BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

08-08-2018, 02:01 PM   #243
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
https://apnews.com/477fddd99be843e7bd65820d3dff3445
Gates, star witness against Manafort, concludes testimony
      08-08-2018, 02:08 PM   #244
wdb
dances with roads
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 E93 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
https://nypost.com/2018/08/07/why-it...e-in-the-hole/

"It is a national disgrace that, 19 months after the president took the oath, the public is kept in the dark about the most basic things, including whether the FBI had any credible allegations about collusion, or whether it relied exclusively on the Hillary Clinton-financed Russian Dossier to get a surveillance warrant against Trump associate Carter Page."
Settle in pumpkin. Ken Starr ran his for 4 years. Mueller's already scored a hell of a lot more than a stained dress.
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2018, 02:14 PM   #245
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Settle in pumpkin. Ken Starr ran his for 4 years. Mueller's already scored a hell of a lot more than a stained dress.
I'll bet the Starr investigation was a lot more entertaining to be on. Bank fraud and money laundering vs. slutty interns and presidential c*mshots.
Appreciate 2
      08-08-2018, 08:39 PM   #246
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Quote:
https://nypost.com/2018/08/07/why-it...e-in-the-hole/

"It is a national disgrace that, 19 months after the president took the oath, the public is kept in the dark about the most basic things, including whether the FBI had any credible allegations about collusion, or whether it relied exclusively on the Hillary Clinton-financed Russian Dossier to get a surveillance warrant against Trump associate Carter Page."
Like what is more incriminating in this investigation than a stained dress? In fact, what does Mueller even have, other than a Clinton-paid-for fake dossier?

08-09-2018, 02:26 AM   #247
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Why do you guys want to believe every crazy Q conspiracy and conspiracy about airplanes putting Chemicals in the air to mind control us but you think Russians meddling in elections is just all fake conspiracy?? Haha
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2018, 03:37 AM   #248
NormanConquest
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS2k View Post
Why do you guys want to believe every crazy Q conspiracy and conspiracy about airplanes putting Chemicals in the air to mind control us but you think Russians meddling in elections is just all fake conspiracy?? Haha
Because we dont believe in chemical in the sky nor we believe in russian meddling after 2 plus years with an unlimited budget, no evidence of a crime, and what has clearly been here a target go get him boys approach by the DOJ and FBI.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 07:22 AM   #249
Zlaatan
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: RWD

Quote:
Like what is more incriminating in this investigation than a stained dress? In fact, what does Mueller even have, other than a Clinton-paid-for fake dossier?
How many times are you going to ask that question when you already know the answer? If there is any evidence then it won't be shown to the public until the investigation is over.

Trying to deligitimize an ongoing investigation because you haven't seen any incriminating evidence isn't exactly the best of strategies, no matter how popular it seems to be.
Appreciate 3
      08-09-2018, 07:54 AM   #250
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Because we dont believe in chemical in the sky nor we believe in russian meddling after 2 plus years with an unlimited budget, no evidence of a crime, and what has clearly been here a target go get him boys approach by the DOJ and FBI.

Mueller appointed in March of 2017.

Math is hard.
Appreciate 3
wdb1415.00

08-09-2018, 08:15 AM   #251
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Quote:

Math is hard.
But that's what Hannity and Bratbart told him!!!!!
      08-09-2018, 08:25 AM   #252
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Russian meddling, period - or Russian meddling with the assistance of the Trump campaign?

If you're denying Russian attempts to influence our election, period, then the entire intelligence community of the USA would like a couple of words with you.

Appreciate 1
      08-09-2018, 08:51 AM   #253
insanecoder
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

The Manafort trial is a joke.. what does this have anything to do with Russian collusion.. none.

The guy broke the tax law over 10 yrs ago.. something most Americans do every year.. yes.. cheat ever so slightly on taxes..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 08:55 AM   #254
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanecoder View Post
The Manafort trial is a joke.. what does this have anything to do with Russian collusion.. none.

The guy broke the tax law over 10 yrs ago.. something most Americans do every year.. yes.. cheat ever so slightly on taxes..
Weird that we don't see "most Americans" being rung up on 32 different criminal counts every year, then.

The only reasonable explanation is that it's because of his association with Trump. You're right.

Poor Paulie - he didn't do anything wrong, just a victim of circumstance.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 08:58 AM   #255
NormanConquest
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
Weird that we don't see "most Americans" being rung up on 32 different criminal counts every year, then.

The only reasonable explanation is that it's because of his association with Trump. You're right.

Poor Paulie - he didn't do anything wrong, just a victim of circumstance.
Because the tax law is setup to be use as a weapon to anyone who cross the deepstate. Which is why they need to abolish the income tax and replace it with sales tax and traiffs.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 09:08 AM   #256
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Because the tax law is setup to be use as a weapon to anyone who cross the deepstate. Which is why they need to abolish the income tax and replace it with sales tax and traiffs.

Don't. Break. The. Fucking. Law.

Or in Paulie's case, laws.

How about starting there?
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2018, 09:15 AM   #257
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
      08-09-2018, 09:19 AM   #258
Tuxedo
Bowties r cool ▶:◀
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09' 128i MT e88, 19' G01 X3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanecoder View Post

See if you have a half of day you could read all 3 indictments on Paul and come to the informed look at the evidence(if proven) is way more then cheating on your taxes. Now if russian money goes thru filtered by those around Trump that means something. https://www.justice.gov/sco great read

oh and the part where falsifying documents to obtain bank loans in exchange for Trump cabinet positions has a quality of not just taxes. https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/ma...ding-to-gates/
Appreciate 2
      08-09-2018, 09:21 AM   #259
Tuxedo
Bowties r cool ▶:◀
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09' 128i MT e88, 19' G01 X3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post

Math is hard.
On May 17, 2017, Robert S. Mueller III was appointed by acting Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein to serve as Special Counsel by the order below.

Order 3915-2017
Appreciate 2
      08-09-2018, 09:34 AM   #260
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlaatan View Post
Quote:
How many times are you going to ask that question when you already know the answer? If there is any evidence then it won't be shown to the public until the investigation is over.

Trying to deligitimize an ongoing investigation because you haven't seen any incriminating evidence isn't exactly the best of strategies, no matter how popular it seems to be.
Sorry - my question was rhetorical.

I don't think it's acceptable for the American public to be expected to give Mueller over a year to conduct his investigation, with no evidence, no measurement, and no accountability. We need some sort of blue dress at this point - something that shows an indication of progress; else it's just a witch hunt, distraction, and enabling of the #resist crowd - none of which is legitimate.
      08-09-2018, 09:36 AM   #261
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:

I don't think it's acceptable for the American public to be expected to give Mueller over a year to conduct his investigation, with no evidence, no measurement, and no accountability. We need some sort of blue dress at this point - something that shows an indication of progress; else it's just a witch hunt, distraction, and enabling of the #resist crowd - none of which is legitimate.
So if you can't see the evidence, then it doesn't exist?

Schrodinger would be disappointed.

Also, how far into the investigation before Starr got his hands on Lewinski's dress?
Appreciate 3
Zlaatan567.00
Sea-Tac1376.50

08-09-2018, 09:37 AM   #262
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:

Rhetorical again?
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...ueller-n895821
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...a-wolf-vpx.cnn
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...investigation/

08-09-2018, 09:51 AM   #263
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo View Post
On May 17, 2017, Robert S. Mueller III was appointed by acting Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein to serve as Special Counsel by the order below.

Order 3915-2017
Much like drunk posting, pre 6:00 AM posting is also a bad idea. You are correct, May. Typo when I said March. Still falls short of the "2 plus years" of investigation garbage that was thrown out by Norm.
Appreciate 2
      08-09-2018, 09:55 AM   #264
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:

No, we don't "need" a blue dress or any other evidence. We are members of the general public. We aren't owed sh*t, no matter how curious we are. Hey, I'm curious about what our nuclear codes are and how our international spy efforts work, but I'm not owed that either, nor do I expect it.

What we are owed is access to any unsealed indictments. That much we get. And for those of us who take the time to read them, they are eye opening.
Appreciate 2
Sea-Tac1376.50