BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

10-20-2020, 08:12 AM   #2619
JP10
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Shoulders/biceps and my usually cardio pre and post. Not sure what I want to do as far as a goal goes. I feel so much better during my workout when I'm maintaining or cutting. When bulking I just feel so damn bloated. I workout first thing in the morning, so sometimes it is hard to get past the discomfort and push through my lift lol. Might just maintain for the time being. I like being lean for the holidays so I can gorge myself to my hearts content, so I'll probably start a small cut in a few weeks. Overall just pretty content at where I am. Right around 185, 5'10", maybe 12-14%BF nothing crazy but I'm quite comfortable here.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi8716.50

10-20-2020, 08:22 AM   #2620
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Shoulders/biceps and my usually cardio pre and post. Not sure what I want to do as far as a goal goes. I feel so much better during my workout when I'm maintaining or cutting. When bulking I just feel so damn bloated. I workout first thing in the morning, so sometimes it is hard to get past the discomfort and push through my lift lol. Might just maintain for the time being. I like being lean for the holidays so I can gorge myself to my hearts content, so I'll probably start a small cut in a few weeks. Overall just pretty content at where I am. Right around 185, 5'10", maybe 12-14%BF nothing crazy but I'm quite comfortable here.
Dealing with the same right now as I'm gradually increasing calories. Techincally I'm still in cutting calories but can already feel the fluff starting to grow. I will say that I can feel my shoulders and chest growing also though. My skin feel tight around everything, but I can't stand that extra jiggle around my abs. I seem to operate much better in a cut for some reason. I'm able to monitor my calories and stick to it; but in a bulk I have the hardest time mentally with the extra weight that comes with building the muscle.
Appreciate 1
JP10931.50

10-20-2020, 08:43 AM   #2621
JP10
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Dealing with the same right now as I'm gradually increasing calories. Techincally I'm still in cutting calories but can already feel the fluff starting to grow. I will say that I can feel my shoulders and chest growing also though. My skin feel tight around everything, but I can't stand that extra jiggle around my abs. I seem to operate much better in a cut for some reason. I'm able to monitor my calories and stick to it; but in a bulk I have the hardest time mentally with the extra weight that comes with building the muscle.
Right the tough part is definitely mental when trying to gain. If you can get past that, eat like a freak, then you will grow, but unfortunately this growth is not limited to muscle. I've done cutting/bulking for years now, and have battled that time and time again. But at this point, and it has to do with my career as well, I feel like I am at a solid size professionally. If I start growing too much I don't like how my business clothes fit. I'm at this in-between size right now where a medium is much too small and a large can be baggy at times. This can be taken care of by wearing a large slim fit dress shirt, but to do so I need to keep my midsection lean. Such a pain in the ass lol. Don't even get me started on pants, need a 36 for the leg size but can probably fit in a 32. And before anyone asks no I'm not shelling out that much coin for a tailored suit lol.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi8716.50

10-20-2020, 09:29 AM   #2622
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Right the tough part is definitely mental when trying to gain. If you can get past that, eat like a freak, then you will grow, but unfortunately this growth is not limited to muscle. I've done cutting/bulking for years now, and have battled that time and time again. But at this point, and it has to do with my career as well, I feel like I am at a solid size professionally. If I start growing too much I don't like how my business clothes fit. I'm at this in-between size right now where a medium is much too small and a large can be baggy at times. This can be taken care of by wearing a large slim fit dress shirt, but to do so I need to keep my midsection lean. Such a pain in the ass lol. Don't even get me started on pants, need a 36 for the leg size but can probably fit in a 32. And before anyone asks no I'm not shelling out that much coin for a tailored suit lol.
I battle with the exact same issues, but on the lower end considering I got as small as I did. I bulk, my clothes don't fit, I cut, my clothes don't fit. Funny, about mid-way through my cut or bulk, they seem to fit a little better. Back when I wore a suit and tie everyday, I could completely relate to this. I'm glad they started making slim fit dress shirts more commonly available. I'm also right there with you on shirt sizes. I jokingly complain about no one making an Extra Medium
Appreciate 1
JP10931.50

10-20-2020, 11:02 AM   #2623
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Slim-fit dress shirts, now that has become a real joke. I remember when they first came to my attention, and I sought them out. Nowadays, I can't figure out who even wear a regular fit shirt. I'm by no means slim thru the waist, and not really all that HE-UGE across the shoulders. But I'm still always trying to figure out how to best fold a section of shirt to keep from fluffing in the wind.
On the pants, at least since no public is allowed in the building, I no longer have to wear even business casual. I've found that Carhart jeans has a 35 waist. AHHHH, the gods have shown their pleasure at my nearly 40 years of lifting!! OK, I have to wear a belt, but at least my thighs don't itch at eh end of the day.

UNFORTUNATELY, the doc told me yesterday the most vigorous exercise I'm allowed to perform now is < 30 on an eliptical, but he strongly recommends simple walking. Yet when I discuss my continued pattern of high glucose (2-300 fasting) unless I take a significant extra bolus of insulin, he doesn't have an answer. Since WC, I'm electing to actually follow his instructions, for now.
Appreciate 2
JP10931.50
King Rudi8716.50

10-20-2020, 11:50 AM   #2624
rebekahb
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Arms and abs today but still slightly modified due to the back bothering me. I've never done anything to my back before but it's a bitch. I'm going for another massage tomorrow.

As far as slim cut shirts and men. For those guys who look like stick poles it's great. My husband has broad shoulders so in slim fit he has to go up a size to fit his shoulders.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 02:40 PM   #2625
JP10
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Arms and abs today but still slightly modified due to the back bothering me. I've never done anything to my back before but it's a bitch. I'm going for another massage tomorrow.

As far as slim cut shirts and men. For those guys who look like stick poles it's great. My husband has broad shoulders so in slim fit he has to go up a size to fit his shoulders.
Dang that is tough about your back, hopefully you get it sorted out and it doesn't show it's head again.

Yeah I've accepted that dress shirts aren't made for those who workout, although I have been seeing some companies coming out with Athletic Fit. Which seems larger in the back/shoulder areas and tapers to the waist, best of both worlds. Only some Large Slim Fit shirts will fit me, depends how generous they are in the shoulder area, most feel like I am about to hulk out of them lol!
Appreciate 0