BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Sim Racing

11-17-2023, 06:34 PM   #1
matduggy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series Touring (F31)

F1 Arcade

Has anyone been to either of the F1 Arcades in London or Birmingham, and would you recommend?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2023, 01:52 AM   #2
matduggy
Registered
Rep

Just to report back from a recent visit with work, I took a few snaps.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      12-08-2023, 02:49 AM   #3
Malteser_wfj
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i 2012 Manual

I've been to the one in London twice and think it's great!

As the name suggests, it's more of an arcade than a true sim but you will have hilarious moments with mates and the cocktails and drinks are reasonably priced for where you are.

I think it's worth the visit 100% and a friend who won tickets to a watch party there said that was a great experience, but what was best is the unlimited use of the sim's while everyone else was watching the race lol
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 10:32 PM   #4
matduggy
Registered
Rep

Yeah, it’s great isn’t it, I’ve now booked to go back again next week.

The venue I visited was in Birmingham, only the second one in the world to open.

For the benefit of others, it’s basically a social racing venue. A bit like Flight Club (without the darts) or Sixes Cricket (without the wickets), combining an activity (in this case, racing) with eating and drinking. Its ideal for the corporate market, as well as big groups of mates looking for something different. Inside it’s a really nice space and even as a bar, it’s pretty swanky and people were just going there to drink… perhaps as the novelty wears off that might happen less but still for now it had a good vibe. And a good mix of men and women!

You can race in teams of up to six players. We had three players in ours, although I was disappointed the race itself only had 10 cars instead of the usual 20 runners. I wonder if that’s a limitation of the hardware, I never did find out.

Apparently each rig is worth £60k 🤯 so some serious kit! But agreed, it is more arcadey than a sim. My main criticisms would be that it doesn’t have enough feedback (even though the rig moves and vibrates), so you don’t know when you’re going to lose control. And there’s no damage. However, I guess they have to make it accessible to all to keep the experience enjoyable.

Definitely recommend if you get the opportunity!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 08:06 AM   #5
zero2sixtyZ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 + f15

Garage List
They are opening one in Boston (US) soon, and within walking distance from my office. The pictures look great, matduggy. Looking forward to the opening here.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:09 AM   #6
thiefcrazy98
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by matduggy View Post
Just to report back from a recent visit with work, I took a few snaps.
What's the hz of these machines?
Appreciate 0