BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-11-2022, 01:13 PM   #6227
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Place your bets now. The children in that video will become a statistic by the time they reach junior high school……

….and when they do, the parents/media will find the most innocent photograph of them and paint them as a beacon in their community.
Thats in St Paul, it's not surprising. I avoid St Paul and Minneapolis, they've went down hill pretty bad over the last 10 years, and MPLS even more so in the past couple years.

Downtown MPLS was a shit show on the 4th. People were driving around shooting fireworks at pedestrians out the sun roof. And not the little bottle rocket types. Full crowds of people and shits going off right in the middle of them all.
I saw that video. Craziness!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2022, 06:09 PM   #6228
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Wow! So much aggression from a child who is obviously not being raised by proper parents. I didn't even know expletives at that age. Horrible!
Incredible level of aggression toward an adult they don't know... my mind is having a difficult time accepting that there are kids out there like this.

I think the internet exposes realities about classes in America that most middle/middle-upper/upper classes have zero experience with.. and it's beyond shocking and disturbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25113.50
paquet629.50
      07-11-2022, 06:13 PM   #6229
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Quote:
Wow! So much aggression from a child who is obviously not being raised by proper parents. I didn't even know expletives at that age. Horrible!
Incredible level of aggression toward an adult they don't know... my mind is having a difficult time accepting that there are kids out there like this.

I think the internet exposes realities about classes in America that most middle/middle-upper/upper classes have zero experience with.. and it's beyond shocking and disturbing.
If you were in So.Cal I would invite you to ride with me for a shift. There are things you'd have to see to believe. I once pulled a fake Glock - that looked and felt exactly like a real Glock firearm - out of the waistline of a 13 year old Hispanic girl; we almost shot her. Absolutely unreal!
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615278.50
      07-11-2022, 06:47 PM   #6230
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
If you were in So.Cal I would invite you to ride with me for a shift. There are things you'd have to see to believe. I once pulled a fake Glock - that looked and felt exactly like a real Glock firearm - out of the waistline of a 13 year old Hispanic girl; we almost shot her. Absolutely unreal!
Some people are fortunate enough to never be exposed to this side of life. And for those of us raised by loving parents that instilled respect for others, a work ethic and gratitude for our good fortune a child this age with this much rage is hard to believe.

I am far from a perfect person and wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth. But I was gifted with two parents that cared about me and my siblings.

Having been exposed to the ghetto by living on my own in Venice Beach area on the streets for a year as a young teen I understand how messed up some cultures are. I have no idea how police work in those communities.
Appreciate 4
Sedan_Clan25113.50
paquet629.50
      07-11-2022, 07:56 PM   #6231
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I would like to do that… I've always been interested in police work - now I'm too old to be of much help I assume…

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      07-11-2022, 10:11 PM   #6232
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I would like to do that… I've always been interested in police work - now I'm too old to be of much help I assume…
Most departments don't have an age cap; those that do have a mandatory retirement age (…some State departments, most Federal departments, etc.). We have reserves on our department that are older dudes, but they sure do get into stuff. Lol! …..and they can talk shit with the best of them; they are old school.
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2022, 10:25 PM   #6233
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Damnnnn!!! Failed to prepare and…..well!!!!???

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cf5P4...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2022, 12:39 AM   #6234
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:

WOW!!!!! Looks like murder to me. Am I wrong?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2022, 12:58 AM   #6235
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Quote:

WOW!!!!! Looks like murder to me. Am I wrong?
This looks to be a mutual combat situation (..242 P.C.) that escalated into an assault with a deadly weapon situation (..245 P.C.). It's likely going to result in a manslaughter charge, although I would imagine he's going to attempt to argue self-defense. It's going to be a hard sell IMHO, but there's also no context to that video. There was a moment where it looked like the situation would've been neutralized had the male in the white pants just kept walking. Instead he decided to stop, turn around and re-engage the other males. It will be tough to argue "self-defense" when he chose to re-engage. I would like to see what transpired the five minutes leading up to the stabbing.
Appreciate 3
Buug95917411.00
      07-12-2022, 05:16 AM   #6236
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Love it!

Any additional pics of the third sword from the top?
Here you go! Always fun to talk shop with a fellow enthusiast who can appreciate the build of a fine weapon... However I must admit that this one is decorative, only. Not full tang, but I liked the ninja-esgue look of it when I first started collecting.
The hand guard/ tsuba has an insect design which I liked and the red/black color scheme sealed the deal, lol.
Attached Images

07-12-2022, 09:10 AM   #6237
Pablo Chacon
Mexico
Rep
Drives: ///M320i and X5

Quote:

Wow, that was disturbing and “mostly peaceful.”
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      07-12-2022, 09:26 AM   #6238
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Quote:
Love it!

