BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

03-09-2022, 01:16 PM   #89
EDWYER
Yoda of mods
Rep
Drives: X5 RWD

Garage List
2015 X5 RWD  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
Good value getting Wentz 27 TD to 7 int for those. Have a feeling top CB sauce or top WR at 11. Can't wait for draft!!
YT: https://www.youtube.com/@DWYERGARAGE/videos
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 02:55 PM   #90
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWYER View Post
Good value getting Wentz 27 TD to 7 int for those. Have a feeling top CB sauce or top WR at 11. Can't wait for draft!!
Yeah, a starting QB for a couple 3rd rounders? Pretty cheap.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 03:09 PM   #91
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Wentz to Redskins (Commanders) for two 3rd rounders. Interesting to see who’ll land in Indianapolis.
As a Cowboys guy... I'm OK with this.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 03:12 PM   #92
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

One team besides Denver that is VERY happy about Russell Wilson leaving Seattle is SF.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 03:21 PM   #93
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
One team besides Denver that is VERY happy about Russell Wilson leaving Seattle is SF.
You're actually taking this far better than I could've ever imagined. I wonder if it just hasn't hit you yet lol

For instance, I'm gonna rage out more than you if we wind up signing Trubisky. Keep hearing the rumors and it's hurting my soul.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 03:31 PM   #94
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340 XDrive

Quote:
Isn’t Rodgers taking all the money with little room for the team to improve in all the areas that they’re lacking? Not sure if the Packers are your team but are you satisfied with 1 SB victory under Rodgers? Do you think the Packers should have won more during his tenure?
Do I think they should have one more than 1 yes, probably 2 more with the roster they had last year and the year prior.

Was Rodgers the reason they lost both years? No

2020 their offensive line was banged up and arguably the best LT in the game at the time (Bak) tore his ACL. You face Tampa that had a fierce pass rush and Rodgers was scrambling most of the game.

2021 I could place some of the blame on Rodgers, finally the defence showed up and really only gave up 3 points, but special teams weren’t so ‘special’ and gave up 10…7 on a blocked punt for a TD and a big return where SF went 3 and out and kicked a FG. Offence did not do much after the Lewis fumble and looked lost. Is that all on Rodgers, sure he’s the QB and leads the offence. Take away the 10 points special teams gave up and Green Bay wins 10-3 and Rodgers “did enough to win”

But everyone likes to blame the QB when they lose and praise when they win, forgetting it’s a team sport.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 03:31 PM   #95
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
You're actually taking this far better than I could've ever imagined. I wonder if it just hasn't hit you yet lol

For instance, I'm gonna rage out more than you if we wind up signing Trubisky. Keep hearing the rumors and it's hurting my soul.
Trubisky would be a fool to go to the Giants as they can’t offer him no more than maybe $3M. We’re still far above the cap as he can get upwards of $10M believe it or not on the open market. There are still a boatload of teams that need a QB and he’ll be highly scouted.

Best bet for a Giants backup? FitzMagic.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 03:37 PM   #96
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:

Well, WTF can I do about it? With all the rumors that had been floating around the past year or so, I started suspecting some shit was going on. Then I heard lately RW was wanting "Mahomes money" so I'm like f*** you then. My team has sucked ass for a while now and has let me down more times than I can count, so it was just a matter of time before someone decided to pull the pin from the grenade.

No, it has not completely sunk it yet. If you want to go there, I STILL can't f'n believe the Seattle Supersonics left town because the Starbucks CEO was an idiot and sold the team to some Oklahoma douchebags to whom I hate to this day. Lying MFers. What's shocking to me is that Seattle still doesn't have an NBA team. It's not right. I watched games growing up when they actually played in the King Dome. I saw Gus Williams, Jack Sikma, "Downtown" Freddie Brown, etc. play ball. Then I saw the "glove" and Shawn Kemp tear it up years later. This is an NFL thread, I digress.

