BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

01-23-2023, 01:43 PM   #1101
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Rodgers a $40 mil cap hit if traded before June 1st, otherwise spread over 2 years. Not happening.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 01:44 PM   #1102
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
dak is an 90mill cap hit if cut/traded this offseason. not happening.
Yikes. Things could be worse as you could be a Knicks fan like myself.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 01:50 PM   #1103
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakefront View Post
Rodgers a $40 mil cap hit if traded before June 1st, otherwise spread over 2 years. Not happening.
Do Packers fans want Rodgers back, or are they ready to see what Love can do? Just a general question not considering the complicating factors with the contract finance stuff. As a Vikes fan, watching 30+ years of hall of fame quarterbacks for the Packers, I have an opinion
      01-23-2023, 02:24 PM   #1104
lakefront
Captain
Rep

Well, I wanted them to trade Rodgers before giving him that huge contract. Would hve been a PR nightmare to trade the 2 time MVP but he's never going to play that well again with the lineup they have. Rumors of Packers getting 2 first and a second round pick for him a year ago. I would have taken that in a minute. Nearly untradable now, and going to be pissed off that managment will get rid of some of his favorite players. You know, the ones that are washed up but he won't admit it.....Cobb, Bakhtiari, etc.
Don't think Love will ever be a productive starter but remains to be seen I guess. And with Lafluer already saying he's bringing back the idiot that runs the defense, I think the Vikes and Lions will have the division for a while.
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan1945.50
      01-23-2023, 02:48 PM   #1105
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well, I wanted them to trade Rodgers before giving him that huge contract. Would hve been a PR nightmare to trade the 2 time MVP but he's never going to play that well again with the lineup they have. Rumors of Packers getting 2 first and a second round pick for him a year ago. I would have taken that in a minute. Nearly untradable now, and going to be pissed off that managment will get rid of some of his favorite players. You know, the ones that are washed up but he won't admit it.....Cobb, Bakhtiari, etc.
Don't think Love will ever be a productive starter but remains to be seen I guess. And with Lafluer already saying he's bringing back the idiot that runs the defense, I think the Vikes and Lions will have the division for a while.
Got it. Not sure what to think of the NFC north next year. Are the Lions really good, and will they sustain what they started to build this year, or will they regress in true Lions fashion? The Vikes have so much work to do to fix their defense it feels like a couple years of rebuilding. The Bears might stand to have the biggest upside next year. I could see all the NFC north teams being around 500 next season, and not sure who I would pick as a favorite to win the division.
lakefront560.50
      01-23-2023, 04:21 PM   #1106
lakefront
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
Got it. Not sure what to think of the NFC north next year. Are the Lions really good, and will they sustain what they started to build this year, or will they regress in true Lions fashion? The Vikes have so much work to do to fix their defense it feels like a couple years of rebuilding. The Bears might stand to have the biggest upside next year. I could see all the NFC north teams being around 500 next season, and not sure who I would pick as a favorite to win the division.
Do you trust the Bears not to screw up this years draft? They need a LOT of help. Maybe in a few years....
If I was the Vikes I would rebuild the Oline then the defense. You cant waste the skill players they have, even counting Kirk. That's a great asembly of talent that can't be utilized with a weak Oline.
Hard to figure Detroit....but they've been drafting early for YEARS now, they got to have a fair amount of talent. Very good Oline for one. And Goff plays well within the system.
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan1945.50
      01-23-2023, 04:33 PM   #1107
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Do you trust the Bears not to screw up this years draft? They need a LOT of help. Maybe in a few years....
If I was the Vikes I would rebuild the Oline then the defense. You cant waste the skill players they have, even counting Kirk. That's a great asembly of talent that can't be utilized with a weak Oline.
Hard to figure Detroit....but they've been drafting early for YEARS now, they got to have a fair amount of talent. Very good Oline for one. And Goff plays well within the system.
I don't really know what to think but feels like the Vikes are so far off from being a good team and I can't get behind them being dominant in the north. They are the NFC version of the Titans. How they won 13 games this year is incredible. And overall there seems to be a big culture and/or attitude piece that is missing. Aside from Jefferson (and I guess Patrick Peterson) there aren't really personalities that stand out and help shape the identity of the team. There needs to be more players with mojo and swagger, that are able to strike fear in their opponents.
      01-23-2023, 04:42 PM   #1108
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
I'm his kryptonite so he'll need more than glasses.

