BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Today, 08:49 PM   #1
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Boeing Starliner launch scrubbed 6 May 2024

Disappointing and not entirely unexpected. I'm a moderately active follower of space exploration and was looking forward to a new crewed vehicle launch.

Boeing can't get out of its own way lately in the aviation world, and the lack of performance seems also to be present in its space operations, unfortunately.
Appreciate 1
M_Six17055.50
      Today, 09:05 PM   #2
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Disappointing and not entirely unexpected. I'm a moderately active follower of space exploration and was looking forward to a new crewed vehicle launch.

Boeing can't get out of its own way lately in the aviation world, and the lack of performance seems also to be present in its space operations, unfortunately.
At least they didn't ignore the problem and push for a launch anyway. Scary prospect flying into space with Boeing's name on the vessel.

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:37 PM   #3
Josh-PA
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991.2, n55 e88, B58 G05

I was sitting at a bar in Port Canaveral tonight hoping to see it go. Glad they followed protocol and scrubbed it though. We did see the Falcon 9 launch earlier in the day. That was my first in person launch. Super cool.
Random recommendation: if you ever want to sit at a wonderful tiki bar and watch a launch, check out Gator's Port Side.

That is a used Falcon Booster in the foreground with the rocket launching to the left
Attached Images

Appreciate 0