It's going to be very strange to say the least to watch Seahawks games without #3. I still have no idea who the hell they think they're going to play as QB. Maybe they'll pull off some huge deal with some team (don't know who) with all their draft capital but they have a lot of holes to plug. Shitty all the way around. Oh and fuck the Rams!
Appreciate 1
shoei7778.00
      03-09-2022, 03:44 PM   #97
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongoxxx View Post
Do I think they should have one more than 1 yes, probably 2 more with the roster they had last year and the year prior.

Was Rodgers the reason they lost both years? No

But everyone likes to blame the QB when they lose and praise when they win, forgetting it’s a team sport.
When the Packers last won the Super Bowl, who was MVP? Rodgers. He got the credit obviously for playing a great game because if he didn’t, Big Ben would have 3 now. When you’re labeled for being great, you get the praise and the blame.

Also, NFC Championship game January 2021 he could have had a shot at running it in the end zone. I blame that on him.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 03:44 PM   #98
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Brady took less money for the team to acquire legitimate talent in other areas for the Pats to win and the Bucs. Again, don’t get me wrong here, I would love to have a QB of Rodgers stature on the Giants but Packer fans cannot praise the guy when he wins and look the other way when the Packers lose. Someone’s gotta take the blame so they cannot have it both ways.
Also have to consider the difference in team philosophies. Brady taking team friendly deals was part of their success, also BB finding castaways and paying minimum while getting maximum potential and sprinkling in free agents with the extra money.

GB has always been a draft and develop team - rightly or wrongly. Also generally do not resign top players when they are due to ‘get paid’ and usually do not make big, if any, splashes in free agency. This has been their philosophy and it has only been the last few years with Rodgers ‘crying’ about it (as reported by the media) that they have started to make more FA signings. Has the philosophy worked as a franchise? Sure they win lots of games and usually make he playoff year over year. Is that enough success, well as a fan I’d love to see them win more SBs, but it’s not easy to have the continued success and win the SB every year.

Trust me I’ll call a spade a spade, I’m surprised I didn’t break more stuff watching Favre play…loved the player, but man, killed you watching with him throwing so many interceptions.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 03:48 PM   #99
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Well, WTF can I do about it? With all the rumors that had been floating around the past year or so, I started suspecting some shit was going on. Then I heard lately RW was wanting "Mahomes money" so I'm like f*** you then. My team has sucked ass for a while now and has let me down more times than I can count, so it was just a matter of time before someone decided to pull the pin from the grenade.

No, it has not completely sunk it yet. If you want to go there, I STILL can't f'n believe the Seattle Supersonics left town because the Starbucks CEO was an idiot and sold the team to some Oklahoma douchebags to whom I hate to this day. Lying MFers. What's shocking to me is that Seattle still doesn't have an NBA team. It's not right. I watched games growing up when they actually played in the King Dome. I saw Gus Williams, Jack Sikma, "Downtown" Freddie Brown, etc. play ball. Then I saw the "glove" and Shawn Kemp tear it up years later. This is an NFL thread, I digress.

It's going to be very strange to say the least to watch Seahawks games without #3. I still have no idea who the hell they think they're going to play as QB. Maybe they'll pull off some huge deal with some team (don't know who) with all their draft capital but they have a lot of holes to plug. Shitty all the way around. Oh and fuck the Rams!
Y'all getting another nba team soon, calm yo tits.

Besides, you can always go root for the four time wnba champs the Seattle Storm.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 03:50 PM   #100
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Also, NFC Championship game January 2021 he could have had a shot at running it in the end zone. I blame that on him.
Agree, and Russel Wilson could have changed to a run play and handed the ball off for SB win #2…but no one blames him, they all blame PC for the play call.

Everyone likes to trash Rodgers for whatever reason, maybe because he’s so talented, maybe because he’s portrayed as a entitled cry baby?

I’m happy he’s the QB for my Packers for the next couple years regardless. And I say my Packers as I’m an owner
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 03:51 PM   #101
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Y'all getting another nba team soon, calm yo tits.

Besides, you can always go root for the four time wnba champs the Seattle Storm.
That's news to me but we'll see.
I'd rather take a shit than watch the WNBA. Lol.
Appreciate 1
shoei7778.00
      03-09-2022, 03:56 PM   #102
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Agree, and Russel Wilson could have changed to a run play and handed the ball off for SB win #2…but no one blames him, they all blame PC for the play call.