TXSTYLE, your thoughts on coach and QB? Payton might go with the Broncos so are you happy with McCarthy's return? Dump Dak for Lamar, Jimmy G or Drama Arod? Another WR? What's it gonna take for your team to get over that hump?

No need in making any excuses for My Boys F30lolz , they just got beat. Plain and simple. We can sit here all day and say Dallas should have won that game, but the fact is Dak got beat by Mr. Irrelevant, and throwing two pics in the red zone doesn't help. However, the defense looked on point. Did a pretty good job of containing Purdy, and only allowed 19 pts to a team that's averaged 30+points their last 12 games. Last team to hold them under 20 was the Saints back on 11/27. But again….no excuses here! Cowboys just got beat, and that's all that matters.

Last edited by GERMAN M3; 01-23-2023 at 04:48 PM..
Appreciate 2
lakefront560.50
F30lolz6798.50
      01-24-2023, 08:39 AM   #1109
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Do Packers fans want Rodgers back, or are they ready to see what Love can do? Just a general question not considering the complicating factors with the contract finance stuff. As a Vikes fan, watching 30+ years of hall of fame quarterbacks for the Packers, I have an opinion
Not a packers fan, but I think it would be foolish to get rid of him for next season. You could tell by the end of the season that he was starting to develop some chemistry with his young wrs, Watson especially, and I could see him and the wrs taking the next step next season.

And if im another team, I wouldnt have any confidence that he would come in and put in the work with my wrs/offense and not be out doing dmt with rogan during the offseason. Obviously, other teams wouldnt feel that way and would trade the farm for him, but if my team did that, i wouldnt be a fan.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan1945.50
      01-24-2023, 08:43 AM   #1110
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Bears would be smart to trade that #1 pick for a haul and rebuild the team that way. I think they also have a good amount of cap space, so they can get a premier wr to help Fields' development. NFC North could be in a position like the NFC East was this season, 4 good teams that could potentially make the playoffs.

Quote:
I don't really know what to think but feels like the Vikes are so far off from being a good team and I can't get behind them being dominant in the north. They are the NFC version of the Titans. How they won 13 games this year is incredible. And overall there seems to be a big culture and/or attitude piece that is missing. Aside from Jefferson (and I guess Patrick Peterson) there aren't really personalities that stand out and help shape the identity of the team. There needs to be more players with mojo and swagger, that are able to strike fear in their opponents.
Vikings are such a weird team. 2021 season, they go 6-8 in 1 score games. 2022 they go 11-0 (11-1 if you count playoffs) in 1 score games. Neither of those are really sustainable, so who knows what happens this year.

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2023, 08:45 AM   #1111
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yikes. Things could be worse as you could be a Knicks fan like myself.
Im not worried about Dak's dead cap hit, since hes not getting cut/traded. He had a down year, but historically has been a top 10 qb. There are much bigger issues in Dallas, WR, OL, HB, DB, DL, LB, OC/DC (assuming DQ leaves) that need to be addressed before we even think about the qb

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2023, 10:15 AM   #1112
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

0:39 is this from the Cowboys' official Twitter?! If yes, then I think they are srsly thinking about the QB position.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2023, 10:44 AM   #1113
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

This dude right here is "MR COWBOY"!
Nobody is as dominant in the NFL on defense as this young man, period. Watch as Baldy breaks his tape down against the Niners.
Yes. It's too bad we have a overpaid QB, inept Head Coach and questionable Offensive Coordinator.
But if I'm building a Professional Football Team today, I'm starting with Micah Parsons no questions.
I played linebacker and safety and I'm a fan of the sport, this dude is other worldly...

https://twitter.com/MicahhParsons11/...sUSsJzOCg&s=19
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34176.50
      01-24-2023, 10:47 AM   #1114
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Another clueless one here who thinks I’m a Dallas fan. I tell it how it is as Purdy’s luck ran out and Dallas had opportunities to put this game away. Dak didn’t execute and McCarthy once again cannot manage time.

