BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

11-04-2023, 01:26 PM   #1
AlexGree
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 xdrive30d

E61 comfort access issue. Help needed!

Hello fellow members!

I really need your help with this issue. Recently on my E61 LCI (2010) strange thing began to happen. Comfort Access stopped working on the right side of the car, passenger side (both doors front and rear). Not working neither for opening or closing.
The left side (drivers side) both doors still working perfectly, along with the trunk. Also car starts keyless no problem, and the key fob opens and closes the car (tilting windows) too.
Seem like the only problem is two doors on the right side of the car, that wouldn't open or close with comfort access feature.
ISTA showing absolutely no problems or any fault codes in CAS or CA module (all green). However I've tried to reset both modules with ISTA Service functions, did the initialization on CA module, BUT NO LUCK.

Since ISTA doesn't show any faults, I'm struggle to decide what to do, where to begin searching the problem. I will be grateful for any advice! 🥺
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2023, 04:47 AM   #2
Machinecz
Rep
Drives: BMW E60 , E63 , E64

It's essential to understand how CA (Comfort Access) functions. There's a short-range antenna located on each side, identifying the key in your pocket. When you approach the car and touch the handle, it uses infra-touch recognition, activating the antennas to search for the key's signal. If the antenna on the right side malfunctions, it won't detect the key and might not need to be completely electrically dead for the unit to recognize it as faulty. If someone with the key stands on the left side, try using CA to unlock on the right side. If successful, it clearly indicates an issue with the CA antenna on the right side of the vehicle.
Appreciate 0