Everyone likes to trash Rodgers for whatever reason, maybe because he’s so talented, maybe because he’s portrayed as a entitled cry baby?

I’m happy he’s the QB for my Packers for the next couple years regardless. And I say my Packers as I’m an owner
For whatever reason? He acts like a douchebag most of the time, that's ONE reason. Throw in the fact he throws around conspiracy bullshit all the time. Yeah, whatever.

RW could and should have won the SB twice by the way. If he only would have handed off to Beast Mode he'd have one more SB win than your hero Rodgers.
Appreciate 1
tcphoto3475.50
      03-09-2022, 04:37 PM   #103
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

For one thing he’s full of drama but can get away with it with his regular season play. As for PC’s call, RW should have overruled that play so yes, I blame RW.

Quote:
That's news to me but we'll see.
I'd rather take a shit than watch the WNBA. Lol.
What is WNBA? Is that a minor basketball league?

Quote:
For whatever reason? He acts like a douchebag most of the time, that's ONE reason. Throw in the fact he throws around conspiracy bullshit all the time. Yeah, whatever.

RW could and should have won the SB twice by the way. If he only would have handed off to Beast Mode he'd have one more SB win than your hero Rodgers.
This will RUN through your mind for eternity as time won’t make this PASS.
Appreciate 2
Torgus3779.00
TiMSport12786.50
      03-09-2022, 04:44 PM   #104
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Also have to consider the difference in team philosophies. Brady taking team friendly deals was part of their success, also BB finding castaways and paying minimum while getting maximum potential and sprinkling in free agents with the extra money.
https://sports.yahoo.com/would-the-p...181906268.html <-- actually a decent read.

“He felt that if you left some money on the table, it would allow us to have a chance to get more good players around him," Pioli added. "The more good players we had around him, the better team we would have, therefore potentially the better chance to win more. Tommy’s method of measurement has always been about championships, not, you know, the world seeing how much money he makes.”

Some play for money, some play for Glory. I'd rather be on a team with the leader that wants us to win and is willing to sacrifice for the greater good. To some being apart of a winning team is more important that being well paid.

What is your goal? Money or Winning? Legacy is more important than money to some.

FALCO!!!

Appreciate 1
tcphoto3475.50
      03-09-2022, 04:58 PM   #105
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

Quote:
Single digit share holder?
      03-09-2022, 05:13 PM   #106
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
Quote:
It's kinda cute. Like when you give a toddler Disney shares. Then they grow up to say they're an owner of Disney.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12786.50
      03-09-2022, 05:21 PM   #107
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
Yes, so what’s your point?

Bought shares in the 2011 offering and the one this year. Would have bought in the 1997 one, but it wasn’t made available to Canadian Residents.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 05:25 PM   #108
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
.... As for PC’s call, RW should have overruled that play so yes, I blame RW.

This will RUN through your mind for eternity as time won’t make this PASS.
Obviously it's a painful memory but it was long ago and honestly I've gotten more used to the useless Seahawks as of late. BTW, here's a good analysis of that infamous SB play. It was probably the correct call but the Pats did something different that led to the INT. F***!

Oh and I see what you did there with "PASS". Lol.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/6/...-the-dang-ball
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 05:28 PM   #109
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It's kinda cute. Like when you give a toddler Disney shares. Then they grow up to say they're an owner of Disney.
Lol okay sure, at least the team has found a way to fund their longer term plans - asking fans to support instead of begging the city/state (or threatening to move) to fund their stadium expansion/upgrades and surrounding campus.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 05:31 PM   #110
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Any Hags fan should be ecstatic at the haul extracted from Denver for an aging, declining QB who wants young elite stud money. Funkdat. Shelling out massive $$ to a guy like this is what holds you down for YEARS. Now with all that draft capital, a rebuild can begin. Meanwhile, the Donks will be better (because anyone would have been an upgrade) but still won't compete in the division IMHO.

Anybody want Kyler Murray? He needs to GO!