End of story.
This! You're not even a Dallas fan. I am. I can't put it any better!
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34176.50
      01-24-2023, 10:47 AM   #1115
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Corvette Z06

Lmaoooo, watching the Cowboys crash and burn every post-season they make it to is a tradition. Garbage dump franchise.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2023, 10:52 AM   #1116
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

I have a strange affinity to the Cowboys...maybe cuz I'm a Leafs fan lol.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2023, 10:54 AM   #1117
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I’m his kryptonite so he’ll need more than glasses.

TXSTYLE, your thoughts on coach and QB? Payton might go with the Broncos so are you happy with McCarthy’s return? Dump Dak for Lamar, Jimmy G or Drama Arod? Another WR? What’s it gonna take for your team to get over that hump?
Bro. You have summed up my thoughts exactly!

I'm done with Dak. IDGAF what his regular season stats have been. He is NOT the answer for this team. He's had 7 years to prove it! I'm definitely taking any of the choices you mentioned above over him.
One stud Receiver. One competent Head Coach. And Lamar.
SUPERBOWL bound without question.

Our Defense completely nullified Deebo Samuel, one of if not the best in the game.

I'm actually afraid of losing Dan Quinn more than anything...
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2023, 11:10 AM   #1118
3798j
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86 3.0si

Garage List
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
This dude right here is "MR COWBOY"!
Nobody is as dominant in the NFL on defense as this young man, period.
Except for the Eagles' Haasan Reddick...
Take a look at their stats from the regular season:

H. Reddick: 16.0 sacks, 26 QB hits, 11 tackles for loss, 5 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, 3 passes defended
M. Parsons: 13.5 sacks, 27 QB hits, 14 tackles for loss, 3 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, 3 passes defended
Those are pretty darn similar stat lines.

Last edited by 3798j; 01-24-2023 at 11:50 AM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 1
No Boost4019.00
      01-24-2023, 11:32 AM   #1119
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Elliot got BLOWED UP on that last play. I've seen him block before, but there was something about him starting from a crouch that just messed him up.

McCaffrey has always been a thorn in my side. Hopefully he can continue this post and be a thorn in the Eagles.

Vikings HAVE to get some D. No matter that they have a some serious O-power, they can't continue to trust to outscore at 30+ per game. Fun to watch, but . . .

Rodgers just doesn't seem to want to play, I see that in his body language. OR maybe that's just him getting old.
      01-24-2023, 11:39 AM   #1120
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
Except for the Eagle's Haasan Reddick...
Take a look at their stats from the regular season:

H. Reddick: 16.0 sacks, 26 QB hits, 11 tackles for loss, 5 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, 3 passes defended
M. Parsons: 13.5 sacks, 27 QB hits, 14 tackles for loss, 3 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, 3 passes defended
Those are pretty darn similar stat lines.
True. Gotta give that guy his due credit as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2023, 11:43 AM   #1121
3798j
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86 3.0si

Garage List
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
True. Gotta give that guy his due credit as well.
Don't take me wrong though. Parsons is from my hometown...have closely followed his high-school, college, and pro career with admiration.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2023, 11:53 AM   #1122
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
Don't take me wrong though. Parsons is from my hometown...have closely followed his high-school, college, and pro career with admiration.
I don't know much about Reddick and his character. But I do know a lot about Micah and have seen him out. He's a overall great dude.
Appreciate 1
M3WC3639.00