again.

I'm sweating sitting in my office because my head is so heavy moving around on my shoulders this morning.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 10:55 AM   #1619
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
9052
Rep
22,084
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Had good back day this am. Liking focused lighter reps I've been doing. I can see how isolation lighter could require more work as ancillary parts that take some of load heavy need there own work now though.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 12:37 PM   #1620
TomKollar
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: Bmw m6
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Las Vegas, USA

iTrader: (0)

Good

You guys can congratulate me! I just bought a BMW M6, I'm so glad!
__________________
If you want to relax a bit then check in book of ra free play
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 12:52 PM   #1621
VMRWheels
General
VMRWheels's Avatar
1734
Rep
25,845
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomKollar View Post
You guys can congratulate me! I just bought a BMW M6, I'm so glad!
Congratulations from the gym thread!
__________________
Brandon @ VMR|Wheels | 714.442.7916 EXT. 108 | Brandon@velocitymotoring.com | www.velocitymotoring.com | facebook | flickr | Instagram
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 12:54 PM   #1622
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
9052
Rep
22,084
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Get some bigger legs pushing it up the street good plan.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 04:28 AM   #1623
Rasull
Registered
United Arab Emirates
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: Mahindra Scorpio
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Dubai, UAE

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for starting this wonderful thread, It's very helpful.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:42 AM   #1624
Rmtt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
1937
Rep
1,544
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

So I had back this morning.....1st Tier exercise rotated in this week was rack pulls. Programming had me set for my last 3 sets at 495....but you know I had to throw the 2.5's on to make it an even 500.

It's been awhile since I have been deep in 4 plate+ territory. I forgot just how much the bar starts to bend when that 5th plate goes on!

Makes me wonder how I ever used to squat with that weight with the bar moving as much as it did.

Plan to keep cruising through the Holiday on my current diet (~3700K) without paying too much attention at parties...and then start tightening things up in January.

Guess I will be a "New Years Resolution-er" as well!!
__________________
2011 128i: M-Sport , 3:73 Diff, 3SI Intake, AA Headers, MILVS, MagnaFlow Catback, AFE Scoops, Turner Silicone Hose, StageFP Tune, APEX ARC8, 1M Mirrors, LCI Blacklines

2008 Z51 C6 LS3 w/ LG SuperPros, Ported Fast 102 Intake, RPM Level 2 Transmission, "Small Cam" Vararam SnakeCharmer CAI - 461whp / 467wtq
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:12 PM   #1625
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
8166
Rep
7,555
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
but you know I had to throw the 2.5's on to make it an even 500.


Guess I will be a "New Years Resolution-er" as well!!
Damn, all these people getting on my curl rack AGAIN.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST