BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-10-2019, 10:31 AM   #67
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
No guarantees, I'm only one man. But I will put a 4-pack of either Bartles & James, or Whiteclaw on ice. Your choice, since you are the guest.
I had to look up what those were!

Whisky man! And the only thing you ever put in whisky... is more whisky!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 12:11 PM   #68
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
I had to look up what those were!

Whisky man! And the only thing you ever put in whisky... is more whisky!
I have 3 bottles of Rye at home right now: Crown Royal, Buellit, and Basil Hayden. CR was pleasant with just a single ice last night.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 12:25 PM   #69
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
pet peeve: people who put all sorts of stuff on their hot dog

a hot dog only deserves mustard and fresh chopped onions
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 12:30 PM   #70
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
pet peeve: people who put all sorts of stuff on their hot dog

a hot dog only deserves mustard and fresh chopped onions
Why you let a mouse turd on your dog???????

ketchup and bacon, sometimes a nice little blanket of cheese on the bun.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      09-10-2019, 06:03 PM   #71
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfishe View Post
Not car related, but asshats that can't wait for people to get off an elevator prior to trying to get on.
Another one of my pet peeves is people who ride up on an escalator, and then come to a dead stop the moment they step off because they didn't use the ride up to figure out which way they were going. I actually fore-checked somebody off of the platform from behind one time, when the escalator was packed tightly and there was a serious safety concern of the riders going domino because the exit platform was blocked.....
      09-10-2019, 06:14 PM   #72
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfishe View Post
Not car related, but asshats that can't wait for people to get off an elevator prior to trying to get on.
Another one of my pet peeves is people who ride up on an escalator, and then come to a dead stop the moment they step off because they didn't use the ride up to figure out which way they were going. I actually fore-checked somebody off of the platform from behind one time, when the escalator was packed tightly and there was a serious safety concern of the riders going domino because the exit platform was blocked.....
yes!

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 09:59 PM   #73
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Why you let a mouse turd on your dog???????

ketchup and bacon, sometimes a nice little blanket of cheese on the bun.

you must like chili cheese dogs too i guess??
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 10:13 PM   #74
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I like them more than I do Turkish pickles :P
Appreciate 2
      09-11-2019, 08:17 AM   #75
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

I got a door ding, so my new pet peeve is people who ding your doors
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 12:35 PM   #76
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I don't go all the way to chili. Corn is acceptable though.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 07:53 PM   #77
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
  1. See reply below; I almost get violent every time someone honks 0.01 seconds after the fucking light turns green as if I'm too stupid to know what it means. FUCK YOU for thinking that.
  2. When there's NO cars behind me for another 1/4 mile, but you insist on zipping out in front of me and causing me to slam brakes. If you waited an additional 2 seconds, you can pull out as if you are stuck in limp-mode 3rd gear and ultra slow, but no... Let's almost cause a fucking accident scampering out like a dog with cataracts... Makes me wonder where else in your life (or even your parent's lives) pulling out would work best.
  3. The douchebags who keep their high beams on either because THEY can't see or instead of buying a lousy $11 bulb, they think that the highs is an acceptable substitute and the cops that you're trying to avoid getting pulled over by for a broken headlight are too stupid to figure out the difference.
  4. On a wide open freeway, especially in the LA area, I'm already doing 75 in a 65, in the #3 lane out of 4 (so it's not like I'm hogging the left lane or the lane next to it)... But at least once a week, some asshole tailgates me instead of switching lanes, even when I go passive-aggressive and slow down and hope your egomaniacal ass gets the hint and use one of the many lanes available to you. YOU may be able to afford the speeding ticket, but I sure as hell don't have an extra $250+ and 20× the cost of insurance laying around (yes, Commie-Fornia speeding tickets suck), the fact that I'm on the cusp of when most officers decide to flick on their party lights is pretty damned generous of me, but also no... I'm not about to switch lanes to feed your ego either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
People who can't afford a decent radio for their car, but can afford $200-500 headphones.
You're forgetting installation costs or the time it takes to DIY... I never replaced a speaker in my E90 so I can't speak by experience, but getting to the rear speakers required me to gut the entire back end of my Toyota Solara, and what I thought was a quick fix to replace a blown speaker turned into a project that ran into the late nights. Headphones? Pair Bluetooth or plug into phone, hit play, plus you can enjoy it everywhere else... That's why I have a set of Sennheiser headphones. Not that I use it while driving since I do have the premium audio package in my car, but just trying to perhaps make a guess as to why these dingbats do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hammock View Post
I hate smelling vape clouds. Always makes me hungry.
It doesn't make me hungry, but I don't know if it has to do with the fact that I quit smoking cold turkey for NYR 2015, but anything with nicotine (cigs, vapes) gives me a headache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Pet Peeves:

People who aren't paying attention when the light turns green. I count to one and blow the horn.
You're my #1 driving pet peeve, and I've noticed that it's becoming increasingly common... I've been driving since 2001; I may forget to pick up my dry cleaning or whatever, but don't you think I know what a fucking green light is and what it represents? This is especially considering that the company car of the job I work at has auto start-stop (Chevy Equinox) and I don't want to find out the hard way if giving it gas while it's cranking would ruin the engine, so I might be all of TWO FUCKING SECONDS instead of 0.01 seconds... If it does kill the starter, I'm holding people like you responsible, regardless of whether it's due to my own stupidity trying to entertain your impatient ass or not.

Quote:
"Perk" when you mean "perq". But then - even my browser thinks perq is wrong - it's not. It's short for perquisite, which means benefit or bonus. Perk is more for tits.
Wow, TIL... I've never seen it spelled "perq" before though!

Quote:
Or those who know someone is waiting to use the ATM but will still stand there for 2 minutes to reorganize their handbag, file their receipt correctly, make sure their lipstick, hair, jewelry, etc. are all straight before they walk away.
It's even worse when it's at the drive-thru ATM where you can't go around them.
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 09:35 AM   #78
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
  1. See reply below; I almost get violent every time someone honks 0.01 seconds after the fucking light turns green as if I'm too stupid to know what it means. FUCK YOU for thinking that.
  2. When there's NO cars behind me for another 1/4 mile, but you insist on zipping out in front of me and causing me to slam brakes. If you waited an additional 2 seconds, you can pull out as if you are stuck in limp-mode 3rd gear and ultra slow, but no... Let's almost cause a fucking accident scampering out like a dog with cataracts... Makes me wonder where else in your life (or even your parent's lives) pulling out would work best.
  3. The douchebags who keep their high beams on either because THEY can't see or instead of buying a lousy $11 bulb, they think that the highs is an acceptable substitute and the cops that you're trying to avoid getting pulled over by for a broken headlight are too stupid to figure out the difference.
  4. On a wide open freeway, especially in the LA area, I'm already doing 75 in a 65, in the #3 lane out of 4 (so it's not like I'm hogging the left lane or the lane next to it)... But at least once a week, some asshole tailgates me instead of switching lanes, even when I go passive-aggressive and slow down and hope your egomaniacal ass gets the hint and use one of the many lanes available to you. YOU may be able to afford the speeding ticket, but I sure as hell don't have an extra $250+ and 20× the cost of insurance laying around (yes, Commie-Fornia speeding tickets suck), the fact that I'm on the cusp of when most officers decide to flick on their party lights is pretty damned generous of me, but also no... I'm not about to switch lanes to feed your ego either!

You're forgetting installation costs or the time it takes to DIY... I never replaced a speaker in my E90 so I can't speak by experience, but getting to the rear speakers required me to gut the entire back end of my Toyota Solara, and what I thought was a quick fix to replace a blown speaker turned into a project that ran into the late nights. Headphones? Pair Bluetooth or plug into phone, hit play, plus you can enjoy it everywhere else... That's why I have a set of Sennheiser headphones. Not that I use it while driving since I do have the premium audio package in my car, but just trying to perhaps make a guess as to why these dingbats do it.

It doesn't make me hungry, but I don't know if it has to do with the fact that I quit smoking cold turkey for NYR 2015, but anything with nicotine (cigs, vapes) gives me a headache.

You're my #1 driving pet peeve, and I've noticed that it's becoming increasingly common... I've been driving since 2001; I may forget to pick up my dry cleaning or whatever, but don't you think I know what a fucking green light is and what it represents? This is especially considering that the company car of the job I work at has auto start-stop (Chevy Equinox) and I don't want to find out the hard way if giving it gas while it's cranking would ruin the engine, so I might be all of TWO FUCKING SECONDS instead of 0.01 seconds... If it does kill the starter, I'm holding people like you responsible, regardless of whether it's due to my own stupidity trying to entertain your impatient ass or not.

Damn son.....you're wound tighter than a banjo string.
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2019, 09:41 AM   #79
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
"Perk" when you mean "perq". But then - even my browser thinks perq is wrong - it's not. It's short for perquisite, which means benefit or bonus. Perk is more for tits.
I learned something new today. I did not know this. If you google perk though, it does come back with 3 definitions, one of which being

noun: perk; plural noun: perks
money, goods, or other benefit to which one is entitled as an employee or as a shareholder of a company.
"many agencies are helping to keep personnel at their jobs by providing perks"
an advantage or benefit following from a job or situation.
"they were busy discovering the perks of town life"

Origin

early 19th century: abbreviation of perquisite.

Although you are undoubtedly correct, it seems that perk is also correct.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 09:46 AM   #80
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
im pretty sure 99% of people would think that 'perquisite' is a typo, including me.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      09-13-2019, 09:53 AM   #81
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
im pretty sure 99% of people would think that 'perquisite' is a typo, including me.
I did as well....gave it a google. Odd at how entitled we are, that we automatically assume something is wrong because it doesn't look right.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 10:09 AM   #82
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I learned something new today. I did not know this. If you google perk though, it does come back with 3 definitions, one of which being

noun: perk; plural noun: perks
money, goods, or other benefit to which one is entitled as an employee or as a shareholder of a company.
"many agencies are helping to keep personnel at their jobs by providing perks"
an advantage or benefit following from a job or situation.
"they were busy discovering the perks of town life"

Origin

early 19th century: abbreviation of perquisite.

