BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

10-02-2018, 07:13 PM   #1
Trnc
Rep
Drives: 08' X5 3.0SD / 00' E39 M5 SC

Rebooting CCC and loss of MOST network - 2005 525d e61

Guys, i need some help:\ E61 pre-face - The CCC unit is rebooting like a drunk idiot and when running ISTA-D i get up no communication with no of the MOST modules. But the optical light comes through all the modules, so there cant be a break in the cable. Can the CCC unit be broken so that it cant run a communication with all other units even if they are all OK and the MOST signal is working? Do the 4 condensators on the ccc-pcb make this kind of problems if they die? Or is it the whole unit thats gone? This happened suddenly, and its suuuuper annoying..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 09:03 AM   #2
BMW545i_Paul
Rep
Drives: 05 BMW 545i. 02 BMW 330CI

There is a module located in the trunk that (apparently distributes power to multiple system components. While my radio and CD are functioning, the audio cuts out every couple of minutes for about 5sec. I bypass looped the MULF module but still had same result. A friend recommended I check the power module located under the spare tire. Which I will try today. If this is the cause for my car's issues it may be worth checking in your car
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 09:08 PM   #3
mweine
Work Hard! Play Harder!!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, BMW M3 CS

Garage List
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trnc View Post
Guys, i need some help:\ E61 pre-face - The CCC unit is rebooting like a drunk idiot and when running ISTA-D i get up no communication with no of the MOST modules. But the optical light comes through all the modules, so there cant be a break in the cable. Can the CCC unit be broken so that it cant run a communication with all other units even if they are all OK and the MOST signal is working? Do the 4 condensators on the ccc-pcb make this kind of problems if they die? Or is it the whole unit thats gone? This happened suddenly, and its suuuuper annoying..
Could be a cold solder in one of the PCBs within the head unit. I had the same symptoms and had the PCB repaired. Mine sometimes would stop rebooting when I pressed on different areas of the head unit's faceplate. There is an article on this issue. Google BMW E60 CCC Reboot loop issue.
Appreciate 0