F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > idrive display screen not turning on/ 2020 430xi
ARMA SPEED

11-13-2023, 06:49 PM   #1
Rickyalva
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 430xi

idrive display screen not turning on/ 2020 430xi

I recently shipped my car from Germany to Korea. When it arrived my idrive display wasn’t working. I tried resetting the system by holding the volume knob down and by disconnecting the negative for a minute or so and checked some fuses on the rear fuse box (do the have the fuse diagram). Are there any other steps I can take to try and solve the issue or do I have to take it to the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2023, 07:00 PM   #2
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

take the dash apart and chk the quad lock (back of HU) and cable to screen. re-seat them both and see what happens.

good luck.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 02:10 AM   #3
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyalva View Post
I recently shipped my car from Germany to Korea. When it arrived my idrive display wasn’t working. I tried resetting the system by holding the volume knob down and by disconnecting the negative for a minute or so and checked some fuses on the rear fuse box (do the have the fuse diagram). Are there any other steps I can take to try and solve the issue or do I have to take it to the dealer?
Does your screen say “No Signal”?

If the screen has power (through cable from HU) and no sync signal, you will get a “NO SIGNAL” message on the CID. You do not mention this so assume “NO SIGNAL” not showing.

If not, then either (1) your CID died or (2) the cable connected to the HU is either bad or a loose connection or (3) the HU has died/not getting power.

You shipped from Germany to Korea. Was it your car in Germany and you know unit was working when shipped?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2023, 06:28 PM   #4
Rickyalva
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 430xi

The screen is completely out/nothing displays.

When I shipped my car the display was completely functional. No issues in the past either.

I’ll take it apart and check the connection after that most likely take it to a dealership.
Appreciate 0