BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

06-10-2011, 04:09 PM   #1
steviewonder
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i xdrive

Need Help Please.. How Do I Reset Idrive

i was playing music from my iphone through one of those cigarette lighter transmitters through the radio and all of a sudden it started making that interference noise and then my screen went black. then the bmw sign popped back up as if it was trying to reset it self but it wont reset. please let me know asap if anyone knows whats wrong!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
NIGnBMW
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E60, Black Sapphire

Quote:
i was playing music from my iphone through one of those cigarette lighter transmitters through the radio and all of a sudden it started making that interference noise and then my screen went black. then the bmw sign popped back up as if it was trying to reset it self but it wont reset. please let me know asap if anyone knows whats wrong!!!!
Steve,
A sure fire way to reset the iDrive is to disconnect the negative lead on the battery for at least 5 minutes and then re-connect. In actuality once you shut the car down and arm it, it will go into sleep mode within a few minutes and the iDrive should reset itself. In any event disconnecting the battery will also do the trick.
      06-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #3
steviewonder
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGnBMW View Post
Steve,
A sure fire way to reset the iDrive is to disconnect the negative lead on the battery for at least 5 minutes and then re-connect. In actuality once you shut the car down and arm it, it will go into sleep mode within a few minutes and the iDrive should reset itself. In any event disconnecting the battery will also do the trick.

thanks i did that but nothing worked. i had to get the car checked out by a dealer and i just really hope i dont have to replace any modules. it seems like its going to be really really expensive
Appreciate 0