BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

View Poll Results: Am I at fault?
Yes, you are at fault 16 17.78%
No, you are not at fault 74 82.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

11-26-2009, 03:30 PM   #23
jaiman
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
While I'm at the Dr's office, go get yourself a sense of humor. Uptight pillars like you probably coddle your kids every time they sneeze, and we're fast friends today. Easy Dr. Spock...
Not a coddler at all. I may have thrown the kid in a pool, or dumped a bucket of water on him. Lock him in a cooler? Nope. But I guess I'm not as tough as you.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 03:31 PM   #24
SoCali E36
BMW Client Advisor
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 40e/e36 M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
And you obviously like fat chicks.
really? is that really the best you can do?
      11-26-2009, 03:33 PM   #25
jaiman
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCali E90 View Post
really? is that really the best you can do?
Are they the best you can do?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 03:38 PM   #26
MCS
e90 newbie
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 E93

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Dude - Man up - You shouldn't be hitting kids.

I don't argue that you can give him a reasonable level of discipline - i.e Don't touch that computer cord, or i'll wrestle you and possibly restrain him for a bit.

Hitting a kid is not a good thing. You just sunk to his level.
      11-26-2009, 03:39 PM   #27
SoCali E36
BMW Client Advisor
United_States
Rep

Quote:
hahaha give it up you wont win i promise you.
      11-26-2009, 03:46 PM   #28
jaiman
Captain
Rep

Quote:
hahaha give it up you wont win i promise you.
The way I see it you made a weak joke, got slapped, made a weak rebutal, and got slapped with it, and now you are putting your tail between your legs and running.

So I'll call that a win.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #29
lucas.kent
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
you're in the right. kids like that sometimes need discipline from *someone* in their lives. plus, he's your cousin - so it's not like he's some random kid from down the street or in the aisle at wal mart.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 04:35 PM   #30
SoCali E36
BMW Client Advisor
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The way I see it you made a weak joke, got slapped, made a weak rebutal, and got slapped with it, and now you are putting your tail between your legs and running.

So I'll call that a win.
looks like you need to go to an optometrist because the way you see it is incorrect.
      11-26-2009, 04:41 PM   #31
boymonkey
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slow

The boy probably cried because it was the first time someone told him No and enforced it, and he got scared. It's true that you shouldn't beat up someone weaker than you. But disciplining a child is not the same as starting a fight.

samwoo2go, I thought you were asian. If you're asian and your family's asian, then what is the problem? Asian kids get beatings as a form of discipline; it's been like that for 5000 years. Tell your family to stop freaking out and get their act together.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 04:56 PM   #32
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
looks like you need to go to an optometrist because the way you see it is incorrect.
This ^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 05:10 PM   #33
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
I think he also learned that you're an asshole.

Good lord. Adults, loosing control of their tempers and hitting kids or locking them in coolers. Perhaps you could have used your pea brains and come up with a better way to deal with the situations. As I said in the first thread, its pathetic. Go get vascetomies. Now. Today.
Your spoiled brat is not the precious little prince or princess of the universe.

And neither are you.
      11-26-2009, 05:33 PM   #34
GreenPlease
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i e92

Kid got what he deserved. Kids these days are totally unaware of the fact that life has consequences if you screw up. You did the kid a favor by teaching him otherwise without actually hurting him.
      11-26-2009, 07:32 PM   #35
Gearcraft
misadventurer
Philippines
Rep
Drives: bubbie mystic blue whale

kids need to learn discipline at an early age. he's your relative so i think its okay, especially if the parents are not willing to put the kid on the line and straighten him up. i don't tolerate kids' misbehaviors, i yell at them, tell them the possible consequences, give them the consequences, and ask them right after if they understand what i did. i think its important to make sure they understand. they seem to be embarrassed at themselves after asking them.

to the OP, i think you did the kid and the parents a favor.
      11-26-2009, 08:39 PM   #36
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Jai and Socal cut it out, you are thread jacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by boymonkey View Post
The boy probably cried because it was the first time someone told him No and enforced it, and he got scared. It's true that you shouldn't beat up someone weaker than you. But disciplining a child is not the same as starting a fight.

samwoo2go, I thought you were asian. If you're asian and your family's asian, then what is the problem? Asian kids get beatings as a form of discipline; it's been like that for 5000 years. Tell your family to stop freaking out and get their act together.
Yes, I am Asian but the problem is that I live in America and some of my family members are extremely over terrified of the "In America, parents/adults get arrested for bumping their kids FBI come knocking down your door and you do 50 years for accidently breaking a minor's fingernail scenario story" This is just a general fear of White people and the Police, which is normal for older Asian generations. Some is totally hog washed by white culture of "no-hit" policy and you should give fucking timeouts and other useless methods that produced this 2 little monsters in the first place.

For all the people that said I got them to fear me, but not respect me. i totally agree with you. However, I wasn't trying to get them to respect me, because frankly, they respect nobody including their parents, you should see the look of embrassment and "shit what do we do" look on their parents' faces when we have huge family dinners with non-family guests and they can't get their kids to stop running in circles around the table and crawling underneath.
I wanted them to respect authority, and just like the real world, authority is given to the biggest fist. I tried diplomacy and reason with them, I think 12 is old enough for reasoning, i mean its not like he is 6 or somethig, for crying out loud he's gona drive in 3 more years. And when paths of diplomacy breaks down, bring out the big guns.

