F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Aux Input Coding Issues
ARMA SPEED

12-02-2023, 09:47 AM   #1
martinarcher
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i xDrive Msport

Aux Input Coding Issues

Hello all. I bought a used 2018 F30. I am trying to use Bimmercode to code in the aux input on the head unit to use an MMI Pro to get Android Auto on the car. MMI Pro install was super easy and is complete along with the wireless charger.

When trying to open the Head Unit to code it with Bimmercode I get "coding head unit not possible because it is not in its original state"

After doing some digging on the net it sounds like the previous owner must have enabled Carplay with Feature Installer (my guess) and because of that change Bimmercode isn't happy with the module's state. I have verified on the iDrive that Carplay is present.

Can I revert the Carplay addition with Feature Installer so I can code the aux input? I don't have the Feature Installer code the original owner used. Is there another way to enable the aux input or a Bimmercode workaround?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2023, 10:11 AM   #2
BeamerAR15
Private
Rep
Drives: F30

If your MMI is not on the latest software, it blocks the coding of the headunit.
Contact the seller for a update.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2023, 10:58 AM   #3
martinarcher
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i xDrive Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerAR15 View Post
If your MMI is not on the latest software, it blocks the coding of the headunit.
Contact the seller for a update.
I was getting the Bimmercode coding error on the Hu module before I installed the MMI.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 09:27 PM   #4
maaii11
Private
Rep
Drives: Mini F54

Have to use esys to code, your HU patched before for carplay. so bimmercode can't support it
Appreciate 0