Any additional pics of the third sword from the top?
Here you go! Always fun to talk shop with a fellow enthusiast who can appreciate the build of a fine weapon... However I must admit that this one is decorative, only. Not full tang, but I liked the ninja-esgue look of it when I first started collecting.
The hand guard/ tsuba has an insect design which I liked and the red/black color scheme sealed the deal, lol.
It's very clean. I have a few that are decorative as well. Nothing wrong with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Chacon View Post
Quote:

Wow, that was disturbing and "mostly peaceful."
I'm still trying to figure out where that occurred. I thought I heard Canadian accents?!?
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2022, 09:31 AM   #6239
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

You know what's really, really bothering me? The situation in New York where the 61 year old man is being charged for stabbing the black male (…multiple felon/paroled) who was attacking him in his bodega. That is an open & shut self-defense case. New York is as screwed up as California.
Appreciate 5
      07-12-2022, 09:44 AM   #6240
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
You know what's really, really bothering me? The situation in New York where the 61 year old man is being charged for stabbing the black male (…multiple felon/paroled) who was attacking him in his bodega. That is an open & shut self-defense case. New York is as screwed up at California.
Did you read the entire story? It's really screwed up. There is a video which shows the dirt bag's girl friend stabbing the worker but she didn't get arrested!

Crime is off the charts here. I think it's worse now than what it was back in the late 70s early 80s. And if arrested, they are out before the police finish writing their reports. And here we have some poor guy trying to defend himself and the jerk DA presses murder charges and $500K bail? Seriously?
jmack548.50
vreihen1615278.50
Buug95917411.00
      07-12-2022, 09:55 AM   #6241
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Quote:
You know what's really, really bothering me? The situation in New York where the 61 year old man is being charged for stabbing the black male (…multiple felon/paroled) who was attacking him in his bodega. That is an open & shut self-defense case. New York is as screwed up at California.
Did you read the entire story? It's really screwed up. There is a video which shows the dirt bag's girl friend stabbing the worker but she didn't get arrested!

Crime is off the charts here. I think it's worse now than what it was back in the late 70s early 80s. And if arrested, they are out before the police finish writing their reports. And here we have some poor guy trying to defend himself and the jerk DA presses murder charges and $500K bail? Seriously?
Wow! I didn't realize she had stabbed him. Both of those "patrons" are/were pieces of filth. The D.A. is right up there with them. I can't see how this even makes it to trial.
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2022, 09:56 AM   #6242
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
It's very clean. I have a few that are decorative as well. Nothing wrong with that!

I'm still trying to figure out where that occurred. I thought I heard Canadian accents?!?
I'm thinking Britain.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      07-12-2022, 10:00 AM   #6243
Pablo Chacon
Mexico
Rep
Drives: ///M320i and X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
I'm thinking Britain.
No way, assault knives are banned there, couldn’t be. /s
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615278.50
      07-12-2022, 10:01 AM   #6244
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
Quote:

I'm thinking Britain.
You're likely right.

As I watch the video again, I'm beginning to wonder if a couple of those males were trying to show off for the women, and unfortunately it just didn't work out too well for one of them. Such a huge lack of situational awareness.
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2022, 10:32 AM   #6245
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
We have a different standard of self-defense here.....
      07-12-2022, 10:49 AM   #6246
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Quote:
We have a different standard of self-defense here.....
Hopefully your state doesn't waver. The problem here are the D.A.'s trying to make political statements rather than utilizing the law as intended. It's crazy here! The same crime committed in neighboring counties is handled two different ways. In Los Angeles County, criminals receive a pass. In Orange County, criminals get jail time.
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2022, 12:24 PM   #6247
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Hopefully your state doesn't waver. The problem here are the D.A.'s trying to make political statements rather than utilizing the law as intended. It's crazy here! The same crime committed in neighboring counties is handled two different ways. In Los Angeles County, criminals receive a pass. In Orange County, criminals get jail time.
Each one of the five burros (sic) in NYC has their own DA, and some have the same California attitudes about prosecuting.

From what I've read and the short video clip on the TV news obviously cropped to support the victim, the attacker was merely arguing with the store clerk because his girlfriend's card was declined. He was behind the counter in the store clerk's work space and blocking his exit, but the only thing that I saw in the video was a shove of the clerk before the clerk went lethal with the impromptu box cutter. We are not a "stand your ground" state.

Per the noon TV news, the DA has made a statement after meeting with a bodega-owner's association that he is watching his office's investigation for now. and will make a determination once that is completed. I doubt that they will be throwing the store clerk a ticker tape parade, but I don't think that he's going to walk free.....
      07-12-2022, 06:24 PM   #6248
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cf7dKEK...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

In other news…..

….we had a string of 7-11 robberies on 7/11/22. The suspect robbed 6 or 7 stores in So.Cal, killing and injuring multiple people in the process.
Appreciate 1
jamesinaz1646.50