BTW today I was sleeping in the living room and they got up all nice and early like kids do and started to make a racuss in the living room playing with my dog. I said, can you guys play in the other living room, im sleeping. They said ok, grabbed my dog and left. No Fuss, no fucking why, buts and ifs, no lingering, no crying no bullshit. So at the bare mininium if they didn't learn shit, I bought myself a good morning of sleep, and theres another dinner tonight, so I'll see if they learned.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 09:01 PM   #37
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

and while we are sharing childhood geeting your ass beat stories.

When I was a kid, whenever I fuck up, I would get belted and it was fucking shitty.

My dad would make me walk to the closet and pick out a belt of my choosing. That is worse than getting hit IMO, its like the firing squad asking you to pick out the type of bullet you want...well let see here, we got hollow points, buck shots, .45s, .38s...FML.
The first time i did that, I picked out the thinnest belt in the closet, it was like a whip, o Man i never did that again. Then i would lie down and my dad would ask me how many times do you think you deserve. I would always ALWAYS say de facto 1 lol and he would go, ok 10 sounds pretty good, I don't even know why he asked haha.

What did I learn? Here is some key ass beatings that I think i really benefited from.

at 7, I learned that if theres food on the table in front of me I better fucking eat it.
at 2nd grade, I learned i can't just kiss the girl I like, she has to agree too...ridiculus...I know.
at 4th grade, I learned to not cut class
at 5th grade, i learned not to steal
at 6th grade, I learned not to fap with the door unlocked.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 09:12 PM   #38
ideliver
Major
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, E71 X6M, E46 M3

Garage List
2006 BMW E46 M3 'vert  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2011 BMW E92  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
I agree with everything said here...however, he is not your responsibility...he got what he deserved...but depending your relationship with his parents, they may not agree with your actions...

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 09:43 PM   #39
boymonkey
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwoo2go View Post
Yes, I am Asian but the problem is that I live in America and some of my family members are extremely over terrified of the "In America, parents/adults get arrested for bumping their kids FBI come knocking down your door and you do 50 years for accidently breaking a minor's fingernail scenario story" This is just a general fear of White people and the Police, which is normal for older Asian generations. Some is totally hog washed by white culture of "no-hit" policy and you should give fucking timeouts and other useless methods that produced this 2 little monsters in the first place.

For all the people that said I got them to fear me, but not respect me. i totally agree with you. However, I wasn't trying to get them to respect me, because frankly, they respect nobody including their parents, you should see the look of embrassment and "shit what do we do" look on their parents' faces when we have huge family dinners with non-family guests and they can't get their kids to stop running in circles around the table and crawling underneath.
I wanted them to respect authority, and just like the real world, authority is given to the biggest fist. I tried diplomacy and reason with them, I think 12 is old enough for reasoning, i mean its not like he is 6 or somethig, for crying out loud he's gona drive in 3 more years. And when paths of diplomacy breaks down, bring out the big guns.

BTW today I was sleeping in the living room and they got up all nice and early like kids do and started to make a racuss in the living room playing with my dog. I said, can you guys play in the other living room, im sleeping. They said ok, grabbed my dog and left. No Fuss, no fucking why, buts and ifs, no lingering, no crying no bullshit. So at the bare mininium if they didn't learn shit, I bought myself a good morning of sleep, and theres another dinner tonight, so I'll see if they learned.
Yeah it sucks that you can get in trouble for hitting a kid even when the kid deserved it. In your case he clearly deserved it, because you warned that you'd punch him.

Kids go to school the next day and tell the teacher. And the teacher calls the cops on the parents. It's messed up. If I have kids and they do that, I'll kick them out.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #40
boymonkey
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwoo2go View Post
and while we are sharing childhood geeting your ass beat stories.

When I was a kid, whenever I fuck up, I would get belted and it was fucking shitty.

My dad would make me walk to the closet and pick out a belt of my choosing. That is worse than getting hit IMO, its like the firing squad asking you to pick out the type of bullet you want...well let see here, we got hollow points, buck shots, .45s, .38s...FML.
The first time i did that, I picked out the thinnest belt in the closet, it was like a whip, o Man i never did that again. Then i would lie down and my dad would ask me how many times do you think you deserve. I would always ALWAYS say de facto 1 lol and he would go, ok 10 sounds pretty good, I don't even know why he asked haha.
LOL. I had a choice between a hose and a shoehorn. Both were flexible and gave really good whipping action. My mom never told me how many times though, so the end of a whipping was never predictable.

Edit: And cloth hangers.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 10:03 PM   #41
Scorpion
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Nothing

If his parents weren't going to set him straight, then someone else had to. In this case it was you, I'd say your not at fault. When kids like these grow up they become douche bags and have no respect for anyone. It's best to set them straight as soon as possible. My dad would have kicked my ass if I acted like that.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 11:44 PM   #42
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
If his parents weren't going to set him straight, then someone else had to. In this case it was you, I'd say your not at fault. When kids like these grow up they become douche bags and have no respect for anyone. It's best to set them straight as soon as possible. My dad would have kicked my ass if I acted like that.
Hence the cooler....

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2009, 12:17 AM   #43
jhv
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
i literally went 'OHHHH SHIT' out loud
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2009, 12:37 AM   #44
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Punch him in the stomach next time. It doesn't bruise, so there's no evidence

And, I would have done the same thing to discipline that brat. Except, I would have punched him in the stomach