Although you are undoubtedly correct, it seems that perk is also correct.
Yeah - like many things the misspelling has become accepted over the years.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      09-13-2019, 10:10 AM   #83
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
I don't doubt that. In fact I doubt many people think perquisite is a word.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 10:22 AM   #84
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:

I'm so glad you've been driving a whole 18 years. I have socks older than the time period you've been driving. If you are seeing an increase in the number of people blowing when the light changes perhaps you should concentrate on DRIVING and paying attention. YOU aren't the only person on the road. If your A-D-D ass can't pay attention at the light, make enough money to get a driver or pull your head out of your ass or whatever internal dialog you have going on and realize that you aren't the only person on the road.

If I'm driving across town and get caught by an additional 4 lights for 2-3 minutes each my 15 minute drive just turned into a nearly 23-27 minute drive. If that happens on a daily basis I'm in the car an extra 45-60 or so minutes per week or another 37 to 50 hours per year in the car. Rather than endure this BS, I blow the horn and I will continue to do so.

So guess what? Pull your head out of your ass and pay attention to the light. You aren't the only person on the road.

Cheers-mk

P.S. You can turn the start/stop feature off in stop-and-go traffic. In fact, it's advisable to do so.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 6
cmyx6go15561.50
King Rudi13152.00
Rmtt8206.00
N54Yankee2706.00
arkie6397.00
      09-13-2019, 10:43 AM   #85
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
P.S. You can turn the start/stop feature off in stop-and-go traffic. In fact, it's advisable to do so.
I find the Start-Stop feature to be way more usable and friendly in the 6MT than others.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      09-13-2019, 10:43 AM   #86
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I'm so glad you've been driving a whole 18 years. I have socks older than the time period you've been driving. If you are seeing an increase in the number of people blowing when the light changes perhaps you should concentrate on DRIVING and paying attention. YOU aren't the only person on the road. If your A-D-D ass can't pay attention at the light, make enough money to get a driver or pull your head out of your ass or whatever internal dialog you have going on and realize that you aren't the only person on the road.

If I'm driving across town and get caught by an additional 4 lights for 2-3 minutes each my 15 minute drive just turned into a nearly 23-27 minute drive. If that happens on a daily basis I'm in the car an extra 45-60 or so minutes per week or another 37 to 50 hours per year in the car. Rather than endure this BS, I blow the horn and I will continue to do so.

So guess what? Pull your head out of your ass and pay attention to the light. You aren't the only person on the road.

Cheers-mk

"welcome to BP. Next....."
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
UncleWede17872.50
      09-13-2019, 11:26 AM   #87
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Quote:

Cheers-mk

Bruh. As impatient as I am, usually I'd only chirp the horn if it's 3 seconds and the chick in front of me hasn't done diddly squat except continue to text, apply makeup, jill off, or whatever the hell she's doing. I'm talking about the kinds who lean on the horn the split second the light turns green as if the guy in front of them is blind or forgot what a green light means, even if like me, they're staring at the signal as if it owes them money and is just as impatiently ready to go as you are... Don't you think I have shit to do and places to go too?

As much as I wish that we copied the German signals so that it's easier to tell when to restart the car, prime the clutch of a stick shift, or even give more notice to lessen the chances of distracted morons hold up traffic (although knowing you, you'd probably start leaning on the horn as soon as that yellow light turns on)... I can also wish to be a billionaire tomorrow and have a threesome with Emily Ratajkowski and Mila Kunis in my sprawling mansion too, but I doubt any of the above will happen any time soon.

Jeez man, it's people like you that reinforces bad stereotypes about BMW drivers.

P.S.: Give me your Venmo; I'd be happy to help out with some funds for new socks... Sounds like the poor things have more holes than an afghan.
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 11:39 AM   #88
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Bruh. As impatient as I am, usually I'd only chirp the horn if it's 3 seconds and the chick in front of me hasn't done diddly squat except continue to text, apply makeup, jill off, or whatever the hell she's doing. I'm talking about the kinds who lean on the horn the split second the light turns green as if the guy in front of them is blind or forgot what a green light means, even if like me, they're staring at the signal as if it owes them money and is just as impatiently ready to go as you are... Don't you think I have shit to do and places to go too?
And now you sucked me into this. How is it you made this a chick thing? Talk about stereotypes. Very convenient deflect from the guy who has people honking at him. I'm a chick, and I'm the one with my hand on the horn for you to move your ass when the light turns green. And no, I don't put on makeup, text, or do anything other than drive when I'm behind the wheel.
MKSixer34171.50
vreihen1614883.50
Rmtt8206.00
N54Yankee2706.00